Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling The Cold

Feeling The Cold

Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Have egg beans and curry for dinner and take some matches to bed.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
:scared: :scared:

I was going to say: welcome back, missed you!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:30 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Simone
Ok, I said I love biology, not that I'm good at it! (or the English language!)

Help!

Ok, trying my best, disecting the sentance:
Girls are more sensitive because they have more insulating curving ?? fat, with the nerves on the outside and less hair.
The result of ?? of competetive vanity.

Well, I honestly have nearly the same amount of hair as some guys.
I'm also convinced I have a lot more testosteron in general than average. (I'm a good driver, and can read maps )
Do have a lot of fat though.
Another thing that is wrong with me, I transpire/sweat much more than 'normal' people. I even transpire in the middle of winter..
Got any explanations, in language suited for me

Oh god, I hope not everybody is reading this thread :scared:
All computes: more testosterone = more masculine = more perspiration; proper girls just glow.

BTW horses sweat and you're cute.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

No no no, I sweat, and I'm not cute!
Not a proper girl..... Ah well, knew that already!

Wasn't it pigs sweat?
Or was there and even worse word for that? Can't remember..
Women.... transpire?
Men.....??
Pigs....???
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:21 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't it pigs sweat?
Women.... transpire?
Men.....??
Pigs....???

Think its horses sweat, men perspire and women glow
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:10 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Wasn't it pigs sweat?
Women.... transpire?
Men.....??
Pigs....???
Perspire, Simone, perspire. Now you know why it's just called sweat, as it's probably less confusing.

To transpire is to take place, occur, happen, etc.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Of course!
Perspire!

Transpire - once again, I'm mixing up Dutch and English again
In Dutch it's transpireren, Ik transpireer (I perspire)

I'll stick with sweat

I'm sweating(a bit), and I just got out of the shower!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:03 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Think its horses sweat, men perspire and women glow
When it's really hot, I glow like a pig

Anya.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:04 am
ABCDiamond

I'm mixing up Dutch and English again
What's the Dutch translation for the interval between courses at a dinner?

My Dutch Step-mum came up with a very interesting comment, when they took a long time to serve the next course.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:08 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
When it's really hot, I glow like a pig

Anya.
When its really hot i perspire like Ron Atkinson at the Notting Hill carnival.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
What's the Dutch translation for the interval between courses at a dinner?

My Dutch Step-mum came up with a very interesting comment, when they took a long time to serve the next course.
I have no idea!
Can't think there is actually a name for that! But I guess there is...
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
Forgot to add.

Be careful you don't start any Bush fires.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:51 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Feeling The Cold

Originally posted by Jaykay
I have resorted to bringing out the Lambswool Coat. I've been wearing my puffa jacket for a while now, but yesterday it just got too cold for me and the Lambswool coat came out.

I really thought that I wouldn't feel the cold that much after 10 years in the UK, but I think I'm feeling it worse than ever.

To make things worse, the house that we are renting only has heating in the lounge and the family room, so everything inbetween these two rooms is covered in icicles!! I've even resorted to a hot water bottle for the bed!

We walked down to the ten pin bowling place last night to have a game or two and I had to put my gloves on too.

Saying that, I was very warm by the time I got there as it's a good 15 minute walk away.

Is anyone else feeling the cold as bad as me?
Oh yes. Your story sounding very familiar we even have been curled up on the sofa under 3 blankets. But we are better now we had ducted heating installed.

Jo
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by joh117
Oh yes. Your story sounding very familiar we even have been curled up on the sofa under 3 blankets. But we are better now we had ducted heating installed.

Jo
10 days until we move into our new house which also has ducted heating, an open fireplace and evaporative cooling for the summer.

Can't wait for that heating.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 5:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jaykay
10 days until we move into our new house which also has ducted heating, an open fireplace and evaporative cooling for the summer.

Can't wait for that heating.
your not that cold . are u?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.