Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling The Cold

Feeling The Cold

Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by bondipom
Move to Sydney. Can't remember the last day it rained. Bush fire season has already started with some backburning going out of control.
Can't afford it
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Megalania
Shivering is good.
Yeah I heard that you can lose calories by shivering alone
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:39 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jaykay
Yeah I heard that you can lose calories by shivering alone
ooowww mate you know you'e not alone
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:47 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

And stop waxing yer legs:

There are two types of thermo-regulatory thermogenesis: shivering and non-shivering. Shivering helps the body create heat. The skeletal muscles create the shivering. There's a little muscle on each hair that helps to create a better blanket for us.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

. There's a little muscle on each hair that helps to create a better blanket for us.
It called the "arrector pilli muscle"
It actually contracts with the cold thus trapping air close to the skins surface for the warmth in our blood to heat it up
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by hevs
It called the "arrector pilli muscle"
It actually contracts with the cold thus trapping air close to the skins surface for the warmth in our blood to heat it up
Steady on mate, you're sounding almost brainy there
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

And stop waxing yer legs:
Haven't done mine for ages. Waiting for Hevs to open up Chez Wax Works Salon
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:49 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, you used to live in an old thermos?

You could put another lorg on the fire or you could:

1. Cook up some bacon and some beans.
2. Go out to the car and change the tyre.
3. Wash all the socks and sew those old blue jeans.
4. Fill hubby's pipe, and fetch his slippers.
5. Boil up another pot of tea.
Gotta love ya Megs, havent heard that one for years!

Now come & tell me why you're leaving me!???

Agree with ABC, its not been too bad so far this year, spent last weekend out on the boat Ceri & it wasnt bad, neither was a fortnight back, we sat out on the deck fishing & talking til almost midnight. Once you go to bed, the cabin stays nice & toasty warm as long as you close the hatches. Off tommorrow for 4 days cruising & fishing, temps look like they will be a bit colder than last weekend, will let you know how we fare.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:54 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Now come & tell me why you're leaving me!???
Don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:59 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
Yeah but aint ya going to take me fishing with you someday?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:00 pm
Banned

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Yeah but aint ya going to take me fishing with you someday?
Fat Chance?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:09 pm
Rocket Scientist

No chance .
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol at all you lot!

I love biology! When Megs said shivering is good I understood, and I also thought of the hairs that stand up.... we're not animals though, don't have enough hair.... Though, I come pretty close Don't understood why it has to be so dark though...
But, I guess if I was blond I'd burn easier!

Anyway, I a wimp. Get cold easily, and get hot easily
Heater in the bathroom and heater or electric blankets are musthaves for me.

We're staying with my friend and her sister first few weeks. Her sister already said we can sleep in her room, so she can sleep in the living near the heater, so doesn't mind at all!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:08 am
Banned

Originally posted by Simone
lol at all you lot!

I love biology! When Megs said shivering is good I understood, and I also thought of the hairs that stand up.... we're not animals though, don't have enough hair.... Though, I come pretty close Don't understood why it has to be so dark though...
But, I guess if I was blond I'd burn easier!

Anyway, I a wimp. Get cold easily, and get hot easily
Heater in the bathroom and heater or electric blankets are musthaves for me.

We're staying with my friend and her sister first few weeks. Her sister already said we can sleep in her room, so she can sleep in the living near the heater, so doesn't mind at all!!
Goils are sensitive 'cos they have more insulating curvaceous sub-cutaneous fat with the nerves on the outside and less hair. The result of eons of competetive vanity.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:21 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I said I love biology, not that I'm good at it! (or the English language!)

Help!

Ok, trying my best, disecting the sentance:
Girls are more sensitive because they have more insulating curving ?? fat, with the nerves on the outside and less hair.
The result of ?? of competetive vanity.

Well, I honestly have nearly the same amount of hair as some guys.
I'm also convinced I have a lot more testosteron in general than average. (I'm a good driver, and can read maps )
Do have a lot of fat though.
Another thing that is wrong with me, I transpire/sweat much more than 'normal' people. I even transpire in the middle of winter..
Got any explanations, in language suited for me

Oh god, I hope not everybody is reading this thread :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.