Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice
Default Re: Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Originally Posted by robos
Was talking to my youngest before and believe it or not the catchphrase all the kids in his year like to use when being disciplined is
"go on then, you touch me and i will have you done"

I was assaulted by four kids aged 12-15. When I restrained one, it was me arrested despite the Police accepting that they attacked me. 'You cannot do that sort of thing' was the advice.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Very interested to read all your comments comparing kids in the uk to australian kids. I have recently had quite a lot of problems at work with teenagers. I am a paramedic, on christmas day night somebody knicked vital equiptment from the ambulance, this was of no use or monetary value to anybody other than for life saving purposes, they also knicked the screen for satelite navigation again of no use to anybody cos it was only the screen. We were actually outside a house following an emergency call. Is nothing sacred, somebody could have died as a result of not having equiptment necessary . At the best it meant we where unavailable to recieve 999 calls until we had replaced equiptment, it also meant that the ambulance then was out of action while sat nav was replaced and all this at the very busiest time of year. Do these kids have no respect for anything?? A couple of nights later whilst sat at traffic lights in the ambulance some young lad about 14 or 15 just came up and punched th wing mirror, completely gobsmacked why arent they at home in bed, it was 2am! Then to top it all got called to assist a 17 yr old last night and she pulled a knife out and threatened us with it. This is all in rural cheshire, thought by leaving Leeds was getting away from all this crap. It just so annoys me that by the very nature of my job is to help people, and then you get all this abuse, I have always loved my job but it is getting so frustrating to be abused in such a way. Sorry for ranting.
Do you think that kids in aus seem to be more respectful because its more family orientated and families do more as a family than what is the norm in the uk, just a thought. "A family that plays together stay together"
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:48 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

the country is turning in that tv show 'little britain'.
vicky pollard YE BUT NO BUT.
can any of you lot see it getting any better or is it to far gone.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:14 pm
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jonni boy
And I thought South Africa was in a bad way!!

Unless the govenrment pulls it's finger out, and stops being so bloody "politically correct", I think that this problem will stick around for a very long time. These kids have to grow up and are the future of this country....which by the looks of things is not going to be very good!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:21 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

leechy100 you have really shocked me, i never thought things were as bad as that. To some degree you can understand why they are confrontational to parents, teachers and the police, because they all pose a threat to them. But you provide a service that helps people who need it most (including undeserving scum like them). What hope is there if they have no respect for you and the countless other dedicated people like you. I am even more in awe of you knowing that you have to put up with this as well as everything else that you do, how do you put up with it?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonni boy
the country is turning in that tv show 'little britain'.
vicky pollard YE BUT NO BUT.
Hi,
I have been following this thread and couldn't agree more! I am a teacher and although I teach in a lovely little Norfolk village, each year I see the kids get more and more disrespectful (to each other and very occasionally staff), but what's worried me most is the change in our 11 year old since starting high school and mixing with a wider range of kids - his vocabulary has been extended, but not in a way i approve of!!! I know you can't shelter them forever, but it's so sad when you see the effects of the "don't care" society rubbing off on your own.
We are only just starting process (getting refs etc, together) and I keep having "should we or shouldn't we?" thoughts, but reading this thread reminds me why we're thinking about it at all - for our 3 sons to have a future away from the yob culture that seems to growing and the law which seems to be on the side of the offender!
We live in a very rural area, in a lovely house with 1.5 acres, so it's not like we're stuck in a city, but the problems as someone else said, are only going to get worse and are spreading to the countryside, due to the effect of the media and peer pressure. (I'm astounded how many of the 7-11 year olds I teach watch unsuitable programmes and play 18 classified Playstation games - sure this doesn't help)
Anyway will stop whinging now remind myself of this thread whenever the "second thoughts" appear!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:47 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sorry to say this but children have far too much freedom.

Parents dont give a shit about them and merrily let their kids have a free rein from an early age.

Children as young as five, have been seen smoking joints by a derelict pub a few miles from me.

I wish they would bring in kurfews and ALL minors under a certain age are not allowed to roam the streets after a certain time.

I would have been scared to argue with an adult when I was 13. I read something today where kids as young as 10 are having sex because 'its something to do' that is in Milton Keynes.

Something has to be done. I dont get how a child can assault their teacher and you cant even restrain them back.

Fear kept us from doing wrong at school and it didnt do us any harm.

Bring in boot camp, bring in regimental teachers that are not afraid to shout the ears of a pupil, give the power back to the teachers.

And if we have to, send the bastards for National Service.

And to the people on the estate near me, you had your children, you chose to have them. Keep them inside and under control.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:59 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone just thought i would share this with you. As some of you know we are well underway with the migration process after many years of putting it off. During the application process we have had much soul searching and scary decisions to face and overcome, as do all potential migrants in our position. Ultimately we want to give our 3 children a better chance in life and see Oz as a better prospect than where we are at present. Where we do live is considered a lovely quiet village, which it is! and i considered everything to be fine as none of the family ever mentioned anything (Until last night)!!!!!:scared:
Turns out that for the past 12 months the kids and wife (Jan) have all been increasingly unhappy with where we live and the surrounding area. The kids in particular are regularly threatened by local gangs of louts who live nearby, in fact its got that bad they say that unless we take them and pick them up then they will not go out. My eldest son, (16) and the most pleasent kid around, is even being threatened by a gang of 12 year olds (can you believe that)!!!!! I laugh but these kids are nutters who really believe they are hard. My lad can handle himself but feels intimidated by the fact that these idiots would ultimately turn to there extended family if he retaliated. (No win situation) It really is unbearable as far as the kids are concerned.
They used to have a busy social life, including Ice skating every week, but its got that bad now that there are regular fights there and a constant police presence, (nice way to spend a Friday evening)!!!
Anyway my point is that i felt shocked at finding this out as we live in such a nice place (apparently). But it did make me feel that what we are doing is definately the right thing to do. What i am trying to say is that this country now seems to be breeding people who cant or wont communicate with others, and will lash out in the blink of an eye, and seem to thrive on confrontation. Some might say that we should fight back, but me I think we are better than that. Its confirmed it for us now, come on D.I.M.I.A Get us out of here!!!!!!!!

Does anybody else feel the same or had a similar eye opener lately? Sorry to ramble but had to share my feelings with you all.
Gary.

Mate,
Spot on !!!!
This place is getting worse and worse and i speak from experience. 2 years ago me and the better half were walking home following a bloody nice evening out, walked past this bloody idiot strangling this girl of about 16 with 4 of his mates watching !!!! (good blokes eh!), to cut along story short, they stamped on my head 47 times, fractured my skull 3 times, shattered my cheekbone, eye socket, lower jaw, 7 ribs and smashed 9 teeth, on the better half, they fractured 3 vertabrae, and numerous 'lady bit's' damage....all because i tried to stop them killing her......and i'm 6'2" and 16 stone, bald head and worked the door's of pub's for 12 years !!!!...no respect !!!!....it went to court this year !!!! they got let off on the first day !!...complete balls up by cps & police !......don't it just give you confidence !!!....i even get abused in my job too with twat's throwing rocks at us as we deal with house fire's etc !!......
And my mate's have the cheek to ask me why the hell do i want to leave ?... NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!

Ali.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Mate,
Spot on !!!!
This place is getting worse and worse and i speak from experience. 2 years ago me and the better half were walking home following a bloody nice evening out, walked past this bloody idiot strangling this girl of about 16 with 4 of his mates watching !!!! (good blokes eh!), to cut along story short, they stamped on my head 47 times, fractured my skull 3 times, shattered my cheekbone, eye socket, lower jaw, 7 ribs and smashed 9 teeth, on the better half, they fractured 3 vertabrae, and numerous 'lady bit's' damage....all because i tried to stop them killing her......and i'm 6'2" and 16 stone, bald head and worked the door's of pub's for 12 years !!!!...no respect !!!!....it went to court this year !!!! they got let off on the first day !!...complete balls up by cps & police !......don't it just give you confidence !!!....i even get abused in my job too with twat's throwing rocks at us as we deal with house fire's etc !!......
And my mate's have the cheek to ask me why the hell do i want to leave ?... NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!

Ali.
OMG that is horrific, I am just completely shocked that people can get away with violence like this, its beyond belief.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:13 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leechy100
OMG that is horrific, I am just completely shocked that people can get away with violence like this, its beyond belief.

And the powers that be wonder why people take things into their own hands to deal with it, had that happened to one of my kid's, people would be hung for it !!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:14 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Christ Ali, how must you feel after that? Animals!!! and to hear that you have rocks thrown at you, well i just cant believe that, WTF**K! posseses people to do stuff like that?
Dont blame you for wanting out, as i said before people in the emergency services are special people and should be treated as such, not like the enemy! Wonder what would happen if you and the ambulence service were more selective in where you attended a shout? What would the scum say about that? good luck with your future plans mate,
Gary.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 you have really shocked me, i never thought things were as bad as that. To some degree you can understand why they are confrontational to parents, teachers and the police, because they all pose a threat to them. But you provide a service that helps people who need it most (including undeserving scum like them). What hope is there if they have no respect for you and the countless other dedicated people like you. I am even more in awe of you knowing that you have to put up with this as well as everything else that you do, how do you put up with it?

Thankyou for your kind words. How do I put up with it? Well for all the dickheads (am I allowed to say that?) there are some really lovely people out there and when we can help them the job is so rewarding.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
And the powers that be wonder why people take things into their own hands to deal with it, had that happened to one of my kid's, people would be hung for it !!!
unfortunatley its the the only way you can deal with it
the law protects these wankers
take them down a back alley and kick f**k out of them
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:18 pm
Who me ?

Christ Ali, how must you feel after that? Animals!!! and to hear that you have rocks thrown at you, well i just cant believe that, WTF**K! posseses people to do stuff like that?
Dont blame you for wanting out, as i said before people in the emergency services are special people and should be treated as such, not like the enemy! Wonder what would happen if you and the ambulence service were more selective in where you attended a shout? What would the scum say about that? good luck with your future plans mate,
Gary.
Thanks mate, let's just say, what goes around comes around....sometimes very unexpectantly and extremely ferociously !!!!

Work...it suck's when scum think they have a right to do crap like that, as you say, wait till your house is on fire, then see if you throw them..!!!

Where are you heading off to down under mate ?
Ali
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:19 pm
Who me ?

Originally Posted by steve`o
unfortunatley its the the only way you can deal with it
the law protects these wankers
take them down a back alley and kick f**k out of them

Done, and again, and again !!!
Our brief was very kind to leave a file open at the right page shall we say !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.