Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:07 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

as said by many before me there is absolute no discipline at all,there's none on the street or in schools and in many cases there's none in the home.I'm as rough as they come but that doesn't mean thats how i want my girls to be.when i pick my girls up from school i can hear mums and dads F ing this and F ing that and thats in the playground so what chance do the kids have. one of my girls even got a little award at school for being well mannered which Chris thought was great but to me it just showed how bad things have got when it's the norm to be ill mannered and ignorant. kids shouldn't get an award for being polite.
rant over and now back to being an expats perv
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

On a visit to Perth I managed to leave my bag containing purse, camera etc lying inside a shop where there were quite a few teenagers. About an hour later when I had realised I'd left it I went back to the shop and it was still there! Another evening, out walking, a bunch of youths walked towards me and my daughter. Nearly fell over when they all said good evening and moved aside to let us pass. Even going in and out of shops, the kids stood aside to let adults in first. The kids there certainly appeared more mannerly.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonni boy
as said by many before me there is absolute no discipline at all,there's none on the street or in schools and in many cases there's none in the home.I'm as rough as they come but that doesn't mean thats how i want my girls to be.when i pick my girls up from school i can hear mums and dads F ing this and F ing that and thats in the playground so what chance do the kids have. one of my girls even got a little award at school for being well mannered which Chris thought was great but to me it just showed how bad things have got when it's the norm to be ill mannered and ignorant. kids shouldn't get an award for being polite.
rant over and now back to being an expats perv

Sad about the awards isn't it. I think it's supposed to try and make the scum drag themselves up a level. No chance.

My husband came home from dropping our daughter off at infants one day and without saying a word got a drink (Beer) at 9 am. eventually he told me that he had seen a fight between 2 mothers in the playground - hair swinging, punches, the lot and then one of them started using the C word to the other - this was while the kids were walking into the school. The head had come out and said she thought they could sort out their own issues. and didn't want to get involved. My hubby was so shocked he was speechless. What hope have the kids of those parents got.

I live in a very nice part of Bucks in a very small village just proving that this sort of behaviour can happen anywhere.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:05 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=suzy]Sad about the awards isn't it. I think it's supposed to try and make the scum drag themselves up a level. No chance.

My husband came home from dropping our daughter off at infants one day and without saying a word got a drink (Beer) at 9 am. eventually he told me that he had seen a fight between 2 mothers in the playground - hair swinging, punches, the lot and then one of them started using the C word to the other - this was while the kids were walking into the school. The head had come out and said she thought they could sort out their own issues. and didn't want to get involved. My hubby was so shocked he was speechless. What hope have the kids of those parents got.

I hope not to upset anyone with my comment, it is meant to be in good taste: This thread outlines the main reason for us going to Oz, when we hear that Perth has loads of Brits there, I often roll my eyes, thinking "great whats the point in going all that way to escape this cr*p to go and live with Brits there" But the people on here that have replied to this thread are the reason for going, I would be delighted to live next door to any one of you, (sounds yuk- get me a bucket, I know!!) but seriously I think that the people that do manage to go to Oz to better themselves can only be a good positive thing for us all.
This country needs to get the kids off the streets, its easy in a hot climate to keep kids occupied, whats here for them....nowt! and I am NOT saying poor old kids, my daughters don't walk the streets at night, my life isn't my own because I take and pick up every night they do something the 10yr old swims 9.5 hrs a week, the 16yr old has just given up swimming but she does dance, go to the pictures etc....they have a better social life than us, they are never in. But never walk the streets, its disgusting that parents can't be arsed to spend a bit to keep their kids safe and not hanging out of chippys and street corners!!!
All that said (about being a taxi), I wouldn't have it any other way. But I am looking forward to living my life in Perth, without the worry of wondering if they safe.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:58 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=soonbethere]
Originally Posted by suzy
Sad about the awards isn't it. I think it's supposed to try and make the scum drag themselves up a level. No chance.

I hope not to upset anyone with my comment, it is meant to be in good taste: This thread outlines the main reason for us going to Oz, when we hear that Perth has loads of Brits there, I often roll my eyes, thinking "great whats the point in going all that way to escape this cr*p to go and live with Brits there" But the people on here that have replied to this thread are the reason for going, I would be delighted to live next door to any one of you, (sounds yuk- get me a bucket, I know!!) but seriously I think that the people that do manage to go to Oz to better themselves can only be a good positive thing for us all.
This country needs to get the kids off the streets, its easy in a hot climate to keep kids occupied, whats here for them....nowt! and I am NOT saying poor old kids, my daughters don't walk the streets at night, my life isn't my own because I take and pick up every night they do something the 10yr old swims 9.5 hrs a week, the 16yr old has just given up swimming but she does dance, go to the pictures etc....they have a better social life than us, they are never in. But never walk the streets, its disgusting that parents can't be arsed to spend a bit to keep their kids safe and not hanging out of chippys and street corners!!!
All that said (about being a taxi), I wouldn't have it any other way. But I am looking forward to living my life in Perth, without the worry of wondering if they safe.
i don't see anything wrong with your post at all but unfortunately shit happens everywhere including oz but it's just the shear volume of idiots that makes it different. the couple of times we've been to oz we've all noticed that people are more aware of the simple things like people actually use the litter bins and not every street is covered in dog shit, sure Australia has it's problems but for me it can't be any worst and i know before we go that I'm going to be doing the same crap job and getting covered in oil and dirt every day but at least our girls should (i hope) have a better life .

be warned,thats two sensible post from me in a row but now I'm opening the first of many beers so there won't be a third .
good luck everyone.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jonni boy]
Originally Posted by soonbethere

be warned,thats two sensible post from me in a row but now I'm opening the first of many beers so there won't be a third .

:scared: :scared:

in that case I'm outta here.

suzy xx
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:39 pm
sunny coast

[QUOTE=suzy]
Originally Posted by jonni boy

:scared: :scared:

in that case I'm outta here.

suzy xx
still not opened it yet suzy
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:05 pm
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Bring back corporal punishment.

It's the lack of discipline and the fact that the kids know that there are Little or no repercussions to them if they cause trouble!?!

And what I think is the worst is that the bloody government are doing absolutely nothing about it.
I mean, what this b*ll*cks that you can only smack your kids if it does not leave a mark!?!
I remember growing up and getting the cane when I was naughty. I sure has hell never did what I originally did to get into trouble again.

And the lack of respect........aaaaagghhhhh dint get me started. If I never offered my seat to an older person I'd know about it!!!

The kids have changed this country for the worse. Most of the violence is caused by kids. I mean, what's this "happy slapping" all about.
Absolutely shocking!

Round them all up and send them all to brat camp.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

All of the above are the reasons we are going. Where I am in Essex, the county council has a policy of making developers build one social housing unit for every 18 privately sold houses built. Due to the scum that have moved into these eight places we don't go out, I cannot let my kids use the play area and I have effectively bought a £250k house on a bad council estate.

And never, ever defend yourself, your property or your kids, as the Police will be round, you'll be arrested and spend the rest of the day being lectured on these individuals' rights
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Graham67 is on a distinguished road

Yep Robos the whole country is in the same boat. Which is sinking. I live in on the West coast of Scotland where it is not safe for Pensioners or females to leave home after dark. Muggings, rapes and violence seems to be an everyday thing in British society. We even have joggers being mugged for their i-pods and mobile phones. You are not even safe in your own home anymore with an upturn in violent break-ins. Here after getting into your home the first thing they do is boil the Kettle. Guess I don't have to explain what homeowners come downstairs to. I'm not hanging around till this culture chaps on my door Myself , wife and 12 year old son are off asap to Perth. I know Oz has it's own problems but at least youngsters have respect for the older generation.
I believe that once someone illegally crosses the threshold of another persons door that they leave the law on the other side. Ie anything goes. I believe one British political party has this as part of their manifesto. Something needs to happen and soon.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:21 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I know how you feel. I recently started work in a secondary school in Greater Manchester - I think a war zone would be easier to control. The school is in special measures decided by OFSTED and I can see why. We have behaviour management (BM) to remove children from classes, most of which finally begin up to 35 minutes after they should due to the behaviour of children. BM regulary enter lessons up to three times before things settle.
I went into a Spanish class, the students all stood behind their desks and the teacher was disgusted by last weeks lesson that a supply teacher took. She said 'We have repaired the ceiling and I am disgusted that all the new books were thrown accross the room. The books also had compass dints in the new covers'.
My biggest worry is if this is what they do during the day, what on earth do they do at night?Where are the parents?
GET OUT WHILST YOU STILL CAN!!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:55 pm
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
GET OUT WHILST YOU STILL CAN!!!
Thats what we're all trying to do!!!

I'm an immigrant to this country, originally coming over from South Africa hoping to forge a new life for myself in a country where I could feel safe, not worrying about crime etc.
The way things are going now, teamed with the bad weather is why we're making the big move again. I just can't wait to get out!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:57 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
i personally think we are breeding a
"dont give a f**k about anyone" society in the UK
and again its only my opinion i believe that he heart of it lies at a total lack
of respect for your elders initiated when corporal punishment was banned
there is absolutely no discipline
young kids and i mean 8, 9 10 years old tell people to F**k off and get away with it
the teachers police and parents have had their hands tied by a liberalization of society

regards Steve
As a teacher at the moment, I can totally agree with this. The kids at school seem to have a growing lack of respect for ANYTHING, least of all their elders. They really don't seem to care about anything anymore - be it people, property, attitude or laws. The only thing they do seem to worry about is what ringtone they have on thier phone and where they are getting the money for the next top up from.

I've only been teaching for 3 years, but I've pretty much had enough of it here. My mother has been working in and around schools for the last 20 years, and every year she says "This is the worst year <insert year group number here> ever!" And this is in leafy Dorset, as far away as you could possibly get from the depravity and negative cultures of the cities. The attitude of the children really does have to be seen to be believed, and pretty much every day they seem to find new lows to stoop to to amaze me!

It appears to me that we are breeding an enourmous underclass of children who really don't care about anything or anybody, and as a result they are going to leave school with absolutely no skills or qualifications whatsoever, in which case the process will inevitably perpetuate.

Where will it all end?

S
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:01 pm
Gill Palmer

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hit the nail on the head with the 'kids having no respect for elders' comment. That's exactly how I felt the last few years in the UK. I had a lot of trouble with kids damaging my back fence and coming into my garden. I had it out with a parent who said something like "yeah, my car got scratched the other day but kids will be kids". I could have keeled over and turned up my toes at a comment like that. That sums it up for me.
Its worse than that, WM! I am heavily into sailing from the Hamble River, which is an internationally-known Yotting Mecca very close to Southampton. Where the kids leap into the river off a bridge and also off a public pontoon. The child might be bright blond when dry, but once in the muddy, filthy water, his scalp turns sludge-brown, matching the landscape and making the nipper invisible to anyone steering a yacht.

The mooring holders became so worried that we summoned the Hampshire Constabulary Marine Unit to a meeting, to discuss what (if anything) could be done to prevent one of us from accidentally killing or maiming a child. The cops said that short of never moving our boats, there is no solution. They said that they frequently go to the bridge and the pontoon to try to discuss the fears with the kids. The kids tell them, "Children Act! F*** Off!"

OK. We did our research. Another Harbour nearby has introduced a bye-law to prohibit children from swimming in dangerous spots. How about a similar bye-law for the Hamble? The Hamble is controlled by the Crown and the County Council between them, and the relevant Officials all enjoy a hobby called Golf. According to them, the bye-law that the boat-owners want would breach the Children Act and interfere with Human Rights. I said "Whose Human Rights?" Predictably, the answer was "Theirs, not yours."

No win. Sooner or later a child will be killed or seriously injured and an entirely innocent boat-owner will end up taking the rap for it. Political Correctness Gone Bloody Mad leads to anarchy, in my view!

Grrrr!

Gill

Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:39 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Was talking to my youngest before and believe it or not the catchphrase all the kids in his year like to use when being disciplined is
"go on then, you touch me and i will have you done"
When kids are saying that to teachers what hope do we have, he is 12 years old. Absolutely shocking what is going on? I really sympathise with teachers for having to work with a gun to thier heads!
Gary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.