Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feel Shocked & Justified!!!

Sorry, but just had to jump on the bandwagon! Totally agree with the state of this country. I regularly had a grief load of sh!t from an 11 year old whenever I was out. It was only when I threatened to knock ***** out of him that he stopped. I`m female, 5ft tall and he`s going on for 6ft, but it worked. He hasn`t said a dickybird since. I`m not into agro, but I also can`t be doing with the fact that you can`t go out without copping crap from a kid! I`ve since found out that he has been expelled from every secondary school in the area within his first year! I know shit exists everywhere, but this country is going to pot. I have two daughters that no longer play out because of this rough arses that hang about. Anyway, know that I`ve got that off my chest!!

Mrs Mashy
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:29 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Its terrible that you should have to endure that from anybody, let alone a kid, hes gonna make somebody a lovely husband one day eh! if he has his liberty to court anyone that is!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's a really sad state of affairs that things have got like this. Kids know their rights but not responsibilites. Despite living in a very nice village my daughter was bullied from the age of 4 when she started infant school to the age of 7 when she started Junior school. At the infants the parents of the ringleader told me to f. off on a regular basis and to watch my back as their precious darling never did anything. The kid admitted it at school but then denied it to her parents. the thing that amazed me most was that the ringleader's sidekicks came from very what most people would consider 'good homes' - one parent was a solicitor, the other ran their own company. the kids were regularly told they can do what they like and the solicitors kid even told ME one day that as she was under the age of criminal responsibility I couldn't do anything. That left me speechless for a day or so. Scum comes from every walk of life.

Good manners have to be taught at home and unfortunately they are not any more. Luckily the junior school had a new head at the same time my child started there and he said from the outset that he maintained zero tolerance for bullying and bad behaviour. Needless to say the parents of the scum complained.

My daughter now has a small but decent group of friends but my biggest fear is that she will be bullied in Australia.

Some comments in this thread have eased my worries a bit but I too will be glad if we get into Australia.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
Its terrible that you should have to endure that from anybody, let alone a kid, hes gonna make somebody a lovely husband one day eh! if he has his liberty to court anyone that is!!

with the court system the way it is
ie lets slap your hand you naughty boy
and massive over crowding in prisons
he will be at liberty :scared:

Last edited by steve`o; Feb 4th 2006 at 12:34 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:48 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suzy
I think it's a really sad state of affairs that things have got like this. Kids know their rights but not responsibilites. Despite living in a very nice village my daughter was bullied from the age of 4 when she started infant school to the age of 7 when she started Junior school. At the infants the parents of the ringleader told me to f. off on a regular basis and to watch my back as their precious darling never did anything. The kid admitted it at school but then denied it to her parents. the thing that amazed me most was that the ringleader's sidekicks came from very what most people would consider 'good homes' - one parent was a solicitor, the other ran their own company. the kids were regularly told they can do what they like and the solicitors kid even told ME one day that as she was under the age of criminal responsibility I couldn't do anything. That left me speechless for a day or so. Scum comes from every walk of life.

Good manners have to be taught at home and unfortunately they are not any more. Luckily the junior school had a new head at the same time my child started there and he said from the outset that he maintained zero tolerance for bullying and bad behaviour. Needless to say the parents of the scum complained.

My daughter now has a small but decent group of friends but my biggest fear is that she will be bullied in Australia.

Some comments in this thread have eased my worries a bit but I too will be glad if we get into Australia.
Couldn't agree with you more,lets get the f**k outa here common mr dimia

Last edited by sreeby; Feb 4th 2006 at 12:52 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just after the new year me and the wife and sprog went up to Sydney for a day trip. We got on the train and noticed it was a lot busier than usual and as we went further up the line the train got busier and busier. Turned out it was a sponsored walk for some charity or other - everyone meeting up somewhere up the line. Anyway - this family gets on the train and sits opposite us on the other side of the aisle - it being two teenage lads (about 15 years old) and mum and dad. The boys chat away to their parents about this and that and it amazed me and the missus so much that we commented on how two 15 year old brits would have behaved in the same circumstances. When the train reached the station at the start of the walk and everyone got off, I was amazed to see the number of children accompanying their parents - everyone jovial and chatting away. Does seem sometimes that we're breeding a nation of wankers over here in the UK ...

I can imagine the pro-UK brigade saying you get crap in Australia too, "what do you mean" - only the other day etc etc etc yadda yadda but seriously, compare apples with apples, and I really think the UK has a funny mentality. Australian kids are much better at talking to adults than British kids are. Its one of the first things you notice, actually. Forget academics. The worst kids anywhere will be bad, but it is noticeable that even the nicest areas seem to have problems.
I think England, especially in the SE, and in affluent areas if not much more, is breeding a 'wankers' - 'geezer' culture. Its almost like you have to be a bit hard, even the kids from reasonably good homes. It's all linked into soccer and the tribal/drinking culture that is unique to a lot of N European culture. I don't miss it one bit. It's been around for years - for us long as we can remember. I find Aussie society much less confrontational. Sure you get the occasional dickhead.

Yup you get all the problems in Sydney but that is racially divided, and deep rooted, not blokes out to he hard just because they fancy it and think the attitude makes them look cool. Granted, many will grow out of it. I notice that Aussie kids can be immature and amusing, but you know what, not once do I see them on street corners, or overtly aggressive on public transport even in ordinary areas. Ask an aussie kid a question and there's less backchat or a snide comment behind your back. People often say Aussies are laid back, well, generally the parents must be passing on these skills.

cheers

Last edited by thatsnotquiteright; Feb 4th 2006 at 12:54 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:03 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Its good to see that i am not alone in this, didnt think for one minute that i would be! But its a very bad reflection on society that most areas are more or less suffering from the same behaviour. Good to hear all of your opinions and a lot of sense is being talked, which is why i enjoy posting on here.
Gary.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:14 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Its good to see that i am not alone in this, didnt think for one minute that i would be! But its a very bad reflection on society that most areas are more or less suffering from the same behaviour. Good to hear all of your opinions and a lot of sense is being talked, which is why i enjoy posting on here.
Gary.
I totally agree. This country is goin to the dogs, which is one of the main reasons we want to leave. We have an 18 month old son and the thought of him growing up with these scumbags scares the shit out of me.

Theres no deterrent in schools anymore and the do good brigade say you cant discipline them. The kids are running riot and many of the parents let them so that they are out of their way.

Roll on Oz!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:24 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Does seem sometimes that we're breeding a nation of wankers over here in the UK ...
How eloquently put! No, seriously, that is bang on, couldn't have said it better myself!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:29 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Gary I have pm'd ya!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Gary.

one thing i think we ( that is the UK ) are particularly poor at is sorting out these problems
as you say (even with the small number of people that have replied) there's a common theme emerging
we all know about the problem but the authorities
seem unable to sort it

asbos not Worth the paper there on as the kids are proud of them its seen as a badge of merit in some parts

i truly despair
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steve`o
asbos not Worth the paper there on as the kids are proud of them its seen as a badge of merit in some parts

i truly despair

It's not ASBOs that are badges of honour.

In my daughter's school they get detention points for breaking rules - if they get 5 they get a detention. Unfortunately the scumbags tried to accumulate as many points as possible and then boast about it. The head got wise to this now and implemented instant detention at break - it took 5 days to sink in and for it to stop - funny that!!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Sorry first paragraph should have said Not JUST ASBOs.....
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:59 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
I can imagine the pro-UK brigade saying you get crap in Australia too, "what do you mean" - only the other day etc etc etc yadda yadda but seriously, compare apples with apples, and I really think the UK has a funny mentality. Australian kids are much better at talking to adults than British kids are. Its one of the first things you notice, actually. Forget academics. The worst kids anywhere will be bad, but it is noticeable that even the nicest areas seem to have problems.
I think England, especially in the SE, and in affluent areas if not much more, is breeding a 'wankers' - 'geezer' culture. Its almost like you have to be a bit hard, even the kids from reasonably good homes. It's all linked into soccer and the tribal/drinking culture that is unique to a lot of N European culture. I don't miss it one bit. It's been around for years - for us long as we can remember. I find Aussie society much less confrontational. Sure you get the occasional dickhead.

Yup you get all the problems in Sydney but that is racially divided, and deep rooted, not blokes out to he hard just because they fancy it and think the attitude makes them look cool. Granted, many will grow out of it. I notice that Aussie kids can be immature and amusing, but you know what, not once do I see them on street corners, or overtly aggressive on public transport even in ordinary areas. Ask an aussie kid a question and there's less backchat or a snide comment behind your back. People often say Aussies are laid back, well, generally the parents must be passing on these skills.

cheers
I've not got nearly as much experience of the country as you Badge, but I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm not deluded enough to think the place is some wanker-free zone, I've seen quite a few hoons reving up their V6 Holdens and playing (frankly embarassing cheesy pop) at high volume with the windows down - but they really aren't as confrontational as their British peers. I laughed the other night - load of gothy looking kids wandering up to the train station in Berry with their skateboards under their arms - my mum waiting in the car park with the radio on - happened to be The Who - I can see for miles and miles. Lead kid walks past the car - gives my mum the thumbs up and says 'nice music!'. And off they went. If that had been Letchworth where I was brought up they'd have clocked her one and nicked the car.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

mrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nice

Originally Posted by suzy
Sorry first paragraph should have said Not JUST ASBOs.....
its a shame but its true our country has gone to the dogs,i have boys of 8,12 and 14,i cant even let them go out further than our street incase they get caught up in some kind of trouble with the louts that hang around our village,these youngsters that hang about smoke,drink and take drugs,most of them are under 14! i always wonder where in the hell they get their money from for these things,my own boys tell me "mam their mums buy them the cigarretes", so what do we expect of these youngsters when their parents sound no hopers too?people say im too strict not allowing my sons to hang around the streets but on the other hand everyone tells me how lucky i should feel to have such good children!! i just hope that if and when we get to oz that youths are more respectful there and want to achieve something with their lives,a lot dont seem to understand theres a big world out there ready to be explored,mrs i. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.