Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feedback please , expats interim services

Feedback please , expats interim services

Old Jul 7th 2013, 12:39 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feedback please , expats interim services

Hi guys,
Please can I ask for some input?

We are lucky enough to live in a very stunning Hinterland home, 30 mins from Gold Coast and 40 mins from Brissie. We live on 248 acres with no neighbours but have 2 separate properties. We live very close to Mount Tamborine, so easy access to wineries and theme parks if you plan to relax a bit before seeking to rent or buy your 1st home. We have a 2 bedroom fully furnished home with livingroom/fully fuctioning kitchen, bathroom. This house has storage facility of 2 bay garage and lock up garage. We are the only ones that live on this plateau.

We are looking into if an expats service may me pheasable.
(We remember the 1st few weeks here with no accommodation or car. We came from Scotland 8 years ago)

We plan to offer:
1a). A pick up from Brissie Airport (or Coolengata)
1). Week by week rental on our 2nd house.
2). Hireable storage areas - one large, one car sized - fully lockable.(additional hire fee)
3). Delivery address to recieve and store early shipping arrivals.(additional hire fee)
4). Car for duration of stay with us - auto or manual.
5). In house wifi access or computer (additional hire fee)
5). Free Optus pre pay sim for all
6). GPS for navigation (additional hire fee)
7). 1 hour Meeting to help with contact, forms & support registering with
Medicare and other factual information.

Would you be interested in a service like this? What else could you require that we havn't covered What would you expect to pay weekly for a service like this ($ or pounds)? General comments welcome.

We know many of you will not want to be rural and that's why most go to Surfers and rent. But not sure if similar exists for those coming for serenity, other than the hotels BB's that charge $100 minimum a night. We were thinking $400-500 per week with car hire included.

Last edited by wholeworldwindow; Jul 7th 2013 at 12:46 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

ozcabs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feedback please , expats interim services

Hi mate, id probably try and drop a few (additional fee's), to me, that just sounded like the bill was growing, Id probaly just offer a flat fee, no additional expenses, but limit the length of stay, as you dont want people getting too comfortable.
Sounds good though, alot of people are scared of moving, especially if they have no where to go.

Fancy selling a few acres? haha
Old Jul 7th 2013, 1:31 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Perhaps I should have separated the list and put the storage service under Optional Extras.
I can include little things ( gps, computer) but the storage has to be separate as this could be a long storage time. If things arrive prior to arrival, that could be weeks befor they come and they may only stay 1 week.

As for selling a few acres......NOT A HOPE! Lol .....sorry.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine thought about and set up a similar business but there just was not much call for it. I don't think she ever had more than one or two clients.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

its a nice idea and i wish you well with it.

it would be something i would consider when getting started in oz.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 9:18 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it.
Interesting that you friend had no clients. I wonder why?
Was she rural or in Surfers?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it.
Interesting that you friend had no clients. I wonder why?
Was she rural or in Surfers?
She was in Perth.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:26 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in that area but If I were going there I think I would prefer to be in the city to get to know the area and see where the jobs are based and compare commuting times.

This is what we did for our moves to both Sydney and Melbourne. A short term rental in the city the removals/shippers stored our belongings which means we didn't have to mess about finding another set of removers and insurance.

We have always had a job to go to though, but I expect those seeking work would also prefer to be near the city.

sorry I'm not more helpful but that is why I would not use your service.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:01 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

"Thankyou, it was a lovely stay!"

"Our please Paddyo, did you enjoy the view?"

"Oh yes......stunning, great to wake up to."

"Fantastic, that'll be an Additional Fee"!!!!!

In jest of course but I would work out a flat rate and suck in the extras IF you need them. You will need to be competitive as you are out of the way and to people from the UK, as lovely as the GC Hinterland is, it may be too much of a geographic shock!! Asher made a good point that people will be coming here to migrate for jobs, and unless they are lumberjacks or bear hunters there ain't much where you live!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I love Canungra but can't help thinking it's too far out for organising things and getting set up. Even things like getting a meal out after 6pm might be a challenge. And it's very warm in summer - a shock for new arrivals, compared to nearer the coast.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it there - not been there since the Goat Track was washed away.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:19 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Feedback please , expats interim services

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
1a). A pick up from Airport
1). Week by week rental
3). Delivery address to recieve and store early shipping arrivals.
5). In house wifi access
7). unlimited advice to help with contact, forms & support registering with Medicare and other factual information.We were thinking $400-500 per week with car hire included.
We offer all the above for $450 per week (although our accommodation is a self-contained studio flat), plus servicing the flat, full service laundry, and we are 25kms from Melbourne CBD.

I agree that you should include everything in one fee. And don't forget about added value that costs you nothing but may benefit new arrivals. eg the odd lift to the station, a cooked meal with the family at least once etc etc.

BB
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hon, good to see you! Have to agree with others that you may be too far out for new arrivals who are looking to set up. You may remember we started in an apartment in Main Beach and ended up down near the border. The journey up and down the GCHighway every day was bad enough. If you had the time to manage it you might be better off having as a short/long term rental for people who were already here if that makes sense and not worrying about the car type aspects???