Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:14 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Originally Posted by bcworld
No. I have ordered twice, and each time I get this:

Dear bcworld

Unfortunately, your order (JDXXXXXXXX) has been cancelled.

Please check the details and resubmit.

I'm ordering stuff to be delivered to my address here, which is the same as for the credit card I am using.

I got riled up the last time and wrote them a sarky email asking what more they would like me to do to make an international order...never heard nuffink back so I don't even try now.
Ah so they're probably a waste of time. I'm struggling to make up a big enough Sports Direct order to justify their huge delivery charge so was thinking that JDSports might be a quick and easy alternative.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:18 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Ah so they're probably a waste of time. I'm struggling to make up a big enough Sports Direct order to justify their huge delivery charge so was thinking that JDSports might be a quick and easy alternative.
You can give it a shot, the worst that can happen is they do the same to you!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Looking at some of the prices of food items, why bother they look to be the same has here anyway?
Ok you might save on sports goods and other luxuries like soap
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:29 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

True. My son isn't desperate for new trainers so I'll get him to choose some tonight and we'll see what happens. I'll let you know the result.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:33 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
Looking at some of the prices of food items, why bother they look to be the same has here anyway?
I don't think anyone's talking about mail ordering their groceries!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:44 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

.......except perhaps bananas?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:46 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Wol
.......except perhaps bananas?
Now, we'll have none of the unaustralian bananas here thank you very much.

They're not nearly as expensive as they were after Larry anyway.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

I was because it's offered
Old Feb 28th 2011, 12:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>Now, we'll have none of the unaustralian bananas here thank you very much.<<

'course not - the Great Australian Public might realise what a nice banana should taste like! Same with apples etc.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:01 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
fanbloodytastic
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

why dont you do amazon for trainers
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

These are the exception obviously http://www.chewbz.com/Bananas.html
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Margaret3
why dont you do amazon for trainers
I've looked there but the shipping varies wildly.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked there but the shipping varies wildly.
Try eastbay in the US
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:34 am
Banned

We tried jdsports but my son couldn't find any there that he liked. We then had a look on galaxysports. The prices are pretty good so each son chose a pair. Two pairs of trainers + postage = £97 (Postage: £11.95 - same day despatch)

Let's see if we get them now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.