Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fast Track Passport after Ceremony

Fast Track Passport after Ceremony

Old Jan 10th 2018, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fast Track Passport after Ceremony

Well the day has finally come to attend my citizenship ceremony, after one missed date, many emails between DIBP which all did not help as not in the country.

I remember see a few posts of here from some people who fast tracked the passport and was looking for some guidance.

Off top of head, but believe they mention you have to wait around 10 days before you can apply for the passport, but remember @verystormy you did it the day after.

Been reviewing the passport application site, not in to much detail. Thus this post to give me a better idea on how to proceed.

My ceremony is on Friday 26th Jan, and leave AU on the 3rd Feb.

Wondering if possible to get it done during the week prior to leaving.

Any issues with leaving AU on my British passport?

A colleague in Canada, who is applying for passports for his kids said I could just get it done in Canada once I return, using the AU embassy in Ottawa. Not too sure about that.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 1:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Track Passport after Ceremony

It's very expensive to apply outside Australia. From memory Australian passports are the most expensive in the world if you make an application from abroad. Better to pay extra and have it fast tracked immediately after your ceremony.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

If you call your local passport office - there is one in all capital cities - they will make you an appointment to get issued a fast track passport. I got mine in less than 24 hours from ceremony. Ceremony was 6pm and had a passport by 2pm next day.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point

My best was 45 mionutes, but that was some years ago.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome thanks guys. Appreciated.

I will try to find the details of the local passport office in Melbourne and look to contact them after the ceremony on Friday for an appointment the early the following week.

@verystormy, question did you get all the paperwork printed and completed prior your appointment.

Assuming I need to also provide passport photos, countersigned on the back by the appropriate professions.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, had the photos and paperwork ready and took it all in with me on the morning. You also have to take the citizenship certificate and UK passport.

You will get a temp passport - it looks exactly the same, but apparently isn't and (think) it is only valid for a year, within which you have to send it back and they give you another new one.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by verystormy
Yep, had the photos and paperwork ready and took it all in with me on the morning. You also have to take the citizenship certificate and UK passport.

You will get a temp passport - it looks exactly the same, but apparently isn't and (think) it is only valid for a year, within which you have to send it back and they give you another new one.
thanks VS, appreciated. I posted this post mainly for your comments as remember reading about your situation but that was quite a while ago.