Face facts

Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Face facts

Originally Posted by lucyb
Thanks. They let every Tom, Dick and 'asylum' seeker into this country....I wish it was that easy to get onto Oz.

The asylum system is a joke in the UK, agreed.

Yet let us not sucumb to the Daily Mails campain of bigotry to all non British nationals.

Britain has a great reputation of immigration and tolerance, the present systen is being abused, no doubt. However we should not bow to bigoted right wing sensationalism peddled by retro tories wanting a return to the WASP Britain of the Fifties.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:54 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Hiya Lucy, May I firstly convey my feelings of sorrow to you, I have just read your thread on the DIMIA letter you recieved and I truely feel for you. I may not love OZ, but knew you really wanted to go there. The Aussies are bigger fools than I thought they are for not accepting you. Seriously sorry for you Lucy.

Anyway.. the mail, I hate it Peter Hitchins and the like just hanker for 1950s Britain when we all feared and respected religion, politicians etc. Then on the other hand we have the liberal elite of B.Liars New Labour who tax us to shite and are just as corrupt and guilty of cronyism as the Tories they replaced.

Personally I hate Bliar and Brown. Gordon has given the Uk high taxes, huge national and public debt and has manufactured a huge house price bubble which has created a polarised society of property have and have nots as first time buyers cannot enter the market.

Still... Its even worse in Australia, especially Sydney the house market compared to wages is stupid. Oz has a huge personal debt issue too, their economic problems mirror the UKs to a great deal.

But they have no decent pubs and the place is bloody dull!!

Good Luck Lucy
There is something wrong with our immigration system when we let in people like you who have probably decided they are going to hate Oz
even before they get there and are only half hearted in their decision to immigrate and as soon as they realise OZ is'nt perfect they pack up and go home, while people like LucyB who really want to immigrate to OZ can't get in

Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wombat42
There is something wrong with our immigration system when we let in people like you who have probably decided they are going to hate Oz
even before they get there and are only half hearted in their decision to immigrate and as soon as they realise OZ is'nt perfect they pack up and go home, while people like LucyB who really want to immigrate to OZ can't get in
Well I did not make my mind up whether I hated Oz on the flight from Heathrow. After 2 weeks I knew what I thought of oz. Good for a holiday definetely, but to live in? Was not going to happen, far too dull, bland, whatever you want to call a boring place.

You constantly paint the image of an Aussie who has never visited the UK, yet knows all the cliches outdated bull about Blighty?

Ever visited Britain? Probably never left your state of origin!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:14 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wombat42
In 20 years from now Britain will just be one small provence in the European
Union and no longer an idependant country and won't even have its own currency....
No, it won't! Everyone knows that the UK is already the 51st State.

(Although we'll have to fight pretty hard to make sure Australia doesn't become the 52nd :scared: )

Anya.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by anya4oz

(Although we'll have to fight pretty hard to make sure Australia doesn't become the 52nd :scared: )

Anya.
Anya you are so right about the UK, I think Ozz will not become the 52nd although it make become a canton of japan.

LOL
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thrud
, I think Ozz will not become the 52nd

LOL
Errm yeah OK and where does El Presi-poodle Howardo stand on this act of anti US sentiment?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Anya you are so right about the UK, I think Ozz will not become the 52nd although it make become a canton of japan.

LOL

Japan? surely China (said to be the world's super power within the next 20-30 years)
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Errm yeah OK and where does El Presi-poodle Howardo stand on this act of anti US sentiment?
Well my understanding is that Ozz has come to terms that whilst the USA is the largest ecenomic power on the globe the geography is against them and an alignment with the asiatic countries would be more beneficial froma trade standpoint, I belive this is the view of presi-poodle, I guess as the most easterly country that is basically white/european in ties etc it must be a tough balancing act.

Thrud
( at least it makes for excellent resturaunts)
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:15 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Japan? surely China (said to be the world's super power within the next 20-30 years)
At least the food will be good....

Anya.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Japan, China all the same when it comes to trade links, Korea etc.

And yes the food will be good.

Thrud
(ying tong ying tong yiddley I PO)
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

the food there is brilliant, and fresh, no BSE, no egg scares (thanks Edwina), no foot and mouth, you obviously haven’t thought this through.
Have you thought it through? Australia has it's very own set of agricultural/farming disasters; don't think it's exempt just because it doesn't have BSE and egg scares!
-------

Nice to see you back Kong! Keep 'em coming!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz

Anya.
What do you mean 'doesn't become'? Use the past tense, 'became', as in 'became a state of the US more than 50 years ago'.

Only NZ has ever had the balls to stand-up to the USA.

Last edited by MikeStanton; Nov 18th 2004 at 7:17 am.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:21 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
What do you mean 'doesn't become'? Use the past tense, 'became', as in 'became a state of the US more than 50 years ago'.

Only NZ has ever had the balls to stand-up to the USA.
Mike!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx to you too!!

See ya behind the forum bikesheds in 10 mins, darlin'....

Anya.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Britain used to be great, about twenty years ago..
You should fit in well in Oz; its attitudes are at least 20 years behind the UK. You'll especially sympathise with their treatment of asylum seekers.

Just try and ignore the blatant racism and the ever-widening gap between rich and poor. Still, you can always enjoy a BBQ or 100...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:50 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
You should fit in well in Oz; its attitudes are at least 20 years behind the UK. You'll especially sympathise with their treatment of asylum seekers.

Just try and ignore the blatant racism and the ever-widening gap between rich and poor. Still, you can always enjoy a BBQ or 100...
No illegal asylum seekers arriving in leaky boats for a couple of years now. Rather effective treatment it seems. Good for publicity.

But probably not as effective as the drowning of 353 asylum-seekers who stupidly boarded the SIEVX - which foundered shortly after leaving Indonesia.

Too impatient to take documentation, too impatient for UN assessment, too impatient for Australian assessment they burned down their accommodation and mutilated themselves. Who needs fools like that and why would you shelter them, especially if only to encourage more of the same.

Having said that, ~80% have, after a delay caused by their own lack of preparedness, by their impatience and by their criminal acts, now been granted asylum.

Thankfully, that delay seems to have deterred the impatient and foolhardy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.