Face facts

Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Face facts

Originally Posted by wombat42
In 20 years from now Britain will just be one small provence in the European
Union and no longer an idependant country and won't even have its own currency, all decisions regarding immigration,defence the economy etc will be made for you other countries probably France and Germany, while Australia will still be an independant country. If Australia is a third rate excuse for a country as you say then atleast we will still be a country not a small provence in a European state.
And that from a man living in Oz - a country that's been well-known as America's bitch since 1945. Although both UK and Oz were far too keen to jump in to Iraq, at least Britain had the guts to tell USA where to stick their Vietnam war.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
And that from a man living in Oz - a country that's been well-known as America's bitch since 1945. Although both UK and Oz were far too keen to jump in to Iraq, at least Britain had the guts to tell USA where to stick their Vietnam war.

So what you are saying is that Britain USED to have the guts, but now (as illustrated by Iraq and the loved up way in which Tony jumps to Dubya's every command) we don't. Surely this therefore illustrates a decline in control and independance, which potentially will only get worse...
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:40 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eatstatic
You truly are a fool.

Australia is not an independent country, the Queen of England is your head of state and you are ruled by her Governer General. Check your coins Wombat, you will see Lizzie beaming her mona lisa smile at you mate.

Therefore, by your calculations Australia will be ruled by those damned Frogs and Krauts by Proxy, namely by good old Blighty.

BTW, you had the chance to rid yourselves of Royal ascent 5 or so years back... just could'nt snip the colonial apron strings, good old Independent Australia!
The last Queen of England was Elizabeth I who never ruled Australia. Australia has been ruled by the Queen (or King) of Australia since the separation of the crowns last centuary. The fact that the Queen of the UK and the Queen of Australia are the same person is irrelevant. The Queen of Australia (nor the Queen of the UK) does not choose the Govenor General, he (or she) is chosen by the Australian Parlement. It is also the Govenor who gives Royal Assent; the Queen of Australia plays no part in this.

Finally, in terms of narrow-mindedness, you are what you claim to despise.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:45 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh should I reply to this or not, or leave the troll to themselves
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:50 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren

I can't summon up the enegy to reply to these Trolls these days. Its obvious they just try and provoke an argument from the outset. Although this one is a bit more objective than the others......LOL

Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:50 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Only because the UK was still sulking about the lack of US support in the Suez Crisis.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:51 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siren
I know what I would do if I had more time.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:56 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Ah, a kindred spirit. Good to see there are others that can see Oz for the parochial little outpost it really is.
Ah, a ménage à trois in a wombat hole ?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:41 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I can't summon up the enegy to reply to these Trolls these days. Its obvious they just try and provoke an argument from the outset. Although this one is a bit more objective than the others......LOL
Once you have got used to these trolls you learn to spot them and ignore them like you would the smelly kid at school. But it is a shame for the new members who haven't cottoned on and who may abandon this site. (I have seen posts on the adelaidebrits forum for example where people have complained about the "nasty" members on BE and thus don't like coming on here anymore)
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Good to see that the keeper of the outpost has spoken...
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:28 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Can someone please translate the above for me.

Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wombat42
Can someone please translate the above for me.
According to Babel Fish : "eternal triangle in a wombat hole has"
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

[QUOTE=worzel]Once you have got used to these trolls you learn to spot them and ignore them like you would the smelly kid at school.

Poor smelly kid !!!!! Its not his/her fault ( not that I was the smelly kid you understand or indeed have any kind of smelly complex)

Got go go now- its bath time !!

Nat ( not smelly )
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eatstatic
So 50% of poms want to move to OZ? Thats a scientific statistic , you will find that the POMs who wish to move there have never visited OZ. They are also likely to be Daily Mail readers who believe the drivel you have written about England.

So Britain is ALL polluted, congested, overcrowded and freezing? No of course it is not and you Wombat are a typical Aussie with a ridiculous idea of Britain.

London is pretty much as you described but so is Sydney and Melbourne. So Britain is freezing cold?? To an Aussie maybe, but I personally find the climate agreeable and the Aussie Summer months stifling and unpleasant.

BTW I travelled around most of Oz apart from WA and found the whole country to be rather backward, bland and suburban. Who cares about beaches and humid 40 degree days with 1000 flies and shit pubs. Give me the vibrant rat race of Blighty anyday. If any wannabee migrants wonder why I bemoan the Aussie people, just look at Wombats posts, these are the sort of worldly, enlightened people you are likely to encounter in Oz.
I am glad you like the weather in the UK, personally I find two weeks sunshine and 50 weeks of cold, wet windy, drizzle, sleet etc pretty crap, I guess the weather suits your personality.

Britain used to be great, about twenty years ago but years of crap successive governments have turned it into a shithole full of depressed grey people, I am sure Ozz has its own downside like everywhere in the world, but sure as shinola its one hell of a better place to be than the UK, I speak as someone who has eared a six figure salary, lived all over the UK and personally I don't like any of it.

Pubs, what the hell do you miss about pubs, not allowed to smoke in them, they all look like brewers fare or whatever the local chain is called, no atmosphere, cheap nasty food I wouldn't give my dog, its something I will not miss.

Indian restaurants, well Ozz is fill of them, the food there is brilliant, and fresh, no BSE, no egg scares (thanks Edwina), no foot and mouth, you obviously haven’t thought this through.

And you seem to miss the whole Ozz ethos, everyone is equal but don't bitch, how you got out in one piece I don't know you epitomise a whinging POM.

Oh yes and get stuffed.

Thrud
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thrud
I am glad you like the weather in the UK, personally I find two weeks sunshine and 50 weeks of cold, wet windy, drizzle, sleet etc pretty crap, I guess the weather suits your personality.

Britain used to be great, about twenty years ago but years of crap successive governments have turned it into a shithole full of depressed grey people, I am sure Ozz has its own downside like everywhere in the world, but sure as shinola its one hell of a better place to be than the UK, I speak as someone who has eared a six figure salary, lived all over the UK and personally I don't like any of it.

Pubs, what the hell do you miss about pubs, not allowed to smoke in them, they all look like brewers fare or whatever the local chain is called, no atmosphere, cheap nasty food I wouldn't give my dog, its something I will not miss.

Indian restaurants, well Ozz is fill of them, the food there is brilliant, and fresh, no BSE, no egg scares (thanks Edwina), no foot and mouth, you obviously haven’t thought this through.

And you seem to miss the whole Ozz ethos, everyone is equal but don't bitch, how you got out in one piece I don't know you epitomise a whinging POM.

Oh yes and get stuffed.

Thrud
Is this for real??

That is both the saddest and funniest rant I have read in ages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.