Face facts

Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Face facts

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Lets be honest for a moment Australia is a third rate excuse for a country, whose insecurity as a nation is so pathetic that its national pastime is POM bashing. My time spent there was a real eye opener and made me reflect on what made Britain so far superior.

After time spent in the paradise that is OZ
I really appreciate the following about Blighty (in no particular order)

A lot of intelligent people with a great sense of humour

Proper pubs with great beer and atmosphere

Superb supermarkets

Excellent Indian Restaurants

Proper chip shops

Great media especially Radio and TV

Cheap holidays to Europe

Fairly Liberal, open minded population (compared to OZ a million miles away)

Long light Summer evenings

Good working conditions (especially holiday/sick pay)

The beautiful villages and winding country roads

Camping in the Brecon Beacons

The realisation that to complain about something is not anti Strylian.

Being able to have a picnic in the park with a bottle of wine, without a copper telling me its illegal and I must pour it away!

Rush hour on the M25!!!

Cant have it all!! But on reflection the UK sure beats narrow minded, parochial, subarban boorish, racist OZ.
Pardon me for asking what are you doing on this site - unless of course you have recently changed your name from Queen/Kingofcats?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:57 pm
wombat42

You truly are a fool.

Australia is not an independent country, the Queen of England is your head of state and you are ruled by her Governer General. Check your coins Wombat, you will see Lizzie beaming her mona lisa smile at you mate.

Therefore, by your calculations Australia will be ruled by those damned Frogs and Krauts by Proxy, namely by good old Blighty.

BTW, you had the chance to rid yourselves of Royal ascent 5 or so years back... just could'nt snip the colonial apron strings, good old Independent Australia!
The Queen is only a symbolic head of state she has no power over Australia
and we will be getting rid of her soon when we hold another referendum for a republic. The last referendum was very close 50/50 ,it was mainly old people that voted to keep the queen , these people will die out soon so the next refendum will make Australia a republic.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 17th 2004 at 12:01 am.

Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

You truly are a fool.

Australia is not an independent country, the Queen of England is your head of state and you are ruled by her Governer General. Check your coins Wombat, you will see Lizzie beaming her mona lisa smile at you mate.

Therefore, by your calculations Australia will be ruled by those damned Frogs and Krauts by Proxy, namely by good old Blighty.

BTW, you had the chance to rid yourselves of Royal ascent 5 or so years back... just could'nt snip the colonial apron strings, good old Independent Australia!

I dont think this is a very fair picture - the monachy is only effectively a figurehead for the country - all decisions and changes which effect our daily lives are decided by the elected government and associated civil servants.

Australia has its own parliment who have the powers to make the changes that effect Australian people. Surely you don't believe that if the UK starts to use Euros, Australia will start to have to show the EU ring of stars on its money.

The discussion of royalty is futile as they essentially have no powers and are only kept as they offer a source or tourism. I suspect that if there were a referendum amongst UK citizens about keeping the Royal family as far greater percertage would want rid of them, that was voted against the monachy in OZ. What does that say about Britishness!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets be honest for a moment Australia is a third rate excuse for a country, whose insecurity as a nation is so pathetic that its national pastime is POM bashing. My time spent there was a real eye opener and made me reflect on what made Britain so far superior.
Og goodie another Kong to wind up the wannabes.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:19 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Quiet for too long Kong???!!!!!!

Donna.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:46 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wombat42
In 20 years from now Britain will just be one small provence in the European Union and no longer an idependant country and won't even have its own currency, all decisions regarding immigration,defence the economy etc will be made for you other countries probably France and Germany, while Australia will still be an independant country. If Australia is a third rate excuse for a country as you say then atleast we will still be a country not a small provence in a European state.
Wombat, suggest you attack the Original Poster. Britain may become subsumed in / by a Federated Europe - a bit like Federated Australia? While Britain may be over populated according to your taste, you might find it has many other endearing facets - some due to being densely populated. You don't have to live there to like them.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:29 am
wombat42

After time spent in the paradise that is OZ
I really appreciate the following about Blighty (in no particular order)

A lot of intelligent people with a great sense of humour

Proper pubs with great beer and atmosphere

Superb supermarkets

Excellent Indian Restaurants

Proper chip shops

Great media especially Radio and TV

Cheap holidays to Europe

Fairly Liberal, open minded population (compared to OZ a million miles away)

Long light Summer evenings

Good working conditions (especially holiday/sick pay)

The beautiful villages and winding country roads

Camping in the Brecon Beacons

The realisation that to complain about something is not anti Strylian.

Being able to have a picnic in the park with a bottle of wine, without a copper telling me its illegal and I must pour it away!

Rush hour on the M25!!!

Cant have it all!! But on reflection the UK sure beats narrow minded, parochial, subarban boorish, racist OZ.
Camping in the Brecon Beacons! sounds like great fun, l bet its freezing cold
takes hours in busy traffic to get there and when you do theres thousands of other people camping there at the same time. In OZ you can hop on a boat in the Whitsundays and choose a tropical Island to have all to youself to go
camping on for only $15 per night.
You say you have better Pubs, Supermarkets and Chip shops, we really are deprived down here in OZ.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 17th 2004 at 2:42 am.

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:41 am
Banned

Blub, blub, ...
takes hours in busy traffic to get there and when you do theres thousands of other people camping there at the same time. In OZ
you can hop on a boat in the Whitsundays and go camping on a tropical Island all to yourself for only $15 per night.
You say you have better Pubs, Supermarkets and Chip shops, we really are deprived down here in OZ.
Beginning to think you'd make an interesting couple.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:43 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Beginning to think you'd make an interesting couple.
How romantic.......
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

takes hours in busy traffic to get there and when you do theres thousands of other people camping there at the same time. In OZ
you can hop on a boat in the Whitsundays and go camping on a tropical Island all to yourself for only $15 per night.
Have you ever tried driving out of Sydney on a long weekend? The whitsundays is 3 days drive away!! Great place to go but from Britain you can go sailing in the Greek islands without being struck by a cyclone.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

BTW I travelled around most of Oz apart from WA and found the whole country to be rather backward, bland and suburban. Who cares about beaches and humid 40 degree days with 1000 flies and shit pubs. Give me the vibrant rat race of Blighty anyday. [QUOTE]

Eatstatic, if beaches, 40 degrees and suburbia aren't your thing, why did you come to Australia? It's not particularly renowned as a "vibrant rat race culture".
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bondipom
Have you ever tried driving out of Sydney on a long weekend? The whitsundays is 3 days drive away!! Great place to go but from Britain you can go sailing in the Greek islands without being struck by a cyclone.
... if you like fair weather sailing. Many a ship has foundered in the dangerous waters of the Aegean, especially in winter.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Camping in the Brecon Beacons! sounds like great fun, l bet its freezing cold and theres thousands of other people camping there at the same time. In OZ
you really are as bad as the person you are arguing with. I hardly think you'll ever see thousands of people camping on the Brecon Beacons.. lol - it's it's not the ruddy packed se of England . They don't train the army there for nothing you know, or hold rallies there because of the thousands of people lol . Have you ever been there? well if you haven't I suggest you try and get lost up them, like lots of the other dull tourists who do.. only the Welsh won't send the rescue team out looking for you.

Have you in fact ever been to some of the glorious countryside, mountains and coastline of many parts of the UK.Or do get your visions from London, Birmingham, Blackpool etc etc.

sheesh.

why do have this constant need to put down the UK in nearly all of your posts? You really do not do any justice for real Australians. Is it because you are actually a whinging little Pom yourself? I've asked this question before and you never did say.. where were you born Wombat? did you emigrate here with your parents?

I can't be bothered.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

So 50% of poms want to move to OZ? Thats a scientific statistic , you will find that the POMs who wish to move there have never visited OZ. They are also likely to be Daily Mail readers who believe the drivel you have written about England.

So Britain is ALL polluted, congested, overcrowded and freezing? No of course it is not and you Wombat are a typical Aussie with a ridiculous idea of Britain.

London is pretty much as you described but so is Sydney and Melbourne. So Britain is freezing cold?? To an Aussie maybe, but I personally find the climate agreeable and the Aussie Summer months stifling and unpleasant.

BTW I travelled around most of Oz apart from WA and found the whole country to be rather backward, bland and suburban. Who cares about beaches and humid 40 degree days with 1000 flies and shit pubs. Give me the vibrant rat race of Blighty anyday. If any wannabee migrants wonder why I bemoan the Aussie people, just look at Wombats posts, these are the sort of worldly, enlightened people you are likely to encounter in Oz.
Ah, a kindred spirit. Good to see there are others that can see Oz for the parochial little outpost it really is.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Brecon Beacons, lovely place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.