FA Cup

Old May 21st 2005, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FA Cup

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

(supporters of both teams that have been around more than 15 years can ignore that last comment)

Hello!!!

Started supported Arsenal in 1977, when I was but a kid, in the days of Terry Neil, Liam Brady, Frank Stapelton, Pat Jennings, Pat Rice, Sammy Nelson, David O'Leary etc.. Ahh remember the 1979 cup final between Arsenal and ManU, Arsenal 2-0 up and cruising, ManU came back to 2-2. Alan Sunderland scoring in the last minutes, what a final!!

I choose to forget the 1978 and 1980 finals.

They were basically the London Irish team at the time, so being in Norn Iron, I supported them, and have done ever since.

So yes, I am excited about the match, an added interest is the MIL is a ManU fan, so I NEED Arsenal to win.

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; May 21st 2005 at 12:15 pm. Reason: Correcting my foggy memory on player names
Old May 21st 2005, 12:03 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hello!!!

JTL
It's one of the few happy ones I have
Old May 21st 2005, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
It's one of the few happy ones I have

Bloody Trevor Brooking toe poke

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!!!

Started supported Arsenal in 1977, when I was but a kid, in the days of Terry Neil, Liam Brady, Frank Stapelton, Pat Jennings, Sammy Neill, David O'Leary etc.. Ahh remember the 1979 cup final between Arsenal and ManU, Arsenal 2-0 up and cruising, ManU came back to 2-2. Alan Sunderland scoring in the last minutes, what a final!!

They were basically the London Irish team at the time, so being in Norn Iron, I supported them, and have done ever since.

So yes, I am excited about the match, an added interest is the MIL is a ManU fan, so I NEED Arsenal to win.

JTL
I've got to admit, I did enjoy watching Arsenal, In the "good old Arsenal" (however that song went) days, When Arsenal got that double, way back when, the pride was felt across the whole of London, such was the divide between the north and the south, in football at that time.

I actually, before I even went to a game, started to support Arsenal, then those around me, drummed it into me, that I was a south Londoner, so the choice for me, being from Brockley, was Millwall or Palace, Me ole man, wouldn't let me go to Millwall, Said they were nutters, (this is back in the 60's, I'm older than i Look 'specially on here lol)

I Love roller coasters, so I'm happy with my team

So, tonight, Come on Arsenal, The south, Cantona and kung fu kicks and all that
Old May 21st 2005, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got to admit, I did enjoy watching Arsenal, In the "good old Arsenal" (however that song went) days, When Arsenal got that double, way back when, the pride was felt across the whole of London, such was the divide between the north and the south, in football at that time.

I actually, before I even went to a game, started to support Arsenal, then those around me, drummed it into me, that I was a south Londoner, so the choice for me, being from Brockley, was Millwall or Palace, Me ole man, wouldn't let me go to Millwall, Said they were nutters, (this is back in the 60's, I'm older than i Look 'specially on here lol)

I Love roller coasters, so I'm happy with my team

So, tonight, Come on Arsenal, The south, Cantona and kung fu kicks and all that

Im sorry Ozzie but I am only a recent suporter (about 5 years) but i didnt jump on any bandwagon. in fact, i didnt really know what league or anything arsenal were in at first but we owned a pub up until recently and so footie was on all the time and i watched and i simply liked what i saw. i thought (still do) arsenal were just pure class and not like any other team (cant explain it really). i was hooked and i still am. if i wanted to jump on bandwagon i would have suported Man U same as rest the bloody pub!! take the pi** if you want - i couldnt care less!!! i will be screaming in my husbands ear this afternoon and praying to God we win.
Old May 21st 2005, 12:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Im sorry Ozzie but I am only a recent suporter (about 5 years) but i didnt jump on any bandwagon. in fact, i didnt really know what league or anything arsenal were in at first but we owned a pub up until recently and so footie was on all the time and i watched and i simply liked what i saw. i thought (still do) arsenal were just pure class and not like any other team (cant explain it really). i was hooked and i still am. if i wanted to jump on bandwagon i would have suported Man U same as rest the bloody pub!! take the pi** if you want - i couldnt care less!!! i will be screaming in my husbands ear this afternoon and praying to God we win.

Bloody glory hunter
Old May 21st 2005, 12:44 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best pop down the offy and get a few of these in
Old May 21st 2005, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bridiej
Come on United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best pop down the offy and get a few of these in
Ahh yes, Kent.... therefore Man U

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Your excused rooksie However I will add, that my roller coaster, has indeed taken me on rides to Plymouth, close by to you, I mean I actually went there, and Torquay, (alas I never went to torquay) Along with old trafford, and of course highbury, the latter two, I've been to at least 3 occassions.
Old May 21st 2005, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Your excused rooksie However I will add, that my roller coaster, has indeed taken me on rides to Plymouth, close by to you, I mean I actually went there, and Torquay, (alas I never went to torquay) Along with old trafford, and of course highbury, the latter two, I've been to at least 3 occassions.

i have to confess i am an armchair supporter BUT i plan to rectify that before i leave UK . life would be easier if i supported torquay united i guess!! hmmm rain check
Old May 21st 2005, 1:33 pm

i have to confess i am an armchair supporter BUT i plan to rectify that before i leave UK . life would be easier if i supported torquay united i guess!! hmmm rain check
Woo Hoo the guys got my ticket a complete stranger gave me his season ticket number and it arrived at his house today will pick it up monday
Old May 21st 2005, 1:49 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh remember the 1979 cup final between Arsenal and ManU, Arsenal 2-0 up and cruising, ManU came back to 2-2. Alan Sunderland scoring in the last minutes, what a final!!
I remember this game all too well. I was the only Utd supporter (very young too) in a room full of that other teams fans (5 of em in all) and a Chelsea tw@t, I went mental when they equalised. Only to be quashed at the end of the match ............ gutted!

It was an excellent time though and a good memory that I will always have.......even though we lost.

I am sure United will do it today though.

R.
Old May 21st 2005, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Those of you watching with settop boxes in Aussie, try out channel sbs epg, they are stuck on rooney, I accidently switched it onto that channel just now, and was swearing my head off, until I realised that SBS1 had normal coverage.

Ahhh the wonders of modern technology.
Old May 21st 2005, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Carruss
I remember this game all too well. I was the only Utd supporter (very young too) in a room full of that other teams fans (5 of em in all) and a Chelsea tw@t, I went mental when they equalised. Only to be quashed at the end of the match ............ gutted!

It was an excellent time though and a good memory that I will always have.......even though we lost.

I am sure United will do it today though.

R.
Me and my friend were kids at the time, and after Arsenal won, we ran down the local street waving our Arsenal scarves and shouting. I remember lots of people looking at us (it was a boring suburban street!). It was such a rollercoaster.

This match has been quite tame so far in comparison, or maybe you just feel the emotions more when you are younger.

JTL
Old May 21st 2005, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you watch tv on your comp as well JTL ?

I've also got bloody subtitles switched on, which is dead annoying, and the damn batteries have gone flat on the settop box "remote control", with no menu button on the settop dammmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt !!!!!!!

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 21st 2005 at 2:26 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.