Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

extra insurance cover

extra insurance cover

Old Jul 6th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default extra insurance cover

i have been here 5 weeks now and i still not got ambulance cover etc,i have been getting mixed replies on should and should not private health etc,im allowed upto a year where if i dont take it by then i pay 2% on top for each year over 31 so thats could to be a lot for me.
I have a wife and 11 month old girl and myself so for now am just looking to get extras for now,and down the line add hospital cover.As by then i will know maybe what i earn and i believe its worth having due to tax reasons but for now i just looking for extras.
Problem is looking at the many policys and there are many its hard to pick one,are they worth it,or would ambulance cover be enough and just stick money away each month for things like this.
Is there a policy where its very good on dental,i think most are after that sort of policy but maybe there is not one that pays well to dental work as i dont think much of the other extras they offer.
Also like my girl do kids get covered by school or due to there age etc and if so what age up,meaning no charges to them or are they also charged just like us.
I sure need to get at least ambulance cover,if i dont take extras as would not like to pay the fee for it not having it.
Also as there is a waiting period for some stuff on these extras policy,if say a years time i wanted to get hospital cover can that be added to the policy and not have to start over again
Old Jul 6th 2013, 5:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: extra insurance cover

Originally Posted by brian.w
i have been here 5 weeks now and i still not got ambulance cover etc,i have been getting mixed replies on should and should not private health etc,im allowed upto a year where if i dont take it by then i pay 2% on top for each year over 31 so thats could to be a lot for me.
I have a wife and 11 month old girl and myself so for now am just looking to get extras for now,and down the line add hospital cover.As by then i will know maybe what i earn and i believe its worth having due to tax reasons but for now i just looking for extras.
Problem is looking at the many policys and there are many its hard to pick one,are they worth it,or would ambulance cover be enough and just stick money away each month for things like this.
Is there a policy where its very good on dental,i think most are after that sort of policy but maybe there is not one that pays well to dental work as i dont think much of the other extras they offer.
Also like my girl do kids get covered by school or due to there age etc and if so what age up,meaning no charges to them or are they also charged just like us.
I sure need to get at least ambulance cover,if i dont take extras as would not like to pay the fee for it not having it.
Also as there is a waiting period for some stuff on these extras policy,if say a years time i wanted to get hospital cover can that be added to the policy and not have to start over again
One thing you need to clarify to start with, are you in WA? Each State is different with regards to ambulance cover, so it would be good to know for sure where you are.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
One thing you need to clarify to start with, are you in WA? Each State is different with regards to ambulance cover, so it would be good to know for sure where you are.
Yes wa
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not much replies here then,i found something the other day called smile.com.au is this worth having
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
Not much replies here then,i found something the other day called smile.com.au is this worth having
There are a lot of recent threads on private healthcare, try reading some of those. I can't afford it so can't help!