expensive

Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: expensive

Originally Posted by northernbird
Food is most definitely not cheaper here. I have just returned from Woolworths and a weeks shopping has just cost me $445. I do have MIL arriving Sunday so I have probably bought a few extras that I wouldn't normally have bought but is still expensive as hell.
How much Did you buy everything they had?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:05 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Food is most definitely not cheaper here. I have just returned from Woolworths and a weeks shopping has just cost me $445. I do have MIL arriving Sunday so I have probably bought a few extras that I wouldn't normally have bought but is still expensive as hell.
Those cyanide tablets are a bit exxy aren't they?

Try getting her to play with toys made in China, has the same effect but cheaper.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
as is eating out (we can eat out in our local town for under $50 and for less than $70 you can get some real;ly flash places - and .
Is that per head?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:07 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
We use www.homefreshorganics.com.au (who would have thought it, greengrocers with websites). They do fruit and veg boxes, either organic or conventional, and if you order over the phone there's no delivery charge. The good thing about it is we use everything, nothing gets chucked out.
I like the look of that.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

I seriously think that people get so caught up with money and materialistic stuff, everything that we wanted to get away from. We are living on a v tight budget, we have bout half the weekly income that we had back across, and that wasn't a great starting point BTW. We have a nice rental, food on the table n are happier than we've ever been. Parks are free, beaches are free, sunshine is free, (so is all the rain!!) I cannot believe the kinda money that people are talking bout spending on food pw, we're $150pw at most!! The priorities should surely be bout quality of life n not being caught up with all the negative comparisons!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandyp
I seriously think that people get so caught up with money and materialistic stuff, everything that we wanted to get away from. We are living on a v tight budget, we have bout half the weekly income that we had back across, and that wasn't a great starting point BTW. We have a nice rental, food on the table n are happier than we've ever been. Parks are free, beaches are free, sunshine is free, (so is all the rain!!) I cannot believe the kinda money that people are talking bout spending on food pw, we're $150pw at most!! The priorities should surely be bout quality of life n not being caught up with all the negative comparisons!!

Cheers
Mandy
Different strokes for different folks.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

coke is expensive - $250 - $300 a gram
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
my thoughts exactly. I spend $250 a fortnight on everyday things and about $150 a month approx on meat. Mind you I absolutely loathe food shopping so I only do it when the cupboard is bare. Oha nd we are a family of 5.

As I said in my previous post, the time the exchange rate matters is the when you transfer your money over, after that everything is the same price in Australia, a lettuce at $2 will cost you that wether the exchange rate is 2.80 or 2.10 once you are here it doesn't matter. Of course if you can afford to send lots of money back and wait for the rates to go up you could make a killing.

Jo
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandyp
The priorities should surely be bout quality of life n not being caught up with all the negative comparisons!!
But for many, money worries impair quality of life.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe how much some people are spending on food! We are a couple with no kids, but we spend about £40 per week on food maximum. A lot less if we have to. Though we never use supermarkets or by anything pre made and buy what is in season. My OH cooks during the week and on a weekend i will have a big cooking session (which i love) making stocks and soups and things for the week ahead.
I also think that those lucky enough to be in Oz dont appreciate how expensive the UK is. The reality is the housing is a LOT more expensive, fuel is a lot more and things like restraunts are very expensive here. For example we dont have many really nice restraunts in the city, but a average chain type place isnt going to leave much change from £100 for two without wine. Having been looking at restraunts on line in Sydney, that is a lot more for a lot les quality
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:12 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

What do you people eat? My shopping is $125 a week (that is watching it though). I find it much cheaper to buy meat from the butchers, fruit from the fruiterers etc and just the tins and basics from Woolies.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:15 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
my thoughts exactly. I spend $250 a fortnight on everyday things and about $150 a month approx on meat. Mind you I absolutely loathe food shopping so I only do it when the cupboard is bare. Oha nd we are a family of 5.

As I said in my previous post, the time the exchange rate matters is the when you transfer your money over, after that everything is the same price in Australia, a lettuce at $2 will cost you that wether the exchange rate is 2.80 or 2.10 once you are here it doesn't matter. Of course if you can afford to send lots of money back and wait for the rates to go up you could make a killing.

Jo
Bergen bread on special last night - $4.18 a loaf!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It is a lot and I know I am in for a bollocking for Mr NB when he gets home as I always go mad when we have visitors. I don't take any other trips to the shops in the week though either. The fridge freezer outside is full of bread, rolls, milk etc that will last me the week.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:20 am
A rather curious boy

It is a lot and I know I am in for a bollocking for Mr NB when he gets home as I always go mad when we have visitors. I don't take any other trips to the shops in the week though either. The fridge freezer outside is full of bread, rolls, milk etc that will last me the week.
If you are ever short, you could start dealing that Bergen at $60 a gram!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
If you are ever short, you could start dealing that Bergen at $60 a gram!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.