Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchanging Sterling to Aus$

Exchanging Sterling to Aus$

Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:10 am
Just Joined

1pds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exchanging Sterling to Aus$

I need to transfer about A$10,000 from the UK. Is it cheaper to withdraw it from cash machines in Melbourne in small amounts from my UK Nationwide Account or to send it from Nationwide to my Australian HSBC account via SWIFT?

My first post - apologies if it's in the wrong place!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:20 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchanging Sterling to Aus$

Hi,

Welcome to the site. I've moved your thread into the Aus forum for you and also copied it to our International Currency Exchange Vendor forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us, and please give me a shout if you have any questions about how any of the site bits and bobs work.

Sue