Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Old Dec 17th 2014, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate AUD Vs GBP £1 buys $1.83

Originally Posted by bcworld
I thought maybe it was supposed to the blooming Australian dollar!
I'm flying in a couple weeks. I'm leaving the Aussie bank cards behind.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

I have never been here when it was so low against the pound. When I entered it was around 1.45
Old Dec 18th 2014, 12:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab

I have never been here when it was so low against the pound. When I entered it was around 1.45
We all have our own reference points

When we moved it was sitting at 2.40-2.50 (a few years before it had been around 3)

That will always be my reference point
Old Dec 19th 2014, 8:13 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

A few months ago I ave moved all my super to international securities (mostly US shares).
Old Dec 20th 2014, 12:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
A few months ago I ave moved all my super to international securities (mostly US shares).
Fark, good luck with that.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 12:07 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Fark, good luck with that.
well so far it has returned much more than the asx index. s&p 500 is doing very well, then you have the currency appreciation.

i keep a close eye on these stuff and it's easy to re-allocate.

especially when the US Feds do something sneaky.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Cheaper mortgage payments, rates down, and spends in the UK 1.96580

Anyone think 2.5 is possible.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Recently sold our house in the UK

Watching currency very closely atm, wondering when to switch ???
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Recently sold our house in the UK

Watching currency very closely atm, wondering when to switch ???
BBC NEWS | Business | Market Data | Currencies | Sterling GBP v Aus Dollar AUD

1.95540 today, its only getting better for you. I would wait, I have never seen it this high.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

$1.99!
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
$1.99!
Yep reckon we will see 2.1 this year. I have never been in Australia and the rate was above 2.07.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Just hit $2!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

It's extraordinary how oblivious your average Aussie is to this 'benign collapse' in their currency.

Yes, the AUD has been overvalued for several years, yes the falling oil price helps to insulate from inflation, but for a currency to lose 30-odd percent of its value in such a short space of time would normally be an extremely worrying sign (cue 'Pound in your pocket' and 'Crisis, what crisis?' headlines in a grown-up country like the UK).

I get the impression that most Ockers are just happy to keep watching The Block, discussing 'major political issues' which would barely rate a mention in most British parish newsletters, and know that their beloved house prices have ticked up another couple of percent (in Aussie toilet-paper dollars, that is!).

Last edited by DC10; Feb 13th 2015 at 1:36 am.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

I would call this more a return to normality
Old Feb 13th 2015, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
Yep reckon we will see 2.1 this year. I have never been in Australia and the rate was above 2.07.
Us old timers can remember 32p, couldn't afford to go on holiday back home and the chant at the cricket was ' Three aussie dollars to one British pound, doo dah, doo dah'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.