exchange rate

Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice
Default exchange rate

exchange rate today (hifx) $ 2.12 - £ :curse::curse:
whats going on???
anyone worried?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: exchange rate

Originally Posted by timmins family
whats going on???
anyone worried?

Is the pope catholic?! There have been multiple threads on here filled with anguish!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:54 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

whats going on???
anyone worried?
i couldnt be happier. just changed my dollars into pounds for my holidays.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

to youngy! $2.10 on ozforex earlier....
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

The currency gained for a fourth day against the U.S. dollar and advanced to the strongest level versus the British pound since 1997. Reserve Bank of Australia policy makers discussed a larger shift in rates when they raised borrowing costs by 25 basis points this month, minutes of the meeting showed. Yields on two-year government notes climbed to an eight- year high.

``Australia's dollar is the strongest currency now,'' said Joseph Kraft, head of capital markets in Japan at Dresdner Kleinwort, the investment bank owned by Germany's Allianz SE. ``While other central banks are considering cutting rates, the RBA is the only central bank among major economies to head for rate hikes.''
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:08 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

Browns mismangement coming home to roost now !! + OZ economy strong + US economy weak.

Depressing

Dave
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:53 am
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

I am planning on moving back to OZ in June and while I don't have a massive sum to transfer it is still frustrating given that since I have been in the UK (3 years) it has been around the $2.35-$2.45 mark. I feel sorry for people who have sold their houses and taking the cash to OZ!

I have just opened a savings account in anticipation that I will be leaving my hard earnt cash here until there is an improvement.

Mind you now is as good a time as ever to visit the UK!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em
I am planning on moving back to OZ in June and while I don't have a massive sum to transfer it is still frustrating given that since I have been in the UK (3 years) it has been around the $2.35-$2.45 mark. I feel sorry for people who have sold their houses and taking the cash to OZ!

I have just opened a savings account in anticipation that I will be leaving my hard earnt cash here until there is an improvement.

I know what you mean, the exchage rate was AUD 3 to the GBP shortly after I arrived, of course right at the time I was spending aussie dollars in the UK! :curse:
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em

Why would you want to save in the UK? Here you get 7% on term deposits. What do you get in the UK? The trend is your friend and the trend is down.

Mike.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

We are going to be exchanging the funds from our house sale late next month.

Cant see it improving much in 4 weeks.

We travel mid april, so will be keeping a close eye on the rate. May leave most of the money here, until it improves????

We need to think about this one hard.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kkwall36
We are going to be exchanging the funds from our house sale late next month.

Cant see it improving much in 4 weeks.

We travel mid april, so will be keeping a close eye on the rate. May leave most of the money here, until it improves????

We need to think about this one hard.
Hi yes we fly on 15th April to Melbourne. Giving up great job and free house (provided by employer). We have two kids and now the dreaded exchange rate has gone through the floor we are so scared for our finacial security. we will lose so much on exchange at the moment. Am in a total panic. We will leave our money here I think and just live off month by month and hopefully get a job and live off that leave our cash in savings until we can bear the exchange rate.

Where are you going? Do you have a job to go to?

Cheryl
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

Well its half a dozen of one and half of another if of course
you can sit it out and not exchange But i guess its to some people its not an option With the base lending
rate close to 10 per cent in AU :which is the main reason
The aussie is so high and due to lower rates in the uk property
prices are climbing Which is lining peoples pockets in the uk and not as much in AU I think the aussie economy with high inflation
and a robust economy is not immune to the credit crunch as ANZ
example which took a shot to the side yesterday ,everything is
global today and to think the RBA think there imune to the problems
a lot of other economys are having is naive

This is only an opinion and not for disecting with fine tooth comb
as i have just exchanged a small ammount with forex :curse:
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:02 pm
Banned

fedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nice

whats going on???
anyone worried?
Basically the UK currency is crap because the UK is crap.
What do you expect with a bunch of Scots running the show.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:01 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi yes we fly on 15th April to Melbourne. Giving up great job and free house (provided by employer). We have two kids and now the dreaded exchange rate has gone through the floor we are so scared for our finacial security. we will lose so much on exchange at the moment. Am in a total panic. We will leave our money here I think and just live off month by month and hopefully get a job and live off that leave our cash in savings until we can bear the exchange rate.

Where are you going? Do you have a job to go to?

Cheryl
how can you loose what you have never had? until you lock in an exchange rate you have not lost anything.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

lyndamiller22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't blame all your frustrations on Scotland.
What a stupid statement!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.