Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EVL or Anglo Pacific

EVL or Anglo Pacific

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:17 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default EVL or Anglo Pacific

Hi All.
Can anyone tell me if they have used either EVL or Anglo Pacific in their move? If so would you recommend either of them?

My head is battered with all this removal stuff
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EVL or Anglo Pacific

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All.
Can anyone tell me if they have used either EVL or Anglo Pacific in their move? If so would you recommend either of them?

I suggest you do a quick search on the name(s).........
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:16 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I suggest you do a quick search on the name(s).........

Contrary to some opinions, I used Anglo Pacific last year and they were superb.

Strange but true !
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:15 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben

Strange but true !
So did I, (5 years ago) and they were fantastic.
Since then I've recommended them to at least 15 people who've all used them, and they all thought they were fantastic as well.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:01 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scossie
So did I, (5 years ago) and they were fantastic.
Since then I've recommended them to at least 15 people who've all used them, and they all thought they were fantastic as well.

Fab!
Thanks a lot
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

sara1981 has a spectacular aura aboutsara1981 has a spectacular aura aboutsara1981 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Brisben

Strange but true !
thanks for this reassurance! i've decided to use anglo pacific too, we're going in 6 weeks, but there's plenty of posts on this forum saying how bad they are which had me worried! They were the first quote we got, guy on phone immediately put me at ease and very professional and friendly, phoned some others who just told me to go online for a quote, not at all helpful! and then when i did try to get online quotes from other companies no-one replied to me!!! so i thought i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt so fingers crossed!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sara1981
thanks for this reassurance! i've decided to use anglo pacific too, we're going in 6 weeks, but there's plenty of posts on this forum saying how bad they are which had me worried! They were the first quote we got, guy on phone immediately put me at ease and very professional and friendly, phoned some others who just told me to go online for a quote, not at all helpful! and then when i did try to get online quotes from other companies no-one replied to me!!! so i thought i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt so fingers crossed!
what about Doree Bonners or John Masons, both get good reviews
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

sara1981 has a spectacular aura aboutsara1981 has a spectacular aura aboutsara1981 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
what about Doree Bonners or John Masons, both get good reviews
yeah i've read on here they're good but when i asked for quotes no-one got back to me so they didn't really want my business then i guess!

never mind, it's all booked now with anglo, as i said fingers crossed!!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

i just wonder how much it is costing you? i know there are lots of post on here about costs but as you have just booked i didnt think you would mind! have you gots lots of stuff?
we just brought a new sofa today, 1 year and 10 months before we go so its not to new for them to niggle us about
Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

surf n turf is an unknown quantity at this point

Never heard of EVL, Anglo sent nice paperwork. The lady John Masons offered to show us round their place anytime we wanted to come, might take them up on it. At least I'll get a coffee.

We got a BM that is 4 yearold BM does anyone know, is it really worth taking...can't ask my cousin he knows nuffin bout cars!!

Thks
Thel
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sormesher
i just wonder how much it is costing you? i know there are lots of post on here about costs but as you have just booked i didnt think you would mind! have you gots lots of stuff?
we just brought a new sofa today, 1 year and 10 months before we go so its not to new for them to niggle us about
i don't mind at all, we've been quoted by anglo approx £1600 to ship our stuff which is for approx 300 cubic feet volume of stuff. but that was an over the phone quote so we expect it to vary from that once everything's all packed up. i basically went room by room and told the guy what was going from each room and he calculated an estimate from that, he added a bit onto everything i said though to err on the side of caution!

to give you an idea, it's just the two of us and our cat moving from a two bed flat however we're not taking that much furniture with us, most of it will be boxes of books, cds, clothes, kitchenware, bedding and towels as well as all the random bits and bobs! have decided not to take fridge and washing machine even though they're not yet two years old just because they'll be two years old by the time we actually get them back and we'd rather just buy new when we get there. only furniture we're taking is a big 3 seater sofa and a four seater dining table and chairs set both of which only a year and a half old. almost forgot, we are definitely taking our henry hoover as we only just bought it and it's the best hoover i've ever had!

hopefully, if we manage to lose a bit of junk before we go, we may end up paying less than the original quote, here's hoping!

Last edited by sara1981; Feb 16th 2008 at 9:22 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by surf n turf
Never heard of EVL, Anglo sent nice paperwork. The lady John Masons offered to show us round their place anytime we wanted to come, might take them up on it. At least I'll get a coffee.

We got a BM that is 4 yearold BM does anyone know, is it really worth taking...can't ask my cousin he knows nuffin bout cars!!

Thks
Thel
i agree, nice little file of paperwork from anglo...and a promotional dvd!

not taking a car myself, only got a clio so as much as i love my little car, it's not really worth it!!

but there's a tax payable if you're bringing in a luxury car i think of around 5% (from what i've seen on here in other threads, worth doing a search as i might be way off here!). i'd imagine a beamer would be classified as luxury, think if it's worth $50k or more then it is. from what other people have said, the general consensus is don't bother unless it's something unusual or hard to get eg a classic car or limited edition model that you won't be able to get in oz. have also read someone's post that their car wasn't secured properly and was quite badly damaged (sides scraped on sides of the container i think it was). think of it as a good excuse to go car shopping again!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:05 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sara1981
i agree, nice little file of paperwork from anglo...and a promotional dvd!

not taking a car myself, only got a clio so as much as i love my little car, it's not really worth it!!

but there's a tax payable if you're bringing in a luxury car i think of around 5% (from what i've seen on here in other threads, worth doing a search as i might be way off here!). i'd imagine a beamer would be classified as luxury, think if it's worth $50k or more then it is. from what other people have said, the general consensus is don't bother unless it's something unusual or hard to get eg a classic car or limited edition model that you won't be able to get in oz. have also read someone's post that their car wasn't secured properly and was quite badly damaged (sides scraped on sides of the container i think it was). think of it as a good excuse to go car shopping again!
I think that unless you really want a specific item of furniture, don't bother as you can purchase new over here. If you add the value of the item and the shipping costs, in some cases it is cheaper to sell it and buy new, less baggage, less hassle

As for cars if only I knew then what I know now.

European cars are extremly expensive over here, especially 2nd hand ones.

Fo instance a BMW M3 in near new condition and age is probably a car worth shipping as their is profit to be made. Along with a host of other European cars of the same kinda condition / age, VW'S, AUDI'S

In my opinion it is worth researching as there is money top be made if you select carefully what is and what isn't worth bringing over.
But the general rule of don't bother unless it is special or classic is a good stance for those not in the know !
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:25 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by sormesher
I have been quoted approx £3200 for a 20ft sole use container. We have a 4 bedroom house, lots of stuff
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

strike4rs is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: EVL or Anglo Pacific

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All.

just a word of advice i just used anglo and they are really crap, they took 3 months to get our items to us then charged 3 times the original quote then when finally i got my stuff it was mostly badly damaged and smashed. They do not try to contact you nor will they return your calls, the extent of damage to my goods is in excess of £12,000.00 and a lot of things had sentimental value and cannot be replaced. From my experience i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.