Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Old May 8th 2006, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Originally Posted by Wol
Wanton vandalism - is there any other kind? - is a fact of Australian life. The youf here is completely brain dead. I have never in my life seen such vacant eyes in so many idle heads.
Some of the brain dead youth of Australia remind me of some of the brain dead youth in the UK.
Old May 9th 2006, 1:03 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
No Rog,

Its is a worldwide issue - the western world at least.

Blame it on the parents - maybe ?

Off...... and fingers..........and chopping....... still spring to mind .

Jim
Probably the more spherical items....?

('Cos let's face it, it's mainly "men" - my quotes - although the ladettes are sinking to the same level a lot nowadays.)
Old May 9th 2006, 1:04 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Some of the brain dead youth of Australia remind me of some of the brain dead youth in the UK.
I merely report what I observe!
Old May 9th 2006, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Kids (in general terms because not all kids are bad) have far too much time on their hands today.

When I was a kid (and Im only 31 now) I could always find something to amuse myself, because if I didnt it was guaranteed that parents would find something for me to do. If I ever did anything like what was described I wouldnt be able to sit down for a week (if I lived through the ordeal of facing my parents).

Where are the parents when this is happening and how much responsibility do they have?
Old May 9th 2006, 3:57 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maldepays
I was once walking past a bus shelter near the library at the corner of Warwick Road and Marmion, where a bloke was changing the advertising, and I asked him how often the glass got smashed up. He got really quite defensive and made out that it hardly ever happened!! Must be company policy to say that as it's patently a load of bollocks. I lost count of the number of smashed up bus shelters one saw in the northern suburbs...along with the number of bottles littering the nature strip, thrown from passing cars.
Beer bottles are my biggest gripe. I'm cheesed off with having to navigate my dogs and kids (on bikes) round broken bottles every few yards. I assume there are more bottles than tinnies here cos customers want them?
Old May 9th 2006, 4:02 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Originally Posted by Wol
Wanton vandalism - is there any other kind? - is a fact of Australian life. The youf here is completely brain dead. I have never in my life seen such vacant eyes in so many idle heads.
Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of Walsall; I'll show you something to make you change your mind.

Old May 9th 2006, 5:00 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bal56
Beer bottles are my biggest gripe. I'm cheesed off with having to navigate my dogs and kids (on bikes) round broken bottles every few yards. I assume there are more bottles than tinnies here cos customers want them?
Yeah, why does everyone want to drink form stubbies when tinnies are so much lighter and easy to dispose of/recycle?
Old May 9th 2006, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Maldepays will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by renth
Yeah, why does everyone want to drink form stubbies when tinnies are so much lighter and easy to dispose of/recycle?
God knows! Perhaps they merely bounce when thrown from cars, without the satisfying 'smash' the throwers seem to crave, so have less after-sale value.
Old May 9th 2006, 2:52 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of Walsall; I'll show you something to make you change your mind.

Nice one Vash. I bet you West Brom's even more miserable than normal with the lads being relegated.

On the subject of vandalism, I often wonder what the councils' anti grafitti and park clean up budgets are. On each park I walk dogs on a white van shows up at 6am to inspect changing rooms and report any grafitti. The latter is often cleaned up within the day, only to reappear a few days later, so as to speak. The problem with Aussie grafitti is that there's minimal artistic quality to it.
Old May 9th 2006, 5:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Originally Posted by bal56
Nice one Vash. I bet you West Brom's even more miserable than normal with the lads being relegated.

Walsall really is in a grim old state; I'm glad I don't actually live there, but I don't live too far from it and I only visit the place when I absolutely have to.

Walsall Council is notorious for its inefficiency and mismanagement; it's currently in the process of begging the government not to penalise it for completely messing up the whole area through a process of gratuitous neglect, wanton greed, and general stupidity.

The really sad part is that Walsall could be a lot more than it is, if only someone would put in the effort. The town centre has some absolutely beautiful architecture, and the Arboretum is a real gem. If you read the community newspapers, it is immediately obvious that the citizens of Wasall are proud of their town, and generally do their best to look after it. There's a lot of excellent community projects around Walsall, and plenty of people working hard to make a difference.

Unfortunately, apart from its leatherworking past and its obvious connection with Jerome K Jerome (who was born there), Walsall doesn't have much history - and of course, there is virtually nothing in the way of culture.

It's surprisingly soulless in that respect - though admittedly, the same could be said of Birmingham: no history, no culture, just a handful of 19th Century buildings (some of them still very beautiful, but suffering terribly from smog and dirt), the usual assortment of council-housing tower blocks, and a sprinkling of semi-modern offices tacked on as an afterthought. In fact, you could probably extend that description to most of the Midlands.

The Walsall high street has that dull, plodding, predictable "mass-produced clone" look which you'll find in most British towns, but with a bit of care, a bit of effort and some proper management, it could be turned around.

I personally believe that Walsall has potential; it just needs a tremendous amount of nuture, support and regeneration.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; May 9th 2006 at 5:25 pm.
Old May 9th 2006, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Kids (in general terms because not all kids are bad) have far too much time on their hands today.

When I was a kid (and Im only 31 now) I could always find something to amuse myself, because if I didnt it was guaranteed that parents would find something for me to do. If I ever did anything like what was described I wouldnt be able to sit down for a week (if I lived through the ordeal of facing my parents).

Where are the parents when this is happening and how much responsibility do they have?

Same here im 35 and i only ever got the belt once for some thing i did but that stayed in my mind and i behaved myself after wards. The kids around where i live are awful, no respect for anyone, or anything. I find it hard keeping my kids on the right track.
i told one my sons friends off for coming in to my house switching the telly over while i was watching a documentry, he then swore at me when i asked what he was playing at. his mother complained that he rules her he is 8 years old. he hasn't been to my house since.
Mandy
Old May 9th 2006, 8:13 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Walsall really is in a grim old state; I'm glad I don't actually live there, but I don't live too far from it and I only visit the place when I absolutely have to.

Walsall Council is notorious for its inefficiency and mismanagement; it's currently in the process of begging the government not to penalise it for completely messing up the whole area through a process of gratuitous neglect, wanton greed, and general stupidity.

The really sad part is that Walsall could be a lot more than it is, if only someone would put in the effort. The town centre has some absolutely beautiful architecture, and the Arboretum is a real gem. If you read the community newspapers, it is immediately obvious that the citizens of Wasall are proud of their town, and generally do their best to look after it. There's a lot of excellent community projects around Walsall, and plenty of people working hard to make a difference.

Unfortunately, apart from its leatherworking past and its obvious connection with Jerome K Jerome (who was born there), Walsall doesn't have much history - and of course, there is virtually nothing in the way of culture.

It's surprisingly soulless in that respect - though admittedly, the same could be said of Birmingham: no history, no culture, just a handful of 19th Century buildings (some of them still very beautiful, but suffering terribly from smog and dirt), the usual assortment of council-housing tower blocks, and a sprinkling of semi-modern offices tacked on as an afterthought. In fact, you could probably extend that description to most of the Midlands.

The Walsall high street has that dull, plodding, predictable "mass-produced clone" look which you'll find in most British towns, but with a bit of care, a bit of effort and some proper management, it could be turned around.

I personally believe that Walsall has potential; it just needs a tremendous amount of nuture, support and regeneration.
Oh Vash, I do wish you wouldn't keep slating my home town! There really are some lovely parts of Walsall and Birmingham - there are some shite holes too but you always make it sound so horrific. Birmingham has history dating back to the Bronze Age - I admit not everyone looks after it as well as I should but this is the case in most places. Personally, I think the Bull Ring is fantastic, and the regeneration of that part of Birmingham has been brilliant. Most of the council towerblocks have been destroyed now and most of Birmingham centre is pedestrianised. Walsall has it's bad sides sure (the bloody chewing gum on the high street for a start - what's all that about ) but it really isn't as bad a place as you make out. Although I do agree that it does need regeneration.

I think a lot of today's youth have no respect whatsoever for their surroundings and it is they that bring it down. I think Birmingham has come very far in the past few years and I shall always be proud to be a Brummie (technically a yam yam seeing as I pay my Council Tax to Walsall )
Old May 9th 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

I am the problem is worldwide.

When we were on holiday in Perth 3 weeks ago we rented a house in the northern suburbs. We had stayed in the cbd for a week and we were riding high and really enjoying the holiday of a lifetime. It is a bit of a long story but I was reversing the car at the local shops when this lad started shouting at me. I had my wife and 2 small kids in the car and my first thought was to drive off but I thought I might have bumped his car and wanted to do the right thing although I was sure I hadn`t done anything wrong or hit his car.
The abuse was unbelievable and it was because I reversed "when he was walking behind the car" !!, I didnt see him and said this to him and was only doing a couple of mile an hour at the most and I didn`t hit him or anything, the worse way he probably had to side step around the car (we have all done this). He told me to F--- off several times and said he would run me over and really went into one.
I am not a fighter but also not bullied easily and will stand up for myself.
I felt angry at him and bit my lip because I was in a strange place and my kids were in the car, this guy was around 25 and looked wild as if drunk or on drugs.
My point is it has not put me off moving to Oz and in some way made me realise how "real" Oz is.
I saw an Indian woman in the U.K getting the same treatment from some young aresehole in the U.K a few weeks ago in the rush hour because she had probably done "something" wrong like not indicated when pulling across(she also had kids in the car and I felt sorry for her but unable to help her). What is the world coming to?
The vandalism and smashed bus shelters are seen from here to there and back again and the world is a sorry state. I did see graffiti e.t.c but I think Perth is some way behind compared to the u.k in terms of the level of vandalism.
I for one still think it offers a better lifestyle even with its problems.
Old May 9th 2006, 8:24 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
I am the problem is worldwide.

When we were on holiday in Perth 3 weeks ago we rented a house in the northern suburbs. We had stayed in the cbd for a week and we were riding high and really enjoying the holiday of a lifetime. It is a bit of a long story but I was reversing the car at the local shops when this lad started shouting at me. I had my wife and 2 small kids in the car and my first thought was to drive off but I thought I might have bumped his car and wanted to do the right thing although I was sure I hadn`t done anything wrong or hit his car.
The abuse was unbelievable and it was because I reversed "when he was walking behind the car" !!, I didnt see him and said this to him and was only doing a couple of mile an hour at the most and I didn`t hit him or anything, the worse way he probably had to side step around the car (we have all done this). He told me to F--- off several times and said he would run me over and really went into one.
I am not a fighter but also not bullied easily and will stand up for myself.
I felt angry at him and bit my lip because I was in a strange place and my kids were in the car, this guy was around 25 and looked wild as if drunk or on drugs.
My point is it has not put me off moving to Oz and in some way made me realise how "real" Oz is.
I saw an Indian woman in the U.K getting the same treatment from some young aresehole in the U.K a few weeks ago in the rush hour because she had probably done "something" wrong like not indicated when pulling across(she also had kids in the car and I felt sorry for her but unable to help her). What is the world coming to?
The vandalism and smashed bus shelters are seen from here to there and back again and the world is a sorry state. I did see graffiti e.t.c but I think Perth is some way behind compared to the u.k in terms of the level of vandalism.
I for one still think it offers a better lifestyle even with its problems.
:scared: how rude was he!!!
Old May 9th 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Clippies
:scared: how rude was he!!!
As said I was really angry and I couldnt believe it.
I felt if in the U.K and I said " sorry I din`t see you" most people would let it go even if hacked off.
Again the same shit happens in the U.K and people are people.
BTW I find Birmingham and its peolpe very friendly and have been out on a night out there and it was great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.