Evening life

Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Being such a new bod to this forum I hope I will be forgiven to putting my tuppence-worth in - but I personally love reading Badger's posts and find they usually leave me smiling.

Hope I feel even half as positive when I get out there!

Keep the updates coming.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Olive101
Being such a new bod to this forum I hope I will be forgiven to putting my tuppence-worth in - but I personally love reading Badger's posts and find they usually leave me smiling.

Hope I feel even half as positive when I get out there!

Keep the updates coming.

Please Please Please Please Please - will you read and realise that the jest of this debate (and I hope Bagde will join in) has nothing to do with Badge at all.

Has the world gone mad? - Am I writing in some long lost text?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:32 pm
dazuk

I just think that that way badgers talks aussie slang so quick like "arvo" "pommies" is like an aussie arriving in london and talking like jamie oliver, alllrite daaaarin, know wot I mean geezer pukkka, sooorted matey.

Would sound pretty wankey and guarentee a kick in down the pub???

For f(&ks sake be yourself

Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Geeez, there are some bossy people on this site!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Badge what news channels are you on about?

Channel 7,9 and 10 make Britains channel 5 news look quality. They are shallow and can be very opinionated. ABC news can be NSW centric but that is because the so called national news is actually state capital news. Hence a lot of ignorance by Aussies of what is going on in the rest of the country.

SBS is great for finding out what is going on in the rest of the world. They also show the news from broadcasters around the world.

For anything outside of Australia the broadcast is going to be BBC, ITN or Sky news. The local broadcasters have tiny budgets.

For some reason there is an overload on crap current affairs shows. Today tonight and a Current Affair are guilty of horrendous journalism and appeal to Australia's worst fears and prejudices.

I all the above means I do not agree with you on the news thing.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:05 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazuk
I just think that that way badgers talks aussie slang so quick like "arvo" "pommies" is like an aussie arriving in london and talking like jamie oliver, alllrite daaaarin, know wot I mean geezer pukkka, sooorted matey.

Would sound pretty wankey and guarentee a kick in down the pub???

For f(&ks sake be yourself
To be honest, anyone who talks like Jamie Oliver sounds pretty wanky and needs a kicking
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:06 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Where has anybody here suggested that either you or Polly are the MP type? Never as far as I am aware.

Why dont you just say what you want to instead of bringing up sly jabs in somebody elses posts. If you disagree with a persons comment instead of making vague jabs disguised as a funny, just say I disagree with what XYZ said about ABC.
Jesus you seriously have a problem dotty. I never saw the sign that mentioned the fact that if there is a discussion about a subject ie multiple posters that only certain people can ever mention the topic whether in that thread or in another one. If you ever opened your eyes & looked you will have seen me discussing multiple posters on other occasions, mainly with Donna, well before you ever started the thread the other day. But of course that doesnt suit your purpose, does it?

Dont worry, if I disagree with something that someone says I will say it, you should know, I disagree with alot of your comments and I tell you. Suggest that if you keep imagining that everything I say is somehow referring to you or anything you have ever said, that you put me on that ignore list of yours.

Scott, Im not exactly sure what your problem seems to be apart from the fact that maybe some posts in this thread arent specifically in relation to your couple of posts? Sorry, I didnt see the notice on the door that said topics have narrow ridgid guidelines & a bit of light hearted banter & fun arent allowed!

Now Im off for my own fun for the weekend.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:10 pm
dazuk

Originally posted by DagBoy
To be honest, anyone who talks like Jamie Oliver sounds pretty wanky and needs a kicking
I wont argue with that!

Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I knew I should've come on earlier today! Hmmm, wheres my axe, I shall use it on anyone who comes within 10 miles of me talking like Jamie Oliver. However, anyone (or any small furry animals) that come near me talking totally naturally even if they have only been in Oz for 10 days will be welcome to share a beer...... got your flight booked to Qld yet Badger?

Polly (in one of her many disguises!)
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Jesus you seriously have a problem dotty. I never saw the sign that mentioned the fact that if there is a discussion about a subject ie multiple posters that only certain people can ever mention the topic whether in that thread or in another one. If you ever opened your eyes & looked you will have seen me discussing multiple posters on other occasions, mainly with Donna, well before you ever started the thread the other day. But of course that doesnt suit your purpose, does it?

Dont worry, if I disagree with something that someone says I will say it, you should know, I disagree with alot of your comments and I tell you. Suggest that if you keep imagining that everything I say is somehow referring to you or anything you have ever said, that you put me on that ignore list of yours.

Scott, Im not exactly sure what your problem seems to be apart from the fact that maybe some posts in this thread arent specifically in relation to your couple of posts? Sorry, I didnt see the notice on the door that said topics have narrow ridgid guidelines & a bit of light hearted banter & fun arent allowed!

Now Im off for my own fun for the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend MrD

Last edited by scotvness; Jan 10th 2004 at 1:21 am.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by scotvness
Please Please Please Please Please - will you read and realise that the jest of this debate (and I hope Bagde will join in) has nothing to do with Badge at all.

Has the world gone mad? - Am I writing in some long lost text?
Go for it mate, your entitled to your opinion, just why do you have to try and change others.

You made your point, just bear in mind that half an hour later no-one really cares.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:08 am
WBB

Originally posted by Nibbs
Go for it mate, your entitled to your opinion, just why do you have to try and change others.

You made your point, just bear in mind that half an hour later no-one really cares.

half an hour ?

Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Nibbs

Nibbs...you have struck on a very important point.

Thats what i find very annoyng on this forum...unless you are in one camp or the other you are either totally ignored, abused or ridiculed!!even down to the way you talk...how bloody immature is that??

I feel like doing a whole thread on the cans and can't dos in here, just so that newbies know how to negotiate this boot camp!!! Can you imagine what it must all look like to someone who turns up for hte first itme??...i'm surprised we ever get any new members. I wonder how many look in here and turn right round and shut the door behind them.

More sense is a kindergarten at times!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by podgypossum
Nibbs...you have struck on a very important point.

Thats what i find very annoyng on this forum...unless you are in one camp or the other you are either totally ignored, abused or ridiculed!!even down to the way you talk...how bloody immature is that??

I feel like doing a whole thread on the cans and can't dos in here, just so that newbies know how to negotiate this boot camp!!! Can you imagine what it must all look like to someone who turns up for hte first itme??...i'm surprised we ever get any new members. I wonder how many look in here and turn right round and shut the door behind them.

More sense is a kindergarten at times!

Know what you mean PP, at the end of the day, if you don't like what's being said, don't read the posts. Pesonally there's a few people here that I just really enjoy reading. They have a touch of the Billy Connoly's about them. BTW Baldbutts you've been slacking!

Anyway PP it's gone 4.00 am for you isn't it. You gotta try and get some kip, not that I'm suggesting you shouldn't be on here.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by welshboybilly
half an hour ?

Well according to the house commandant more like 3 mins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.