Evening life

Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:05 pm
WBB

Originally posted by podgypossum
I reckon its both of you DB...in fact i think you both make up 95% of board members here. Maybe you both have multiple personality disorders.... what i want to know is...which one of you is me??

there is only one PP.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by welshboybilly
there is only one PP.

Ahhh..but how do you KNOW?... i could really be a meak and mild minnie mouse for all you know... i could be hiding behind this outspoken and controversial persona to hide my shyness...

(and i just saw a pig fly past.. )
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:27 pm
WBB

Ahhh..but how do you KNOW?... i could really be a meak and mild minnie mouse for all you know... i could be hiding behind this outspoken and controversial persona to hide my shyness...

but that is the great thing about this forum, you build a picture in your head of the other users that post regularly, no doubt you are all totally different to what i imagine.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:27 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon its both of you DB...in fact i think you both make up 95% of board members here. Maybe you both have multiple personality disorders.... what i want to know is...which one of you is me??

LOL Podgy, ok I confess .

Of course I must be Dagboy as well then, to have one person making up an alias & then someone else making up that aliases husband/wife would just to TOO weird! :scared:

Billy, dunno, we were discussing end of Feb, but thats as far as it got, no plans yet.

Anyway, maybe someone else might like to organise it this time.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:30 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.

I think some people at the meet were a bit surprised (or maybe not, maybe I am wrong), but I was the one running around without a name tag for most of the meet, just chatting to people without telling them who I was. Once I was forced to put my username on my name tag & wear it by Dagboy I got different reactions .

My shy side was showing .
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
LOL.

I think some people at the meet were a bit surprised (or maybe not, maybe I am wrong), but I was the one running around without a name tag for most of the meet, just chatting to people without telling them who I was. Once I was forced to put my username on my name tag & wear it by Dagboy I got different reactions .

My shy side was showing .

In what way different reactions?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

In what way different reactions?
Hmmmmmm hard to describe. When they didnt know who I was it was just a general chat about how nice it was to meet other poms etc , once they knew who I was it was sort of "ooooohhhhh YOURE Mrs Dagboy, thank you so much for all the help blah blah". It was just nice to be annonymous so I could just chat.

Mind you it should have been pretty damn obvious that I was Mrs Dagboy as soon as I opened my mouth & anyone heard me, I think I was the only one there with an aussie accent until Pollys Bloke turned up late in the afternoon LOL. Spot the Aussie
Old Jan 9th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know what you mean..

It intrigues me how people react when they meet personalities from a online forum etc. I have been a very long itme member of a Kiwi based one. We had all "known" each other for nearly 2yrs before many of us met up. It really made me laugh just how many of them were shocked at how different people were offline. Some were very extrovert online but painfully shy in person, others the total opposite. Some were outwardly amazed at me being a big person (ok..fat chick!!..LOL) even though i had spent a longtime previously online, convincing them i was!! What was even stranger, was their totally different behaviour towards me after seeing me!!... people can be totally bizarre at times!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Who really gives a toss, whether or nor Badgers is taking the p*ss?

If the bloke's happy, then good for him, and the rest who criticise him and others like him should take their heads out of their arses and get a life.

Some people will always have green eyes.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Evening life

Originally posted by badgersmount
Well, we have been to a lot of parties, and or have been out to dinner at the riverside tavern opened last year. Last night was a big water pistol fight at my mate's wife's mother's and father's. Bruce had to go home to pick up his gigantic water cannon so I positioned all the kids in the drive in a massive pre-set ambush. The father hugged me and said I had become part of the family and was glad to have me back in Australia. We met more friends of friends from Sydney and Melborne and swapped numbers and addresses. A bit of banter was exchanged but only for a few mins. I gave it to them about the Rugby.

A good time was had by all. Watched the Sky UK News and thought ' bloody hell these Poms sound pompous!'. They were talking for 15 mins about student fees and I still haven't understood the crux of the argument this time around! Something about 15K or something. The Aussie News keeps things nice and simple and the pollies and newsreaders just keep discussions quick and easy. None of this long rah-rah and shouting to the camera like in UK.

Mossies not too bad. A few small spiders observed, but no Huntsman yet :-(

Tonight meeting up with some SA friends. Tomorrow a massive party in my honour as well. Everyone is coming, even Australia's World motorbike champ who my mate knows - no names.

Badge

Party hard Badge, sounds like you are having a great time! Keep smiling lifes too short not too!
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Didnt I mention that after I met her for the first time?

And of course Polly & I could be one of those multiple personality posters people go on about, except for the fact that if we were, then we must also be the force behind the other 37 people that came to the expats meet at Wynnum .
Where has anybody here suggested that either you or Polly are the MP type? Never as far as I am aware.

Why dont you just say what you want to instead of bringing up sly jabs in somebody elses posts. If you disagree with a persons comment instead of making vague jabs disguised as a funny, just say I disagree with what XYZ said about ABC.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:50 pm
WBB

Originally posted by dotty
Where has anybody here suggested that either you or Polly are the MP type? Never as far as I am aware.

Why dont you just say what you want to instead of bringing up sly jabs in somebody elses posts. If you disagree with a persons comment instead of making vague jabs disguised as a funny, just say I disagree with what XYZ said about ABC.

oh, put your handbag away dotty darling.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Listen to yourselves!

Scotvness, you make some great points, very canny man. Your theories on the Defending the Negative and knocking the UK for justification seem spot on.

As for badge I still think most in the UK are going to admire his "Paul Hogan" type persona, which only badge could get away with.

Its interesting to note tho that many of the "long termers" in OZ know most of us trying this would receive a huge cringe factor. The 2 points show the very real difference in the perception of OZ and the reality of OZ.

Ozzies are trying to escape the images of 20 odd years ago, most want to move on and be looked at on a less "cultural cringe" factor, I think respecting that would go a long way (unless you are badge who could do a "Precilla Queen of the Desert" in Bris High street and get away with it. )
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by welshboybilly

Sorry dear, just replying to the was it 6 or seven posts there of snide remarks We all know Mrs D does not like my comments, its been pointed out to me by hundreds of other posters Thats fine with me.

However why overtake someone elses thread as the latest way of having a jab. Surely the best way would have been for Mrs D to go into my thread on Multiple personality types and comment there. Besides as she well knows she was never accused of being one anyway, so why go to the trouble of mentioning it? Just for a swipe perhaps?

Last edited by dotty; Jan 9th 2004 at 9:17 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by dotty

Thankyou Dotty - you obviously took the time to read what was actually going on in this thread and understood it. The resulting jibberish that followed some decent debate reminded me of a child putting it fingers in it's ears and yelling La' La' La' La' - I cant hear you La' La' La' I dont want to hear you.

Weather you agree or dissagree with what has been discussed is not at this stage relevant to your reply (though I'd like to hear it), but a fair hearing and a chance to debate a subject with replys relevant to what is going on from those taking part would be most welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.