Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An etiquette question for mums...

An etiquette question for mums...

Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An etiquette question for mums...

Originally Posted by spuddyo
I'm just an old fashioned fogey with morals set back in dark ages. Don't mind me, I am just a grumpy old man and proud of it.
There's a lot of it about. I'm a grumpy old woman
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just an old fashioned fogey with morals set back in dark ages. Don't mind me, I am just a grumpy old man and proud of it.
Nothing immoral about the school run in your pj's!!
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:56 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Just the same as me going shopping down at the market in my Y fronts and a string vest plus a pair of old dog eared slippers on my feet I suppose.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Just the same as me going shopping down at the market in my Y fronts and a string vest plus a pair of old dog eared slippers on my feet I suppose.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gawd, not the y-fronts, anything but the y-fronts
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Oh gawd, not the y-fronts, anything but the y-fronts
I'm partial to the boxer briefs myself.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:51 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm partial to the boxer briefs myself.
As long as they're doing the housework or the gardening, I don't care what they wear
Old Jul 12th 2017, 10:00 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
As long as they're doing the housework or the gardening, I don't care what they wear
I'm pretty fortunate there. My partner got up this morning and emptied the dishwasher and restacked it while I got dressed for work then made me a takeaway coffee. Then went out of his way to drop me at the station so I didn't have to walk in the dark. ❤
Old Jul 12th 2017, 10:19 pm
Concierge

I'm pretty fortunate there. My partner got up this morning and emptied the dishwasher and restacked it while I got dressed for work then made me a takeaway coffee. Then went out of his way to drop me at the station so I didn't have to walk in the dark. ❤
Glad you got yourself a goody, Dorothy
Old Jul 21st 2017, 8:29 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you.

I'm a mental health professional and when people are depressed we encourage them to get up at the same time every morning, shower and put on clean clothes. It's better for their mental health than staying in Pyjamas all day.

Pyjamas are for relaxing at home, not for dropping your kids off at school.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I'm with you.

I'm a mental health professional and when people are depressed we encourage them to get up at the same time every morning, shower and put on clean clothes. It's better for their mental health than staying in Pyjamas all day.

Pyjamas are for relaxing at home, not for dropping your kids off at school.
But what if you've got three showering for school, lunch boxes to fill, ballet bags, instruments and sports bags to pack? Best to stay in your warm pj's and have a HOT shower when the hot water system has had time to reheat in my opinion.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
But what if you've got three showering for school, lunch boxes to fill, ballet bags, instruments and sports bags to pack? Best to stay in your warm pj's and have a HOT shower when the hot water system has had time to reheat in my opinion.
Agreed. Why would the assumption be that the pj wearing parents are going to stay that way all day?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:42 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Agreed. Why would the assumption be that the pj wearing parents are going to stay that way all day?
Because some of us prefer flannel jammies to real clothes? Is that wrong?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 1:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Because some of us prefer flannel jammies to real clothes? Is that wrong?
Not at all. They make me shudder but you wear what you want to hon.

A daughter works at Woolies and they do dress up days raising money for a children's hopsital. She refuses to go in anything but work clothes. Her manager gave her grief the other week and ordered her to wear pjs. She doesn't own any so we had to raid the loft for her old Cheer trakkies. She hated every minute of her shift.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 1:46 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not at all. They make me shudder but you wear what you want to hon.

A daughter works at Woolies and they do dress up days raising money for a children's hopsital. She refuses to go in anything but work clothes. Her manager gave her grief the other week and ordered her to wear pjs. She doesn't own any so we had to raid the loft for her old Cheer trakkies. She hated every minute of her shift.
I loved when my uniform was scrubs. It's like wearing pyjamas to work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.