Reload this Page >

movers and jobs topics

movers and jobs topics

Old Jul 18th 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

oscarricher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default movers and jobs topics

Hi

First topic for advise is movers. I am currently deciding between PSS removals, Picktons and anglopacific. We are only moving books, clothes and small appliances as we are currently renting a furnished place, just wondering if there is any differance between these three? Also is it recommended to sell most electronic stuff due to the problem of endless adaptors?

Second is jobs.
I am trying to apply for jobs anywhere in australia and most of the jobs i am applying for are equal or even junior to my current UK role. However i am not getting much interview scores with me being in the UK and having the time differance. THus i am a bit worried that this might continue even when i am over there. DId other people have a problem with this, in that potential employers get put off when they find out you are still in the UK even though one is willing and has the visa to pretty much start asap.

ta as always
Old Jul 18th 2017, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: movers and jobs topics

First, generally, the big removal companies are all a bit of a muchness. However, if you aren't taking much, have a look at a Movecube. They come in three sizes and could be a cheaper option.
On jobs, it is often the case the employers wont consider someone until they are in the country. What is it you do?
Old Jul 18th 2017, 10:07 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Anglo Pacific twice, both times they did a good job, good communication and easy to deal with.

It would be easier to get a job face to face, still not guaranteed but your chances would be a lot better. My wife was a Bank Manager with NatWest but started her fist job in Australia at a bank call centre, answering phones. It took another 5 years to get back to Manager level by working her way up again. Be prepared to be flexible and your chances will increase.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oscarricher
Hi

First topic for advise is movers. I am currently deciding between PSS removals, Picktons and anglopacific. We are only moving books, clothes and small appliances as we are currently renting a furnished place, just wondering if there is any differance between these three? Also is it recommended to sell most electronic stuff due to the problem of endless adaptors?

Second is jobs.
I am trying to apply for jobs anywhere in australia and most of the jobs i am applying for are equal or even junior to my current UK role. However i am not getting much interview scores with me being in the UK and having the time differance. THus i am a bit worried that this might continue even when i am over there. DId other people have a problem with this, in that potential employers get put off when they find out you are still in the UK even though one is willing and has the visa to pretty much start asap.

ta as always
Mrs Beoz had all her interviews via Skype from the UK and the job sealed before departure.

In fact she was interviewed by 3 companies via Skype. 2 dragged the chain because she wasn't present in Oz and the job she took, that company snapped her up before someone else did.

So yes, it can be done from abroad, especially if you are in demand, but better to be present and in the flesh.