Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ethnic Name/Job Discrimination?

Ethnic Name/Job Discrimination?

Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:18 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ethnic Name/Job Discrimination?

I agree with Scouse, your name shouldn't matter, and if it does you probably don't want to work for that company....your resume might just be crap - pm me and I'll give you some feedback from an employers perspective

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Having conducted a lot of interviews across many disciplines, someone's name didn't matter a toss - what did matter was their grasp of English appropriate to the role, which is something you don't have a problem with. Even with my best non-discriminatory hat on, I wouldn't interview someone whose written application for a direct customer contact role began something like "my missions which I feel for my heart is to do say yes all times for to all peoples, if they be ugly things no problem" (a true job application).

Having said that, there's no problem with using your middle name on your resume and at interview. If your references/referees use your first name, you may want to explain to your prospective employer that you use your middle name, prior to references being checked. Also, you'll need to put your legal (full) name on employment commencement documents such as tax and superannuation docs. Best of luck.