Escape from Oz

Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light
Question Escape from Oz

Is there anyone else out there who as recently returned to the UK from Australia, I didn't really like it there , not due to the weather , mainly due to the general attitude to the English by the Australians and the Australian media.

Don't get me wrong not all Aussies have problems with the English , but most appear to look down at the English .

They tend to have a very negative view about my fellow countrymen, all based on the past ?? some Aussies seem to have a two hundred year old memory .
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Escape from Oz

Originally Posted by MDawson
Is there anyone else out there who as recently returned to the UK from Australia, I didn't really like it there , not due to the weather , mainly due to the general attitude to the English by the Australians and the Australian media.

Don't get me wrong not all Aussies have problems with the English , but most appear to look down at the English .

They tend to have a very negative view about my fellow countrymen, all based on the past ?? some Aussies seem to have a two hundred year old memory .
Dude, we've heard this all before - don't become a one hit wonder on this topic.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:32 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

my neice had some laughs with some idiots who kept on about her opressing the aborigines

they were a bit shocked when she informed them that her ancestors stayed in England and let the aborigines alone and that it was their ancestors who came to Australia and slaughtered aboriginals not hers they insisted it was you Brits she insisted her ancestors were farmers in England and had nothing to do with Australia. mind they were pineapple packers so maybe not too bright

I have a shop assistant who regularly tells me to go home and when I tell her I am home gets all shirty
but mostly Aussies accept me for who I am just as I accept them for who they are
the minority are ignorant and ignorable
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to the English we Irish have a longer memory,the aussies are merely young upstarts,200 years blah
Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed this to, often I feel like a second class citizen. Some of them look down on english people and if you ever dare to question anything australian you get the kneejerk reaction 'why dont you piss of back to england then'
They seem to live in their own little bubble, thinking they live in the best country in the world, which if you question them by pointing out how crap something is or a better way something could be done they cannot handle it. They act like a child whos toys have been stolen.

I am sure you will get some reactions like that from aussies on this topic in this forum, they seem to like to troll here and ignore the whole british expats banner at the top.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

They seem to live in their own little bubble, thinking they live in the best country in the world, which if you question them by pointing out how crap something is or a better way something could be done they cannot handle it. They act like a child whos toys have been stolen.
Do you not sense the irony of that post?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by tartantopgun
Do you not sense the irony of that post?
What a load of BS :-(

Oz is what you make of it - if you let a small minority cloud the big picture then the fault is not with Australians
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

What a load of BS :-(
You missed my point in your unique eloquent manner.

An English person moaning about being treated badly on account of them being English, is not an alien concept. They have systematically as a nation oppressed and bullied countless countries over a very long time with exactly that ethic. Even on a lighter note, rampaging across resorts the length and breadth of Europe, with the anti social obnoxious behavior. Not saying us Scots are immune to that kind of behavior, however, we seem to 'get along' with the locals a lot better than out southern cousins.

That was my reference to the irony of their post. It had no reference to Australia, or Australians. Catch ma drift?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the Moving Back to the Uk forum - full of lucky people who have found their way out
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:18 am
ABCDiamond

Not saying us Scots are immune to that kind of behavior, however, we seem to 'get along' with the locals a lot better than out southern cousins.
I get along with the Aussies just fine, I even get along with the Scots

There are minorities of almost all nationalities that have similar problems, but many also can't see that it is only a minority.

Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:48 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Scots have an 800 year memory. Aussie lightweights
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:53 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

You missed my point in your unique eloquent manner.

An English person moaning about being treated badly on account of them being English, is not an alien concept. They have systematically as a nation oppressed and bullied countless countries over a very long time with exactly that ethic. Even on a lighter note, rampaging across resorts the length and breadth of Europe, with the anti social obnoxious behavior. Not saying us Scots are immune to that kind of behavior, however, we seem to 'get along' with the locals a lot better than out southern cousins.

That was my reference to the irony of their post. It had no reference to Australia, or Australians. Catch ma drift?
Quote of the year
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:54 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has the makings of a classic handbag fight
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
Scots have an 800 year memory. Aussie lightweights
lot of irish and scots have chips on their shoulders about english,so they should be the last ones to moan about aussies
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:06 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
I have noticed this to, often I feel like a second class citizen. Some of them look down on english people and if you ever dare to question anything australian you get the kneejerk reaction 'why dont you piss of back to england then'

I am sure you will get some reactions like that from aussies on this topic in this forum, they seem to like to troll here and ignore the whole british expats banner at the top.
Abso-bloody-lutely.

They are the school bully who can dish it out (notice how much the Aussies like to take the piss out of other nationalities/ethnicities and call them unflattering nicknames) but if some criticism or humour is directed at them they generally (I am sure there are exceptions blah, blah, blah) seem to respond like a kid at school who goes to pieces when his hostile behaviour is turned back on him.

My father-in-law will defend Australia to the cows come home and gets visibly troubled by any criticism of it.

At some point in history someone decided that it's politically incorrect to criticise Australia.

Telling an Aussie that you don't like something about Australia is like telling a staunch Catholic that you don't believe in God.

Last edited by mono; Dec 17th 2009 at 3:08 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.