Reload this Page >

Environmental Health Graduate looking to move to Aus

Environmental Health Graduate looking to move to Aus

Old Feb 8th 2015, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

GreenB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Environmental Health Graduate looking to move to Aus

Hi all,

I am soon graduating from Leeds Beckett University with a degree in Environmental Health. I have undergone some work experience at Wakefield Council, but have not been officially employed in this field as I have not yet graduated. (Graduation is this summer).

I'm looking on the Australian Immigration site at the various different visas, but don't know which one is right for me. I would like to go to Aus and apply for Environmental health jobs whilst over there, but I don't see how I'd be able to do that without having to return to the UK first to apply for a visa (and does this require sponsorship for a 'skilled' worker?).

I joined this forum because after some Googling I found a couple who emigrated to Australia and would like to speak to them further, I don't know where to begin as a soon to be recent graduate!

Thanks for reading,

Ben
Old Feb 8th 2015, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Environmental Health Graduate looking to move to Aus

The first thing, I am assuming you are intending a permanent move?

If so, there are two routes.

The first is skilled migration. For this your occupation must be on one of the two lists called SOL and CSOL and these can be found at immi.gov.au

However, you must also pass a skills assessment and for most occupations this requires a number of years post qualifacation experience. Once you find your occupation on one of the lists, then the number next to it can be googled to get details of what is required for that occupation.

The other route is a business sponsored visa such as a 457. This is a long term temporary visa - normally for 4 years and doesn't need a skills assessment. However, I would estimate the chances of a new graduate gaining it would be very slim.

You could, if you are under 31 age come for a working holiday for up to 2 years. However, you can only work for one employer for 6 months which often rules out graduate roles.