Reload this Page >

Enrolled nurses APHRA

Enrolled nurses APHRA

Old Aug 8th 2015, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Sheryl_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Enrolled nurses APHRA

Hi All

I have a diploma in nursing which is fine to be Registered nurse in the UK, but doesn't appear to be in AUstralia. I think I can apply to be an enrolled nurse though?? I know I need to register with APHRA first so I'm going to complete the AGOS 40 application form. I'm assuming this is the right one? I'm trying to be in Oz for December and can just do the 3 months tourist visa if the whole process takes long. I'm not sure what visa I would need to apply for or which one would be the cheapest? I also have a degree in English literure so I do have enough points under the SOL section. I thought perhaps the independent visa or trying to get nominated by looking for a job first. Does anyone have any first hand experience as a nurse of this whole process who could give some advice please ?

Thanks
Sheryl 😃
Old Aug 8th 2015, 9:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enrolled nurses APHRA

An enrolled nurse would not be eligible for a skilled or independent visa.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Do you know which ones cheaper and the process time of this? The APHRA appears to be a pain in itself.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 9:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheryl_uk
Thank you. Do you know which ones cheaper and the process time of this? The APHRA appears to be a pain in itself.
I said you would not be eligible
Old Aug 8th 2015, 10:18 am
Just Joined

I've already checked and I am when speaking to the visa migration folk. It's all on a point system. With having the English literture degree that also bumps up my points. Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2015, 10:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I've already checked and I am when speaking to the visa migration folk. It's all on a point system. With having the English literture degree that also bumps up my points. Thanks
It is a points system but to be eligible you would need to pass the skills assessment which I think you need to be eligible for AHPRA to pass. AHPRA will not register diploma qualified nurses from what I've read.

EDIT - I also do not see enrolled nurses on the skills list only registered nursing. I hope you haven't paid any money to the 'visa migration folk'.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Aug 8th 2015 at 10:24 am.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 10:21 am
Bitter and twisted

But you need to be able to register as a registered nurse and for that your nursing qualification has to be at degree level or you need to have extra training to the equivalent.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 10:24 am
Just Joined

APHRA is different from the visa. I have spoken with APHRA and many other international nurses at diploma level and you can register as an enrolled nurse, but not a Registerrd nurse. They're two different things.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 10:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

APHRA is different from the visa. I have spoken with APHRA and many other international nurses at diploma level and you can register as an enrolled nurse, but not a Registerrd nurse. They're two different things.
Added an edit but for a skilled visa you need an occupation on the SOL or CSOL - only registered nurses are on the list.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We know that AHPRA is different to DIBP. However, what you fail to understand is that you don't qualify for a visa to Australia as an enrolled nurse. Never mind what the visa migration folk tell you, the truth of the matter is that you have to have a skill on the SOL or CSOL. Enrolled nurse is not on either list, so therefore you cannot apply for a skilled visa. Go ahead and register with AHPRA. They'll be all too happy to take your fees for registration. Bear in mind that registration with AHPRA doesn't make you any more eligible for a visa, though.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Ok, it's confusing with what people tell you and you'd think the people who are supposed to know would give you right info. What about the independent visa or trying to get spinsides visa? Only going for a year or so so it would be a temporary one
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:18 am

Ok, it's confusing with what people tell you and you'd think the people who are supposed to know would give you right info. What about the independent visa or trying to get spinsides visa? Only going for a year or so so it would be a temporary one
There's a working holiday visa that allows you to do some work whilst having an extended holiday.

The independent visa is a skilled visa and no idea what spinsides is - sponsored?
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:25 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

In reality, your only hope would be the WHV, if you are the right age, but that only allows you to work for any single employer for 6 months.
What is a spinsides visa? you have already been told that you would not be eligible for the independent visa. Please do NOT believe all that the 'visa migration people' tell you, unless they are properly MARA registered visa people. Others might/will tell you anything so they can get you to pay them a lot of money, and then you would finish up with no visa, and a lot poorer than if you took on board the advice you have been given by people on here who are in the nursing profession.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Sorry I meant sponsor visa ha. Yeah I'm 36 so the working holiday visa is out
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Sorry I meant sponsor visa ha. Yeah I'm 36 so the working holiday visa is out
You would not get sponsored as an Enrolled Nurse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.