Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Engineering Qualifications in Australia

Engineering Qualifications in Australia

Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

RAFEng is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Engineering Qualifications in Australia

I m currently in the process of gaining my IEng ( without a degree i may add ) I have my HNC & HND which i started before 1999, Plus the 25 years working at IEng Level.
So can anyone tell me! if when i submitt my visa app will they give me 10 points or 15 points under the new points sytem ?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:13 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Engineering Qualifications in Australia

I don't know what world you guys are on but my engineering mates are pushing 250-300k not 100-130k. 100-130k isn't a lot of money in Australia many tradies earn that kind of income. A lot of my drafty mates are on 130-140 here in Perth unlike many of you clowns they don't call themselves engineers because this is Australia and we don't have loser job titles to make ourtselves feel better.

So much for your non degree engineering salary. lolz

Last edited by Weebie; Jul 29th 2011 at 3:18 am.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 4:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
I don't know what world you guys are on but my engineering mates are pushing 250-300k not 100-130k. 100-130k isn't a lot of money in Australia many tradies earn that kind of income. A lot of my drafty mates are on 130-140 here in Perth unlike many of you clowns they don't call themselves engineers because this is Australia and we don't have loser job titles to make ourtselves feel better.

Weebie , you have been asked repeatedly to stick to the rules on BE. One of those rules asks that you do not engage in insults or personal abuse. Please change the tone of your posts and try to discuss things in a more reasonable manner.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Got a link to these 250-300k jobs?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

It doesn't matter what qualifications you lot have - I've yet to meet an engineer that actually did what we asked of them!!

I've just spent 4 hours revising an engineers drawings, because he insisted what I was proposing wasn't possible. Turns out it was!!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:15 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bingobob777
You'll need a legitimate degree?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:18 am
Banned

Two of my best mates are earning 130-150ph respectively. My neighbour who is out here on Chevron in Houston with his multi million dollar house being paid for I doubt is earning anything less than 200.

80-130k are not "great" salaries if you are a good engineer here in Perth.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Two of my best mates are earning 130-150ph respectively. My neighbour who is out here on Chevron in Houston with his multi million dollar house being paid for I doubt is earning anything less than 200.

so you keep saying, but without any evidence.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:13 am
Banned

All jobs go through recruitment agents in Aus.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Every single job?

I don't think so somehow.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

As you know your statement is completely untrue.

You have been asked by Polly on a number of occasions to stop your inflammatory posts.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Read rule 4.

Take a break please.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Well good on your 'mates' and congrats to them on earning that salary. Hopefully they show a bit more dignity about their earnings and A bit more respect for their fellow colleagues than their mate does.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:10 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I have always tried to ignore the irresistable lure of your posts for a contrary comment but this is just too much.

I work in a chemical manufacturing company employing drafties, chemists, chem eng, mech eng etc.

If your mates are on that they obviously aren't very good one's - coincidence?
Those on $250-300K are most likely O&G contractors, possible but more exceptional. The truth lies somewhere between the two for most in the real world.

Nonsense, we have just employed a head hunter which is far more the norm in current market for specific eng roles.

Regarding the original post (to keep my post on topic ) I think where we can get confusion here is for example ex British Gas "Engineers". When you'd get an issue with your boiler they would send round one of their "engineers". These are skilled qualifies tradesmen and carry out an important job but personally I would never describe them as "engineers". And I mean no offence to BG guys, just an example
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

adi.adindas will become famous soon enoughadi.adindas will become famous soon enough

I am a chartered engineer (CEng). On the top of it I am also EUropen ENgineer Eur Ing with over 5 years experience in the Industries plus teachng at a university. In Australia I have been considering a job offer as a Senior Lecturer which pay 100-120K (do not remember the exact figure).

I am also very interested in knowing, if an engineer in Australia could earn 250-300K, as I might be hunting a job in the industreis rather than in higher education.

I think 200-300K might be the salary bracket for engineering director, so they are actually not an engineer but a director ??? ....

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by adi.adindas
I am a chartered engineer (CEng). On the top of it I am also EUropen ENgineer Eur Ing with over 5 years experience in the Industries plus teachng at a university. In Australia I have been considering a job offer as a Senior Lecturer which pay 100-120K (do not remember the exact figure).

I am also very interested in knowing, if an engineer in Australia could earn 250-300K, as I might be hunting a job in the industreis rather than in higher education.

I think 200-300K might be the salary bracket for engineering director, so they are actually not an engineer but a director ??? ....
Just taking a look on Seek, here's a mech engineer role in mining paying big bucks.

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/mechanica...perth/20299694

Weebie does spout a lot of rubbish however good experienced engineers in Perth are regularly getting $big especially if they're prepared to head up to the Pilbara.

Last edited by jimbo_d; Jul 30th 2011 at 1:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.