Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employer References for 47sk

Employer References for 47sk

Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of
Default Employer References for 47sk

We have nearly finished our visa form but want to know the best way to approach dh's current employer about getting a reference. Does it adversly affect the way your employer treats you in the future? Has anyone had any bad experiences? Dh is a little worried about this esp as we will not be going (hopefully) till next May/June. Its a long time to be put on garden leave iyswim.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:57 pm
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Employer References for 47sk

We recently submitted our visa through our agent. It was sent without the current employers reference as at that point my husband hadn't told his employer our plans. Our agent said it could follow on a bit later. However, last week he finally did tell his employer and got a glowing reference off them which has now been submitted to the agent to forward on to ASPC.
I believe you can delay a little but not for too long as when they are looking at your application they phone your last 2 employers to verify ther references when deciding to grant the visa or not.
If anyone knows any different, I am sure they will say.

sponge
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Employer References for 47sk

Originally Posted by milliesmum
We have nearly finished our visa form but want to know the best way to approach dh's current employer about getting a reference. Does it adversly affect the way your employer treats you in the future? Has anyone had any bad experiences? Dh is a little worried about this esp as we will not be going (hopefully) till next May/June. Its a long time to be put on garden leave iyswim.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
OH and myself had no problems at all - most employers happy to be given warning possibility of leaving them due to visa application - I think his company were more happy he was leaving the country rather than jumping to a rival company - mine just happy i am sticking to my three months notice period.

I havent heard of any employer taking it the wrong way - but hey you never know. Most people have been pleasantly surprised.

Paula
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:55 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

What's this about "last two employers" being telephoned????
All it says in the 47SK is that you have to have been in your employment ( if on MODL ) for 12 out of the last 18 months. I didn't see anything about enclosing two work references. EEEK.
Anyone know of any different?? I only put in one work's reference when I sent in the application.

*pearly*
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
What's this about "last two employers" being telephoned????
All it says in the 47SK is that you have to have been in your employment ( if on MODL ) for 12 out of the last 18 months. I didn't see anything about enclosing two work references. EEEK.
Anyone know of any different?? I only put in one work's reference when I sent in the application.

*pearly*

It all depends on your circumstances. If you have had the same job for the past few years then only one will be required. For example my hubby has had the same job for the past 8 years, so we sent in references from them only.

DIMA don't always contact your employers they do spot checks.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

What do you do when you last employer refuses to sign a reference? This has just happened to me. I have been self employed for the last 3 years so do I need this