Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

emirates baggage query

emirates baggage query

Old May 12th 2008, 11:48 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice
Default emirates baggage query

Hi,

i haven't been on the site for a while now but my partner and i are looking to book our flights from birmingham to brisbane for september.

i have just phoned emirates to ask about baggage allowance. They told me that it would be the normal 20kg per person as we don't have indefinate stay on our visa. we have a 5 year permanent residents visa and as that has been activated already we are only entitled to the standard allowance. Has anyone had this problem and been able to get any joy in an increased allowance.
Old May 12th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: emirates baggage query

I have heard numerous times that if the visa has already been validated it doesnt count. sorry. x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by barry f
Hi,

i haven't been on the site for a while now but my partner and i are looking to book our flights from birmingham to brisbane for september.

i have just phoned emirates to ask about baggage allowance. They told me that it would be the normal 20kg per person as we don't have indefinate stay on our visa. we have a 5 year permanent residents visa and as that has been activated already we are only entitled to the standard allowance. Has anyone had this problem and been able to get any joy in an increased allowance.
If youve validated then 20's your lot!!! However if you call and speak to them in advance 9 times out of 10 they will give you a bit more... We flew Malaysia in Jan uary and they gave us 30kgs each instead of the standard 20kgs.. It comes down to the mood of the telephone operator on the day im afraid!!
Old May 12th 2008, 12:11 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Or try a different airline C x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:49 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Make sure you get it right.... We have flown Emirates a few times now and they are great, but on the way out when we emigrated, we were overweight (our fault) and they wanted almost $600!
Old May 12th 2008, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Make sure you get it right.... We have flown Emirates a few times now and they are great, but on the way out when we emigrated, we were overweight (our fault) and they wanted almost $600!
Try

Emirates UK Online Department:
Tel: 0870 737 1251
Fax: 01625 445262
Email: [email protected]
Old May 12th 2008, 1:02 pm
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

thanks for the replies. i really want to fly emirates for convenience more than anything as birmingham is by far the nearest airport. i'll keep phoning until i get to speak to someone nice then get it booked.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

Hi, when we emigrated my husband managed to get an extra 20 kgs with Emirates but I didn't. We had already validated the visa but we phoned them to try and see what we could get. He had to send a copy of the visa as proof (we didn't mention that we had already validated). The kids and I didn't get it because we had a stop over in Dubai - my husband flew a few days later and flew direct. Give them a ring and just see what they can do for you. Good luck
Old May 12th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

Just noticed your wife is a secondary PE teacher - so am I - if she needs any help or advice just contact me.
Michelle
Old May 12th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

I swear you're allowed 32KG of luggage on emirates

We always have more than 20KG of luggage and they say nothing
btw we all have two suitcases so it's not when people say 'you can have 2 - 20KG or 1 - 20+KG.
All they do is stick a green label on it saying HEAVY and that's it!

I mean we fly with emirates almost everytime and they say nothing.

As long as you dont go over 32KG you should be fine

Vik
Old May 12th 2008, 6:52 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viksta1000
I swear you're allowed 32KG of luggage on emirates

We always have more than 20KG of luggage and they say nothing
btw we all have two suitcases so it's not when people say 'you can have 2 - 20KG or 1 - 20+KG.
All they do is stick a green label on it saying HEAVY and that's it!

I mean we fly with emirates almost everytime and they say nothing.

As long as you dont go over 32KG you should be fine

Vik
No you dont. Economy allowance is 20. If the flight is full then fuel can be an issue at which point the check in staff will start being strict on baggage. If the flights not and the check in staff are feeing nice then you may get away with a couple of kilo's more. Other than that expect to pay sadly.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Centurion
No you dont. Economy allowance is 20. If the flight is full then fuel can be an issue at which point the check in staff will start being strict on baggage. If the flights not and the check in staff are feeing nice then you may get away with a couple of kilo's more. Other than that expect to pay sadly.
Right people, rung my cousin who works for emirates

She said that baggage cannot exceed 23KG, however they will accept upto 32KG however a fine MAY occur above 23KG. Anything above 32KG will be refused

So all i can say is either keep to the limitations...or chat up the lady at check-in and hope she lets you on with free baggage

Vik
Old May 12th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

The confusion here is you are not allowed to check in ANY bags over 32KGS. Even if there are 4 of you with just one bag of 33KGS it will be refused.. you will have to buy another bag and split it. Economy flights are 20KGS across the board....
Old May 12th 2008, 11:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
Economy flights are 20KGS across the board....
Not really.....BA will give you 1 bag at 23kg on a flight to Aus. Any routing involving North Amercia will also give a higher baggage allowance regardless of the airline.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not really.....BA will give you 1 bag at 23kg on a flight to Aus. Any routing involving North Amercia will also give a higher baggage allowance regardless of the airline.
Sorry, I meant Asia....

The Yanks have to give a bigger allowance for those who super size their Maccas!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.