Reload this Page >

Emigration advice!!

Emigration advice!!

Old Mar 13th 2016, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

petek84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigration advice!!

Hi all,
My gf,child and I are considering emigrating from the uk to Australia (Queensland/Nsw preferably) and are in need of advice,I will state that it's only a pipe dream at the minute and are basically at the first steps,
I am a fully qualified gas engineer for British Gas and my gf is involved in admin/patient liason for nhs we also have a four year old boy,
So the advice I need is the following;
-how much will we earn on average?
-how easy is it to find a job?
-how easy is it to transfer qualifications?
-visa fees/type?
-is the cost of living to our average wage going to give us a good quality of life?
-should I go with savings and then find a job or find one before I go?

Hopefully you guys may shed some light on this as all I read is the bad points and seem to keep hitting a brick wall,
Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 13th 2016, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigration advice!!

You have already asked this question, and received replies:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/plumb...sydney-840625/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...tralia-851002/
Old Mar 13th 2016, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

petek84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teejaydee

Thanks for your extremely helpful reply pal,
My partner posted them over a year ago and a lot has changed since and I'd hope things may have changed in the gas industry in oz
Old Mar 13th 2016, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petek84
My partner posted them over a year ago and a lot has changed since and I'd hope things may have changed in the gas industry in oz
The visas and visa process has not particularly changed in the last year since you last looked at it. If things have changed in the gas industry, then I would unfortunately assume that they have changed for the worst, so not sure why you are hoping for change. Have you tried to google or use SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site to look up job opportunities and salary survey type information?
Old Mar 14th 2016, 10:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petek84
If you mean the new LNG industry then you have basically missed the boat. All the plants have been completed or nearly so. Production phase will require far fewer workers and it will be very hard to break in

The world is drowning in LNG and prices are very low meaning that any future expansions are doubtful for the foreseeable future. So a 4th train at Gorgon, Woodside's floating LNG etc ain't going to happen

Good luck