Ellenbrook

Old Aug 9th 2010, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ellenbrook

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Indeed Not saying you cant have an opinion but if you havent ever lived here you cant really comment on Ellenbrook as a whole. One person may have had bad experiences living somewhere but that doesnt give someone a true picture of the place. Every suburb has its good & bad points but to say you shouldnt live here cos of flies & the heat then that pretty covers the whole of Perth. Not saying it was you who said that I cant remember but comments like that really are ridiculous. I would never bad mouth a place that I have never lived in. Yes everyone has their opinion but I wouldnt really take any notice of people who have only heard 2nd hand what a place is like and never lived there.
They do live there ?????.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eugene43
They do live there ?????.
But you dont!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Ianhutch1 still hasn't said whether BE members from The Vines are invited to his BBQ?
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Cant see why not, the more the merrier
Old Aug 19th 2010, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

rgvlee is an unknown quantity at this point

We got a letter from city of swan last night about a change to the DAP in the 9C release. They are informing everyone about an increase in access to allow for the 6m driveway openings and asking for objections and comments. Can't think of a reason anyone would object and now that everyone knows about it I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more opt to get their walls amended.

We're going ahead with the amendment. After seeing some of the siteworks and how close the garage will be to the wall it is going to be a necessity.

Nothing else new house wise for us, currently we're trying to decide on tiles, laminates and stone bench top colours. Luckily this is really all we have left to pick.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

clayts75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rgvlee
We got a letter from city of swan last night about a change to the DAP in the 9C release. They are informing everyone about an increase in access to allow for the 6m driveway openings and asking for objections and comments. Can't think of a reason anyone would object and now that everyone knows about it I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more opt to get their walls amended.

We're going ahead with the amendment. After seeing some of the siteworks and how close the garage will be to the wall it is going to be a necessity.

Nothing else new house wise for us, currently we're trying to decide on tiles, laminates and stone bench top colours. Luckily this is really all we have left to pick.
Yeah got the same letter yesterday. Seemed funny how they are in the application process yet told me that the work was beginning on Monday this week!!
Just waiting for the bank to pull their finger out now so we can get this pad laid and finally see some action. Hoping to see the pad down by mid September if all goes well.
I was up at the block 2 weeks ago and saw someone was just about ready to lay their pad by the look of it so that's a good sign.
Anyone been advised about the soakwells that have to be installed according to council? On my plan they have shown where i am supposed to install 3 inter-connecting soakwells but they are well away from the house so seems a bit odd. I already feel sorry for my nephew having to dig the bloody holes!! LOL
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Not heard anything about the soak well requirements yet, but we're not that far along yet.

Doesn't surprise me given the retaining in the area.

How big are the soakwells meant to be?

There is one pad down on karridale, it's a celebrations build.

Also some twit has driven a truck along the path on karridale, cracked the path in a fair few spots and smashed a couple of the telstra manholes. Idiots.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Not heard anything about the soak well requirements yet, but we're not that far along yet.

Doesn't surprise me given the retaining in the area.

How big are the soakwells meant to be?

There is one pad down on karridale, it's a celebrations build.

Also some twit has driven a truck along the path on karridale, cracked the path in a fair few spots and smashed a couple of the telstra manholes. Idiots.
I hope it's not broken outside my plot as the owner is up for all repair costs!! lol
The soakwells shown on my plan were 1500x1200, 1200x1200 and 900x1200...i think. But normally you just place a soakwell at each downpipe and that's sufficent. Or place a rainwater tank in it's place if preferred i guess. Either way it's a lot of digging
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

It's about halfway along the street on your side unfortunately, I didn't take note as to which blocks had their paths damaged.

It hasn't been damaged by you or your builder. If it were me and they were asking me to stump up the $$ for repairs I'd be disputing it, maybe a bridge to cross if you get there. I'd go out there and take photos just to be safe.

It's clear to see someone has driven a truck along there, probably to deliver supplies to one of the blocks.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

It's about halfway along the street on your side unfortunately, I didn't take note as to which blocks had their paths damaged.

It hasn't been damaged by you or your builder. If it were me and they were asking me to stump up the $$ for repairs I'd be disputing it, maybe a bridge to cross if you get there. I'd go out there and take photos just to be safe.

It's clear to see someone has driven a truck along there, probably to deliver supplies to one of the blocks.
Good idea to take photos, probably keep a log book too. We live in an older area and the path outside our place looked as it was original, with many cracks. Before we demolished our old place, I contacted the council and they sent someone out to inspect and we also took photos, so that damage was identified as being caused before we did our demolition/building work. The damage can be caused by someone else's builder, so good to keep records and take photos. We had to pay a footpath bond to our council, which was about $500, before works started, which is not money you want to lose later.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Checked out the paths today on karridale... clayts & ian... you're 7122 and 7124? They both have cracked paths. The tyre tracks are still clearly visible though.

Work has begun on widening the driveway openings, the block next to us is not far from being finished. It looks like they are doing it properly i.e., cutting the bricks at the mortar joins. Good chance it won't be noticable when finished.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Checked out the paths today on karridale... clayts & ian... you're 7122 and 7124? They both have cracked paths. The tyre tracks are still clearly visible though.

Work has begun on widening the driveway openings, the block next to us is not far from being finished. It looks like they are doing it properly i.e., cutting the bricks at the mortar joins. Good chance it won't be noticable when finished.
Yeah i took a drive out there Sunday to check the cracks etc. Took some pics and will contact council just to see what they say. Really not sure why any truck would need to drive along there anyway. Most of the damage is outside 7123 but mine, 7122, has had the drain cover completely smashed and the pavement has fallen away. Good start!! lol
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I just remembered something from our build. Make sure to check other items, such as any Telstra features, power or plumbing connections. There is a Telstra pit just outside our boundary, between the fence and the footpath, and we reported it damaged before demolition/building. Telstra tried to charge us for replacing, but we had the records to show it was damaged beforehand. Any photos or records that you have may help your new neighbours, too.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:25 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We have finaly secured a lot on Woburn Park - Berrington Trail... Let the fun begin
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We have finaly secured a lot on Woburn Park - Berrington Trail... Let the fun begin
Great news, congrats!!! Like u say, now the fun begins hey!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.