Ellenbrook

Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ellenbrook

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Sorry, I have just realised that you are in Woodvale and not in the UK. Didn't mean to sound like you didn't know what it was like!

Are you not liking Woodvale?
Lol, you were right first time. We are still in UK and are searching for good locations and have picked up on a few names on this forum.

Woodvale sounds pretty popular but we won't be over until 2011 so plenty of research time. Just want an idea on prices so my hubby can forecast expenses etc.

Thanks Tracy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

ooooh god. I must put my whisky and diet coke down. I thought this thread was started by petensue who are in Woodvale
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Well the land doesnt complete until April then we will have 7/8 months of build time so should hopefully be in by Christmas.

Our plot is on Karridale Vista in what they call the "dress circle" and the plans for it look amazing. It's one of the signature streets with no small blocks and no allowed sub division we should hopefully avoid any of the "less desirables" mentioned above which I assume are mostly contained to the older part of the suburb which is well away from all the new development.
Very nice.We drove by it today and saw some lovely houses and blocks of land backing onto trees.Sue.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

ooooh god. I must put my whisky and diet coke down. I thought this thread was started by petensue who are in Woodvale
Oops yes it was, your reply came to my e mail so i replied. Sorry for the confusion and that whiskey and coke is sounding rather good right about now!!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I am getting confused nowI did start the thread as we would like to get more for our money and our three bedroomed house is a bit to open plan for us and we will never beable to afford a 4 bedroomed house here.I like Woodvale but not the house prices and we moved here because of the good schools but after how my oldest has been it did not do her much good and I think if you want to learn you can do that at most schools within reason.Sue.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Sue, dont go there!

My cousin bought there last year as they are poor - and they have done a shared ownership scheme as thats all they could afford. They used to rent in Connelly.....
They tell me they hate it cos its full of less desirable folk who ride trail bikes, have parties etc..... They have 2 little kids and hate it there. They have power cuts all of the time and she drives back to here everyday to shop and take her kids to clubs here as she thinks facilities are better here eg. dancing, go bananas, hillarys etc....

I went there yesterday for Aus day at theirs and their block was like a postage stamp and it was boiling there was no sea breeze! My cousin said that they never go outside as lots of flies and too hot. I think you would really miss Woodvale if you moved there. Its in the middle of no-where!

if you like Woodvale, I would not advise you to go there but if you dont like Woodvale you may like it there.

Laura
You have got me worried now.I thought the government were going to sort out the power cut problem?

It is funny but I am more worried by this move(if we do move)than moving from England!Sue.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

The solution is to sort out the power cut problem yourself and get solar put in. For around $10k I believe you can power your house pretty much all year and even earn money back by selling any excess back to the power company.

I think to be honest it should be compulsory over here, along with water tanks which funnily enough we are required to have on our plot.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:22 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
You have got me worried now.I thought the government were going to sort out the power cut problem?

It is funny but I am more worried by this move(if we do move)than moving from England!Sue.
Hi Sue, sorry to worry you, but after what my cousin and his wife say about living there, I could never advise anyone to move there, when I am driving there it really feels like its in the middle of no where, people hardly visit them anymore as everyone says its too far, and I can see why (I hate the drive down Gnagara Road).

Apparently, the leccy box there is not big enough for all the houses there, and they say that they are working on it - but cant give any time scales. The Avealey village or something is on a different sub station and thats the only bit that doesnt seem to get power cuts. I think that they are trying to feed too many houses and just keep adding more without up grading it. I know they have no power every time its over 40 degrees. And they have a 5 month old baby too!

My Cus lives right in the new bit in an elevated cottage block, has nice views and looks gorgeous. They cannot afford to live anywhere else so have no choice but to live there until they can sell up and make enough money to move back to 'civilisation' as they put it.

All of the new houses there I looked at in the display village are all very open plan. We are in the same boat as you, (we would love to get into Woodvale/Ocean Reef but just cant afford it) so after much deliberation, we have decided to re finance our house and make it bigger - you lose $50k on your move in fees anyway, so after that, we would be back to square one as we would lose any profit we had made.

I can't understand how people manage to move up the property ladder here - the stamp duty and fees just flatten you every time

maybe you could rent out your house and rent for 6 months in Ellenbrook to see if you like it first? I know that there are lots of houses on the market there too.

Anyway Good luck with whatever you decide, if you need to ask anymore, let me know and I can ask my cus, I am sure there are some good points about living there, its just not their cup of tea.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The proposed rail link to Ellenbrook will never happen - it's going to cost $1.5b in today's money (probably double that by the time it's finished - 2014 at least) and there is not the population to justify it.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice.We drove by it today and saw some lovely houses and blocks of land backing onto trees.Sue.
Don't be fooled by that Sue. Our house overlooks trees too, but the long term plan is that they will all be razed to make way for the next suburb. Within the next few years all those trees could be gone to make way for more houses.
Hi Sue, sorry to worry you, but after what my cousin and his wife say about living there, I could never advise anyone to move there,
Sorry, but how can you know what it's like to live somewhere because one person says it's crap? Do you have any firsthand knowledge of living there?

We were told by dozens of people not to move to Clarkson because it was full of bogans and criminals, but our experience of living there was good. See, if I were asked what's it like living in Clarkson I could probably give an informed answer and not just hearsay. Ellenbrook? I only know a couple of people who live there and they seem quite happy with their decisions.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Sue, dont go there!

My cousin bought there last year as they are poor - and they have done a shared ownership scheme as thats all they could afford. They used to rent in Connelly.....
They tell me they hate it cos its full of less desirable folk who ride trail bikes, have parties etc..... They have 2 little kids and hate it there. They have power cuts all of the time and she drives back to here everyday to shop and take her kids to clubs here as she thinks facilities are better here eg. dancing, go bananas, hillarys etc....

I went there yesterday for Aus day at theirs and their block was like a postage stamp and it was boiling there was no sea breeze! My cousin said that they never go outside as lots of flies and too hot. I think you would really miss Woodvale if you moved there. Its in the middle of no-where!

if you like Woodvale, I would not advise you to go there but if you dont like Woodvale you may like it there.

Laura
looked round it at christmas & its an oasis of nothing.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I am getting confused nowI did start the thread as we would like to get more for our money and our three bedroomed house is a bit to open plan for us and we will never beable to afford a 4 bedroomed house here.I like Woodvale but not the house prices and we moved here because of the good schools but after how my oldest has been it did not do her much good and I think if you want to learn you can do that at most schools within reason.Sue.
It was me and a couple of drinks confusing matters I answered your thread about the electrics and the heat if you have no power before I realised you are already here so will be fully aware!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:55 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Sorry, but how can you know what it's like to live somewhere because one person says it's crap? Do you have any firsthand knowledge of living there?

We were told by dozens of people not to move to Clarkson because it was full of bogans and criminals, but our experience of living there was good. See, if I were asked what's it like living in Clarkson I could probably give an informed answer and not just hearsay. Ellenbrook? I only know a couple of people who live there and they seem quite happy with their decisions.
I agree I can't give an informed answer personally as I have never lived there and I never would for my own reasons (want to live by the ocean, train links, reminds me of lego-land) hence why I chose to tell Sue some facts from someone who lives there, and moved there from an area similar to Woodvale.

Sue asked for advice on Ellenbrook, so I told her what I knew and pointed out it was my cousin who lived there, its then up to Sue to make her own decisions. Everything I mentioned is factual so Sue can look into the power cuts, temperatures etc.. they are on the news often enough.

I actually know a few people who lived in Ellenbrook and moved on as they did not like it there, for reasons if I mentioned could be classes as 'hearsay' as don't talk to them or know them as well I know my cousin. I also have another cousin who lived there and loves it there, although she cant give me any reasons why, she just does. However, she is 22 and has lived in WA all her life and grow up in Mirribooka, some may refer to her as a bogan, but she is happy there (again I didn't mention this earlier as I did not feel that it had any facts in it that I could offer Sue, it is purely 'hearsay').

I was only trying to help
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:08 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Well the land doesnt complete until April then we will have 7/8 months of build time so should hopefully be in by Christmas.

Our plot is on Karridale Vista in what they call the "dress circle" and the plans for it look amazing. It's one of the signature streets with no small blocks and no allowed sub division we should hopefully avoid any of the "less desirables" mentioned above which I assume are mostly contained to the older part of the suburb which is well away from all the new development.
Just a word of warning about referring to 'current' plans as with the developer in this area they later apply to the council at Swan and successfully get rezoning agreed with smaller blocks in your subdivision and the 'villages' become larger and rip out all the trees you see on the plan. Unless it is a 'bush forever site' in my experience any view/trees will go and any planned landscaping will not be done.
I live in Woburn Park (inbetween Ellenbrook and The Vines) which was sold as a 'private country estate' which now is anything but! They guaranteed trees and minimum size of 1000sqm blocks and they have ripped out all the trees and just asked for planning consent to release blocks of 180sqm for 'shared housing'.
I agree there is not much here for the amount of population and you have to drive everywhere.
I understand Ellenbrook itself has quite high petty crime figures for break ins etc and there are signs around telling people to be vigilant, the local population of African/Somalian descent seems to be blamed but I don't think there is any evidence of this.
There is a high proportion of rented accomodation in Ellenbrook available for those building though.
There is also a restrictive convenant in place which restricts new commercial development/services in the town centre area too.
It is the developers philosophy to include state housing in all of the 'villages' so you may not see it on your stage of block release but you probably will in the future releases......once you have bought your block.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Thats interesting FiP, our street has been sold to us as the link below are you saying that this is likely not to happen?

http://www.beyondtheplan.com.au/Docu...e_brochure.pdf

The impressions are all of the street we have bought on surely if this is how we have been sold the land and it doesnt end up like this we have recourse to sue the developer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.