Ellenbrook

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ellenbrook

I have done a search on Ellenbrook but wonder if anyone from there can let me know how they like living there.We are thinking of moving up that way I want to get as much information as I can.I know the place is split into villages each with it's own primary school with one secondary school up to year 10 and are building years 11 to 12 at the moment.

I would be grateful for any information.Sue.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ellenbrook

Are you moving out just as all us from Blighty invade Woodvale?

Only kidding! Would be interested in the responses you get.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:51 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

No way I would ever live in Ellenbrook
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Ellenbrook is divided up into villages... Woodlake is the oldest, then there is charlottes Vineyard, Coolamon and Malvan Spring. There are quite a few primary schools in Ellenbrook. Currently there is a state high school.. Ellenbrook Secondary College, currently serving year 7 to 11. My girls go to Ellenbrook Secondary College and enjoy it. They have a big music program there, and a huge theatre. There are also 2 private schools, Ellenbrook Christian College and Swan Valley Anglican School.

We have the shops at ellenbrook (with stage 2 set to start construction later this year.. going to have Big W and another grocery store). The new tavern is under construction, and we have a new dome cafe as well as various fast food outlets.

Ellenbrook is not everyones cup of tea, but we like it. Public transport links are very poor, we were supposed to be getting a train line put in, but the new state government has kaboshed that at the moment. It does get a little hotter out here, as the doctor sometimes doesn't make it in this far inland.

Perth is not that far, about a 40 min drive. West Swan road, is around the corner and tons of local wineries on tap.

For the kids, we have a library, state swim school and a brand new water splash park, plus a leash free dog park and skateboard area as well for the older kids.

Hope this helps.

Karen
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Are you moving out just as all us from Blighty invade Woodvale?

Only kidding! Would be interested in the responses you get.
It is just a coincidence I promiseSue.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Weebie
No way I would ever live in Ellenbrook
OK........
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Ellenbrook is divided up into villages... Woodlake is the oldest, then there is charlottes Vineyard, Coolamon and Malvan Spring. There are quite a few primary schools in Ellenbrook. Currently there is a state high school.. Ellenbrook Secondary College, currently serving year 7 to 11. My girls go to Ellenbrook Secondary College and enjoy it. They have a big music program there, and a huge theatre. There are also 2 private schools, Ellenbrook Christian College and Swan Valley Anglican School.

We have the shops at ellenbrook (with stage 2 set to start construction later this year.. going to have Big W and another grocery store). The new tavern is under construction, and we have a new dome cafe as well as various fast food outlets.

Ellenbrook is not everyones cup of tea, but we like it. Public transport links are very poor, we were supposed to be getting a train line put in, but the new state government has kaboshed that at the moment. It does get a little hotter out here, as the doctor sometimes doesn't make it in this far inland.

Perth is not that far, about a 40 min drive. West Swan road, is around the corner and tons of local wineries on tap.

For the kids, we have a library, state swim school and a brand new water splash park, plus a leash free dog park and skateboard area as well for the older kids.

Hope this helps.

Karen
Thanks for thatThe splash park is what swung it for my 5 year old daughter!

We looked at land and house packages but the thought of a year in a rental has put us off.We looked at a couple of houses in Charlottes Vineyard and an older house that we all liked apart from my 13 year old who likes new houses.

Now it's just the small thing of getting the house ready to sellSue.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We have just bought a plot of land on Naturaliste at Malvern Springs, never considered living "out in the sticks" but fell in love with it when we visited last week and have took the plunge.

Looking forward to building our own house and moving in, good to hear some nice feedback about the place
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
We have just bought a plot of land on Naturaliste at Malvern Springs, never considered living "out in the sticks" but fell in love with it when we visited last week and have took the plunge.

Looking forward to building our own house and moving in, good to hear some nice feedback about the place
Lucky you.How long will it take?

We have just looked at a land house package at Malvern Springs at Brixton Crescent and a couple at Woodside View I think it was called.It would just be to difficult and take so long to sell this house and then find a rental for a year with two dogs.Sue.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:07 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Sue, dont go there!

My cousin bought there last year as they are poor - and they have done a shared ownership scheme as thats all they could afford. They used to rent in Connelly.....
They tell me they hate it cos its full of less desirable folk who ride trail bikes, have parties etc..... They have 2 little kids and hate it there. They have power cuts all of the time and she drives back to here everyday to shop and take her kids to clubs here as she thinks facilities are better here eg. dancing, go bananas, hillarys etc....

I went there yesterday for Aus day at theirs and their block was like a postage stamp and it was boiling there was no sea breeze! My cousin said that they never go outside as lots of flies and too hot. I think you would really miss Woodvale if you moved there. Its in the middle of no-where!

if you like Woodvale, I would not advise you to go there but if you dont like Woodvale you may like it there.

Laura
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

If you want to live even further away from civilisation, then go for it.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by petensue
Lucky you.How long will it take?

We have just looked at a land house package at Malvern Springs at Brixton Crescent and a couple at Woodside View I think it was called.It would just be to difficult and take so long to sell this house and then find a rental for a year with two dogs.Sue.
Well the land doesnt complete until April then we will have 7/8 months of build time so should hopefully be in by Christmas.

Our plot is on Karridale Vista in what they call the "dress circle" and the plans for it look amazing. It's one of the signature streets with no small blocks and no allowed sub division we should hopefully avoid any of the "less desirables" mentioned above which I assume are mostly contained to the older part of the suburb which is well away from all the new development.

Last edited by ianhutch1; Jan 27th 2010 at 11:33 am.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by petensue
Thanks for thatThe splash park is what swung it for my 5 year old daughter!

We looked at land and house packages but the thought of a year in a rental has put us off.We looked at a couple of houses in Charlottes Vineyard and an older house that we all liked apart from my 13 year old who likes new houses.

Now it's just the small thing of getting the house ready to sellSue.
What sort of prices are the houses in woodvale for say a 3 bedroom detatched without a pool?

Cheers Tracy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

A 3 bed in Woodvale would be around the $450-500 mark. Have a look on the reiwa website.

I hope this works.

http://reiwa.com.au/lst/lst-ressale-results.cfm

If you need the postcode it is 6026.

Ellenbrook has terrible problems with power cuts. There was something on the news a few nights ago and they had around their 10th of the year so far. There is a woman camping out at the power company until they get things sorted but apparently the cabling into Ellenbrook isn't sufficient for the population and it will take millions to sort.

You might think a powercut isn't too bad but when it is 40+ degrees outside and you have no sea breeze and no aircon it will be horrendous.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, I have just realised that you are in Woodvale and not in the UK. Didn't mean to sound like you didn't know what it was like!

Are you not liking Woodvale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.