Electrician emigrating

Electrician emigrating

Old Oct 19th 2004, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

daveleegreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrician emigrating

Originally Posted by tommy the electrician
hi dave
next question regarding past employers references if company no longer exists which in my case is the case. what do you do about that any ideas ive got wage slips from them still but that is all i have
im hoping to get in on the stni scheme as im a bit short on the points system 5 points to be exact after my tra i will approach an agent to deal with the visa side of things by the way (trying not to sound to thick)what is the 138 application
Tommy

With regard to you ex employers not in exsistance anymore just write a stat dec, stating the duration of your employment, employers address, your position, materials and tools used and how you carried out your tasks down to the last detail!!!!

Then take it down to your local magistrate court read it out in front of a JP and get them to sign it.

See below

Statutory Declaration

I .......... of ............., do solemnly and sincerely declare that .......

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true by virtue of the statutory declarations Act 1835.

Signed

Print

Date

Witness Signed

Print

Witness position

Address

Date

Make sure you get 2 copies because I think you may have to send a copy with your main application

If you were/are a JIB spark send your Electricians completeion certificate with your TRA application if you have'nt got it, contact the JIB they can get a copy for £10

Don't forget include all your apprenticeship on/off the job training. If the employer not in exsistance is the one you served your time with.

Hope this helps

138 is the classification of our application which is Aus Sponsered
Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Just to keep the tread live, I have just completed my TRA application as an electrician, submission over the next few weeks, if anyone needs help (electricians only I am afraid) let me know.

I have noticed that there are a lot of ways to apply as a spark, so please post on this site, if its a template you after PM me.

Regards
Thrud MIIE IEng MAPM

(LOL)
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

tommy the electrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Electrician emigrating

Originally Posted by Thrud
Just to keep the tread live, I have just completed my TRA application as an electrician, submission over the next few weeks, if anyone needs help (electricians only I am afraid) let me know.

I have noticed that there are a lot of ways to apply as a spark, so please post on this site, if its a template you after PM me.

Regards
Thrud MIIE IEng MAPM

(LOL)
hi thrud im getting close to submitting tra aswell got all ex employer references done im now working on the [experience in occupation] part,trying to workout best way of getting this down on paper is the hard part .
and what other ways is there to apply as a spark, and this template is it for the experience in occupation part if it is let us have a copy please mate.

cheers Tommy
electrician
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

tommy the electrician is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards
Thrud MIIE IEng MAPM

(LOL)
been trying to reply to your email but says adress is not known i will keep trying
cheers mate
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:19 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Another spark looking at a move to sunnier climbs, has anyone any reference or TRA tips, I am just starting out.

Cheers or Gday
I'm also spark. Trust me you can geta job in SYDNEY if you are not licensed. But its harder. If you can get a license when you arrive(costs few hunded $) but you can get a job without it, I too will be returning 2006 and i will have the same prob. Though it is possible to get a job.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

AustMH is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=leannefr]Hi Terry..
Did (or do you) you need to pass a first aid course for part of the licence application??
Im moving to Brisbane in 5 weeks.
I was going to do one over here thru the firm i work for(CHEEKY) but ive been told that the tra will not consider it, and will have to do one over there.
Cheers
Darren..[/QUOTE
]
Hi Terry,

My husband is an Electrical Contractor in Brisbane, we have had our own business for 25 years. We have employed newly arrived electricians before and helped them get their licence. We have always been happy with their work. Let us know if you would like to see us when you arrive, as we have a vacancy.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

AustMH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leannefr
Hi Terry..
Did (or do you) you need to pass a first aid course for part of the licence application??
Im moving to Brisbane in 5 weeks.
I was going to do one over here thru the firm i work for(CHEEKY) but ive been told that the tra will not consider it, and will have to do one over there.
Cheers
Darren..
Darren,

We are electrical contractors, in Brisbane, we may be able to assist you, as we have a vacancy at the moment and have previously employed newly arrived migrants and helped them to gain their licence. please email us [email protected] if you require any info, or reply through this forum
Old Nov 14th 2004, 8:51 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AustMH
Darren,

We are electrical contractors, in Brisbane, we may be able to assist you, as we have a vacancy at the moment and have previously employed newly arrived migrants and helped them to gain their licence. please email us [email protected] if you require any info, or reply through this forum
Cheers for that.I`m currently working at the moment for a firm in Tarragindi called EDSS. I have just sent off my papers (CPR etc) to get my temp licence.
Once i get that i will prob have to do a course and some exams.
Do you know what sort of practical exams i will have to do??
Any info would be great.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Think the practical consists of connecting and testing a ccu. the TAFFE told me they could come out to site to look at my work and watch me demonstrate testing. There is also a 2hr theory exam which sounds frightening. The exam fee is $750, may change my career to a college lecture.

Terry
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leannefr
Cheers john
My chap is a industrial,commercial,domestic sparky,rewires(rarely),testing,new shops,new builds,air con,houses ,that kind of thing and we are hoping to settle in Brisbane!!!!!!!
Hi

I have been reading all the electrician threads as my hubby (Ashley) is a self-employed sparky here and wants to try and go it alone when we get over to oz. We're thinking about either Perth (he has relatives there) or Bisbane - I prefer the latter - but not sure about job opportunities in either place.

The message you posted on this thread was almost a year ago now, how are things going with your own emigration process?

Regards
Kari
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi

I have been reading all the electrician threads as my hubby (Ashley) is a self-employed sparky here and wants to try and go it alone when we get over to oz. We're thinking about either Perth (he has relatives there) or Bisbane - I prefer the latter - but not sure about job opportunities in either place.

The message you posted on this thread was almost a year ago now, how are things going with your own emigration process?

Regards
Kari
Hi Kari, you may have some problems with the self employment side of things, let me have some more details, if you have an agent they would be abet to offer more up to date advice.

My application, well things are going slowley but currently I have had my trade recognised and am now sorting out an area to apply for which will be in in WA area.

If I can help ask away.

Regards
Thrud
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

benna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kari, you may have some problems with the self employment side of things, let me have some more details, if you have an agent they would be abet to offer more up to date advice.

My application, well things are going slowley but currently I have had my trade recognised and am now sorting out an area to apply for which will be in in WA area.

If I can help ask away.

Regards
Thrud

Hello, To become self employed in QLD you have to have held your normal electrical licence for a year and then you have to do your contractors licence, then you can work for yourself !!! They dont make it easy for you, Good Luck

Clairex
Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

If I can help ask away.

Regards
Thrud
Thanks for the info - we were sure that he would have to be employed first and as someone lse said, the all important Oz experience counts for a lot and so it should.

Hubby has been self employed for about 12 years - just a sole trader so no great shakes (couldnt consider getting a business visa, lucky to have anything in the business account each months after wholesalers etc have been paid !!)

Anyhow, the dream is a long way off for us but closer for you so good luck.

Kind regards
Kari
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

kev&ang is an unknown quantity at this point

If my last employer was the one that went under, and we do a stat declaration what proof does the magistrate require that the company has gone ?
Kev

Last edited by kev∠ Feb 28th 2005 at 9:11 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:50 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Kev,

Have you tried looking at the Companies House records? Have a look here:
http://www.companies-house.gov.uk/

Alternatively (or additionally), maybe contact the company's liquidator for confirmation that the company has been wound up.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by kev&ang
If my last employer was the one that went under, and we do a stat declaration what proof does the magistrate require that the company has gone ?
Kev