Reload this Page >

Electrical Training Australia

Electrical Training Australia

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Guysmiley91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Training Australia

Hi,

Back in England I was working as an electricians mate, other than a short electricians course to be a domestic installer I don't have qualifications.

As a UK citizen is it possible to train to be a fully qualified electrician in Australia? If so could people kindly recommend different avenues?

Thank you in advance

Guy
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Training Australia

Originally Posted by Guysmiley91
Hi,

Back in England I was working as an electricians mate, other than a short electricians course to be a domestic installer I don't have qualifications.

As a UK citizen is it possible to train to be a fully qualified electrician in Australia? If so could people kindly recommend different avenues?

Thank you in advance

Guy
You might be able to do classroom courses on a student visa, but would be very expensive. Visas permitting full time work are for skilled people though, not trainees / apprentices.

You would be better off training in the UK, then it might provide an avenue to Australia later. If you are between 18 and 30 you can get a working holiday visa but the restrictions on the visa and its temporary nature are likely to mean you would not be able to secure a training position.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Guysmiley91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You might be able to do classroom courses on a student visa, but would be very expensive. Visas permitting full time work are for skilled people though, not trainees / apprentices.

You would be better off training in the UK, then it might provide an avenue to Australia later. If you are between 18 and 30 you can get a working holiday visa but the restrictions on the visa and its temporary nature are likely to mean you would not be able to secure a training position.
Ahh that's a shame, I was hoping to be able to do the training whilst abroad. Would this be likely to be the same in Europe as well? Or would it be different as I am from the UK?
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guysmiley91
Ahh that's a shame, I was hoping to be able to do the training whilst abroad. Would this be likely to be the same in Europe as well? Or would it be different as I am from the UK?
Different rules for different places. I am not familiar with working in Europe but would you have a language barrier to contend with?