NSW QLD Boarder

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NSW QLD Boarder

So although this is a potentially future issue....

the wife and i are looking at moving to the gold coast area when eventually i get through this visa process (hopefully). im a plumber and noticed the boarder between nsw and qld is roughly tweed heads and coolangatta and each state has its own plumbing regs i believe so for example if i move to tweed heads i have to do nsw re training and does this mean i can only work in nsw?

partly just interested but also if i go state sponsorship it gives me another 5 points but just wondering how that effects my ability to find work if i live so close to the state line?

anyone know?
Old Oct 29th 2017, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW QLD Boarder

Check this:

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Old Nov 10th 2017, 8:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got his Air Con licence in QLD and his first job was with a NSW co and he worked in both states with no issue.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 1:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My husband got his Air Con licence in QLD and his first job was with a NSW co and he worked in both states with no issue.
I recall getting a notice that both were accepted in the border area, but couldn't find it to quote so wasn't sure if it was just sparks or not.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

oh that would make sense i was interested tbh

thanks sparkles

Old Nov 12th 2017, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

Trade recognition is not easy to get. I had city and guilds 1,2,3 & 4 plus gas and they would only give me a licence to work as an apprentice. You can't support a family and a mortgage on apprentice wages. I gave up in the end it was too hard.

edit> I live on the NSW border but I got the licence in QLD. I wouldn't have bothered had they told me it was going to be a provisional licence, this meant being someone skivvi for a couple of years.

Last edited by robowen; Nov 12th 2017 at 7:12 am.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 8:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robowen
Trade recognition is not easy to get. I had city and guilds 1,2,3 & 4 plus gas and they would only give me a licence to work as an apprentice. You can't support a family and a mortgage on apprentice wages. I gave up in the end it was too hard.

edit> I live on the NSW border but I got the licence in QLD. I wouldn't have bothered had they told me it was going to be a provisional licence, this meant being someone skivvi for a couple of years.
All trades get a license requiring a period of supervision initially. That is not to say that you need to be employed as a apprentice. Even then, an adult apprentice would be on 80% of the C10 rate, as a first year I think.

I know all states have their own rules, but I got signed off after 3 months, and my pay went up accordingly. It may be harder on the QLD / NSW so definitely something to factor in when choosing locations
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
All trades get a license requiring a period of supervision initially. That is not to say that you need to be employed as a apprentice. Even then, an adult apprentice would be on 80% of the C10 rate, as a first year I think.

I know all states have their own rules, but I got signed off after 3 months, and my pay went up accordingly. It may be harder on the QLD / NSW so definitely something to factor in when choosing locations
All tradies I know of as well as those I don't know but have seen their ads and vans work both sides of the border. They all show the two licence numbers. Obviously more paperwork for the businesses but I am not aware of any employees themselves having an issue.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

im wondering mostly if your on a 190 visa and can get work across the boarder and not in nsw where your 190 is then where do you stand?

iv been told a 190 is not a legal live and work visa but an obligation but in not sure how that works tbh..