British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Ebay in uk and oz selling through ebay usa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ebay-uk-oz-selling-through-ebay-usa-856021/)

brian.w Apr 8th 2015 12:17 pm

Ebay in uk and oz selling through ebay usa

I have a uk ebay account with approx 900 feedback and uk card and paypal linked to this account.
I have a au ebay account with about 15 feedback and again oz card and paypal linked to this account.

Back in the uk I used my account for lots of buying and selling and instead of logging onto to my uk ebay I logged on to usa ebay with uk details.
This allowed me to be able list on ebay where my item is more seen and the selling market is there.

Now I tried to do same with my au ebay to sell some stuff but it's saying I can't sell international or this way as I have not sold anything yet and various other reasons.
This is annoying as it works better for me.
As I am in australia and item would be picked up from here and any fees would be paid from here I was wondering what I can do?

I was thinking I could use my uk eBay for this but then item would not be collected in uk and fees I would not want to pay with uk account etc. And also any returns again I would not want them sent to uk.
I could change addresses etc but as said I have bank accounts linked to each ebay account for each country and could get messy anyone advise what I can do here to reach my usa market and to be able to list where most these buyers would look through ebay usa.

Pollyana Apr 8th 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Ebay in uk and oz selling through ebay usa

Originally Posted by brian.w (Post 11613471)
I have a uk ebay account with approx 900 feedback and uk card and paypal linked to this account.
I have a au ebay account with about 15 feedback and again oz card and paypal linked to this account.

Back in the uk I used my account for lots of buying and selling and instead of logging onto to my uk ebay I logged on to usa ebay with uk details.
This allowed me to be able list on ebay where my item is more seen and the selling market is there.

Now I tried to do same with my au ebay to sell some stuff but it's saying I can't sell international or this way as I have not sold anything yet and various other reasons.
This is annoying as it works better for me.
As I am in australia and item would be picked up from here and any fees would be paid from here I was wondering what I can do?

I was thinking I could use my uk eBay for this but then item would not be collected in uk and fees I would not want to pay with uk account etc. And also any returns again I would not want them sent to uk.
I could change addresses etc but as said I have bank accounts linked to each ebay account for each country and could get messy anyone advise what I can do here to reach my usa market and to be able to list where most these buyers would look through ebay usa.

When I set up my ebay sellers account I just set it to sell internationally, dead easy. Its got an Aus address, also a UK address for when I want something delivered over there. UK and Aus credit cards are listed on the associated paypal account.
Can't understand why you have a problem. just list your item on ebay Aus and when it says Do you want it available for international buyers to say, say yes.

There really is no need to log into Ebay USA at all. you can't list items on there directly cos you aren't in the US, but you can log into and list them on the Aus site and make them visible to US buyers that way. That also makes them visible to uK buyers. In the last 2 months i have sold to buyers in Aus, UK and US, all through the Aus site.

brian.w Apr 8th 2015 1:17 pm

Ok thanks I will try that but I'm pretty sure as it's been a while since I sold on eBay when back in uk I could log in to ebay USA and list under where I wanted them to be seen etc and sold at in past I maybe getting mixed up but I'm sure I did this way in past.

brian.w Apr 8th 2015 3:41 pm

I listed an item using my oz ebay account and offered international shipping but it's not found on eBay USA or ebay uk etc only shows on eBay au.
I'm not sure if this is correct but does ebay limit you not allow your items to be seen to others i overseas if say you have not sold on au eBay before or not got many ebay feedback?
I only have 15 feedback in oz eBay and not sold on there yet but have almost 900, on uk ebay with selling and buying.
Someone said to contact ebay and have them link the accounts not sure if this is wise or a good thing to do.
Bit of a nightmare as wanted to be able to offer this to worldwide market and not just in oz.

Alfresco Apr 8th 2015 11:54 pm

I just phoned eBay tech support and got them change my billing to my Oz billing ID as I was having to pay in pounds even though I was selling in Oz. It's all working now.

Pollyana Apr 9th 2015 2:02 am

Originally Posted by brian.w (Post 11613648)
I listed an item using my oz ebay account and offered international shipping but it's not found on eBay USA or ebay uk etc only shows on eBay au.
I'm not sure if this is correct but does ebay limit you not allow your items to be seen to others i overseas if say you have not sold on au eBay before or not got many ebay feedback?
I only have 15 feedback in oz eBay and not sold on there yet but have almost 900, on uk ebay with selling and buying.
Someone said to contact ebay and have them link the accounts not sure if this is wise or a good thing to do.
Bit of a nightmare as wanted to be able to offer this to worldwide market and not just in oz.

No idea.
I have my settings ticked on the selling listings to show my items internationally, and they are obviously visible as I get international buyers. You also have to offer an international postage option in the postage section or the item won't show internationally.

brian.w Apr 9th 2015 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11614287)
No idea.
I have my settings ticked on the selling listings to show my items internationally, and they are obviously visible as I get international buyers. You also have to offer an international postage option in the postage section or the item won't show internationally.

I can't even see an option on my settings to show item for international market, I have been on eBay au live chat several times today and they are doing my head in.
First they said cause I have it listed as a fixed auction with the option of a best offer I needed to change this and use auction on what I seen I could list item for what I wanted in hope I get sold or add a buy it now feature.

This is ok but I prefer if I'm getting offers I may want to take the offer,so I did as they said and relisted the auction,searched and still not showing up uk or USA etc.
Went on again and they told me its a tech fault and will try and get it sorted out.
I then try again and they tried to tell me that I need to select worldwide shipping I said check it out I already have.
Then they said they can view item on eBay usa and uk etc I checked there and then while on chat and still can't see anything.
They then said I need to resist I said did this once already today and why.
Then they said there is a tech fault will get it sorted out.

To be honest they are doing my head in something so simple and im getting all this hassle no wonder less and less people are moving away from ebay when simple things like this they can't sort out or deal with.
I may try ebay USA chat later and see if they can work this out as ones here in oz can't unless the live chat all goes to same place.
As for having a uk ebay account and this au ebay account don't think I can trust the dealing with that,I'm sure I read somewhere that if you have not sold from your oz ebay account before they don't let this item show up international unless you pass certain things like certain amount of feedback,sold before etc but can't see this being issue as would have said and anyway I have 15 all positive feedbacks iniz ebay account,don't see why I should be limited to where my item is seen or what sort of auction I can list as in fixed price with best offer vs asking price with buy it now should not make any difference in why it's not seen overseas.

Pollyana Apr 9th 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by brian.w (Post 11614473)
I can't even see an option on my settings to show item for international market, I have been on eBay au live chat several times today and they are doing my head in.
First they said cause I have it listed as a fixed auction with the option of a best offer I needed to change this and use auction on what I seen I could list item for what I wanted in hope I get sold or add a buy it now feature.

This is ok but I prefer if I'm getting offers I may want to take the offer,so I did as they said and relisted the auction,searched and still not showing up uk or USA etc.
Went on again and they told me its a tech fault and will try and get it sorted out.
I then try again and they tried to tell me that I need to select worldwide shipping I said check it out I already have.
Then they said they can view item on eBay usa and uk etc I checked there and then while on chat and still can't see anything.
They then said I need to resist I said did this once already today and why.
Then they said there is a tech fault will get it sorted out.

To be honest they are doing my head in something so simple and im getting all this hassle no wonder less and less people are moving away from ebay when simple things like this they can't sort out or deal with.
I may try ebay USA chat later and see if they can work this out as ones here in oz can't unless the live chat all goes to same place.
As for having a uk ebay account and this au ebay account don't think I can trust the dealing with that,I'm sure I read somewhere that if you have not sold from your oz ebay account before they don't let this item show up international unless you pass certain things like certain amount of feedback,sold before etc but can't see this being issue as would have said and anyway I have 15 all positive feedbacks iniz ebay account,don't see why I should be limited to where my item is seen or what sort of auction I can list as in fixed price with best offer vs asking price with buy it now should not make any difference in why it's not seen overseas.

things may have changed since i started but i have been selling here for 8 years and have been selling internationally since day one. i will admit I have never gone for the offer thing, I prefer auctions or Buy it now.

ebays info is here About selling internationally and it certainly agrees with all I did, select the countries I will ship to, put in the shipping options, and then it shows on the other sites. of course when searching on the other sites you have to make sure your search parameters are Worldwide. And you probably have to list when logged in to the Aus site, not sure you can log in to the US site and list it from there.

Ebay does have its own forum, maybe ask ther? Answer Centre - The eBay Community

Rio121 Apr 9th 2015 10:15 am

When I did something similar eBay made it terribly difficult to even access my account in Oz, let alone sell.

brian.w Apr 9th 2015 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11614510)
things may have changed since i started but i have been selling here for 8 years and have been selling internationally since day one. i will admit I have never gone for the offer thing, I prefer auctions or Buy it now.

ebays info is here About selling internationally and it certainly agrees with all I did, select the countries I will ship to, put in the shipping options, and then it shows on the other sites. of course when searching on the other sites you have to make sure your search parameters are Worldwide. And you probably have to list when logged in to the Aus site, not sure you can log in to the US site and list it from there.

Ebay does have its own forum, maybe ask ther? Answer Centre - The eBay Community

I do get any options on countries etc im starting to give up on this ebay who deal with this seem to not have a clue never had this carry on when using ebay in uk

Pollyana Apr 9th 2015 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rio121 (Post 11614534)
When I did something similar eBay made it terribly difficult to even access my account in Oz, let alone sell.

Do they sell spam on ebay?:sneaky:

Bye