Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Easy Entry For Foreign Workers

Easy Entry For Foreign Workers

Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Entry For Foreign Workers

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm just messing with you with the superior Germany comments Heinz. Apart from housing culture, pension policy, the Euro and their pathetic green energy policy, Germany gets a lot right but is far from perfect

Bully for them and their taxpayers if they take in massive amounts of syrian and other refugees. They're storing up a whole lot of future hurt but if their people are happy with this then party on. Australia takes loads of refugees and gives them plenty of support - if they come in legally via the UNHCR. If they pay people smugglers then they are not welcome - a position that the majority of the electorate is happy with. Works for me too

Hard work is only respected in Germany and not Australia? Wow, you learn something new every day
I fully realise that Heinrich. Most the things you claim to dislike outside of the Euro, are what contributes towards the nations greatness. Green energy policy, though tiresome at times as well.

I am going through a lawyer at the moment over there taking action against the local government which is tiresome but expect to win. But use is as an example that not all is honky dorey.

Australia actually takes few refugees it is a misconception but the tough policy implemented allows the doors open elsewhere without the questioning that should be asked. (Hardly call 13,750 a lot) But you as many toe the government line.

Germany sends a lot back but still feels a responsibility due to history and its wealth to be generous and with declining population is judged as necessary in some quarters.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Germany is my home, my fraulein has been pouring the beers and brewing mi cuppa
for 35 yrs now, even more now we have settled in the rhein-hessen area.
My English-Deutsch kids(4), made and born around Europe have now followed their
parents, and have spread their wings around the globe, and my Schwarzwalderin,
allows me to enjoy the delights of other frauleins pouring out the necktar...so long
as its only the Drink.
Melbourne is long behind me, actually before I met my wife, but its true Aussies are
friendlier outside Oss, but that may stay true for all of us once we leave our diverse
homelands.I never left my roots, I suppose, but ropes and bonds are set adrift.
unless......I weaken for a good ol porkpie, or fish n chips and mushy peas.
The English pub is no longer sacred, nor particular shops.Though a good Indian or
chinese in England still takes some beating.
I have thought about moving there on a permanent basis but afraid my pension hasn't been paid into for a few decades and my partner and I have different ideas on locations.

Lived in the south not far from Tubingen. Know the entire area rather well including Stuttgart.
A little parochial but a great area with easy access to Switzerland, in France in less than two hours.

Actually I wondered if a Fish and Chip joint would work there? An Englander has recently started a very successful up market fish and chip establishment in Paris. Going very well, so much so that he intends to expand. Not just with fish and chip deprived fellow Brit's either. French are flocking to it.

Still looking at other places to relocate as don't particularly want to get old in Australia. But each to their own. Have a few ideas up my sleeve but none include Germany to date, but will always be a regular visitor there.

Have an English mate from Perth,moving there in less than three weeks to join his girlfriend. Looks like for keeps.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:29 am
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I have thought about moving there on a permanent basis but afraid my pension hasn't been paid into for a few decades and my partner and I have different ideas on locations.

Lived in the south not far from Tubingen. Know the entire area rather well including Stuttgart.
A little parochial but a great area with easy access to Switzerland, in France in less than two hours.

Actually I wondered if a Fish and Chip joint would work there? An Englander has recently started a very successful up market fish and chip establishment in Paris. Going very well, so much so that he intends to expand. Not just with fish and chip deprived fellow Brit's either. French are flocking to it.

Still looking at other places to relocate as don't particularly want to get old in Australia. But each to their own. Have a few ideas up my sleeve but none include Germany to date, but will always be a regular visitor there.

Have an English mate from Perth,moving there in less than three weeks to join his girlfriend. Looks like for keeps.
Australia and NZ are for some great places to make a life, though I have been to both,
and had thoughts of making NZ my home on 2 occasions, it was the distance from
other parts of the world that made me think otherwise.My Globetrotting and working living in other cultures, would of been near impossible, simply financially.
Plus easier to learn other Languages.
I could recommend both Germany or France,even Spain but I believe it is up to the
individuals situation and what pulls or entices them or what coincidences holds
them to a country.Also some can get to grips with one language better than another,
though I prefer Spanish.Many years ago met a clique of aussis and kiwis, all spoke
spanish a couple also portugese, we took 6 months out together and rode the backbone of Spain/Portugal on horseback..

The idea of fish n chips in Germany/France, in France met a few expats in France
who took it up, mainly with a van, having a small Brit-shop to fallback to.
Germany, know of only a couple of Brit-shops but no f+c.There are Quite a few Brit/Irish pubs do fish n chips and English/Irish breakfasts.
I have taken early retirement, and I am having serious thoughts on a 'Ye ol pie shop'
theme, using the christmas market, as a springboard.
These markets do, do a great business on Fish n Chips German style.In the past spoke to some, they all concured, ok at seaside towns, and on a fish restaurant menue,or weekly markets but not a goer as an Individual business, even with vans.Unless one was prepared to do the market-runs.
Alot of costs and license preperation, before one gets off the ground, many imbiss
stands have had to close, because of ever changing rules and regulations with costs.
It seems the doner and pizza shops can ride it better, but one sees them now, falling
down.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know Esperanto was devised in 1887?
It means "the hoping one".

That's me and I'm hoping to understand what the fook is being said.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I've got it
Attached Thumbnails Easy Entry For Foreign Workers-muppets_statler_waldorf.jpg