Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DVD on Melbourne & Suburbs....

DVD on Melbourne & Suburbs....

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Default DVD on Melbourne & Suburbs....

Found this DVD on EBAY (click on link below)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3368414903

Thought it might be interesting to some.

regards,

65KK

:lecture:
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:20 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

people do buy the weirdest things in the first place dont they? i mean why have they got 20 of them.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:23 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
people do buy the weirdest things in the first place dont they? i mean why have they got 20 of them.
Don't you think they've made it themselves? It says homemade in the description.

Jane
Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Jaye is an unknown quantity at this point

What a good idea, certainly would give people a brief look at areas & housing before they pay out for flights etc.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Thumbs up

So what if it's been homemade. Its probably not worthwhile for a professional company to make such a production. I agree with "J". It's a good idea and what is most important afterall is the information it can pass onto people interested.

Good luck to them I say.

regards,

65KK
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:36 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 65 million
So what if it's been homemade. Its probably not worthwhile for a professional company to make such a production. I agree with "J". It's a good idea and what is most important afterall is the information it can pass onto people interested.

Good luck to them I say.

regards,

65KK
I wasn't objecting to it being homemade, I was just offering an explanation as to why somebody would have 20 of them. Its probably them that made it, they didn't buy 20!

Jane
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Hi Jane,

Yes, I quite agree. They probably were the producers.

A good idea though! There must be loads of people heading to Australia with very little idea of what they are going to find.

Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD on Melbourne & Suburbs....

Found this DVD on EBAY (click on link below)

Thought it might be interesting to some.

regards,

65KK

:lecture:
Just out of interest and it is purely co-incidental (I'm not implying anything here) but I read an article over the weekend about how many counterfeit goods are offered for sale on eBAY. Case studies mentioned golf clubs, DVD's etc. One guy was flogging millions of pounds worth of counterfeit goods under numerous different names and not surprisingly people couldn't contact the seller to get refunds.:scared: The article also mentioned the famous Barras (barrows) in Glasgow which is Europe's largest outdoor market. £'s millions worth of counterfeit goods are sold there weekly.

OzTennis
Old Dec 8th 2003, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

The good thing about ebay is that they record a sellers history, or shows wether a seller has a History or not.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3368414903

In this case if you go to the item it shows the sellers name and a rating of maximus-33( 47) the number in brackets refers to feedback from previous buys or sells that person has done.

If you click on the number 47 from the rating you read feedback from others. it also says the buyer has had 100% positive feedback, so in this case they seem to be decent people and have done atleast 47 previous satisfactory trades.

Ebay is great for that kind of reassurance. I regulary shop on there and have never had a problem, saying that I would not buy off anyone with a positive rating of less than 5 just to be safe.

Basically each time people buy and sell from one another, bothe the buyer and seller has the chance to give feedback on each other. its in sellers interests to keep buyers happy.

Hope this info helps.

Old Dec 8th 2003, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The good thing about ebay is that they record a sellers history, or shows wether a seller has a History or not.

In this case if you go to the item it shows the sellers name and a rating of maximus-33( 47) the number in brackets refers to feedback from previous buys or sells that person has done.

If you click on the number 47 from the rating you read feedback from others. it also says the buyer has had 100% positive feedback, so in this case they seem to be decent people and have done atleast 47 previous satisfactory trades.

Ebay is great for that kind of reassurance. I regulary shop on there and have never had a problem, saying that I would not buy off anyone with a positive rating of less than 5 just to be safe.

Basically each time people buy and sell from one another, bothe the buyer and seller has the chance to give feedback on each other. its in sellers interests to keep buyers happy.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers. Obviously all the people who bought their 'genuine' Calloway Golf Clubs at half price and the DVD's didn't do this! As you say though if you take all the right precautions it is a very useful site. (And the big retailers are wondering why most of them have had to start their sales at the beginning of December!)

OzTennis
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Just ordered one of these yesterday, will let you know what I think.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Jaye
Just ordered one of these yesterday, will let you know what I think.

Please do. I am thinking of buying it, although don't have a DVD player apart from on my laptop. Would be interested to know the quality and whether it would be worth watching it on a small laptop screen as opposed to a tv.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is a good idea,
I was looking for a video on Perh.
Sent off for one from their tourist board never heard back !!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:23 am
Just Joined

I've recently purchased one of these dvd's. I paid by
Paypal and got the item the very next day.

The dvd gives you a front page menu and gives you the
choice of playing all or going to the chapter
selection. for your benefit Ive listed all the
chapters which are:

Melbourne City Centre, Box Hill & Shopping Centre,
Drive to Burwood, South Gippsland Highway, Templestow,
Eltham, Rowville, Rowville showhomes, Doncaster,
Doncaster East, Diamond Creek, Princes Highway,
Packenham Showhomes (1), Packenham town, Packenham
showhomes (2), Narre Warren South, Berwick springs
showhomes, Fountain Gate shopping Centre, Beaconsfield
and finally Berwick town.

In all the second half of the dvd is far better than
the first half. Its not that "entertaining" and the
commentary isn't the best in the world, but it is very
informative and has given me a much better idea of
housing and what the areasare like that we intend to
move to. The show homes they tour around are amazing!
The standard of housing is incredible and particularly
liked the walks around the inside of the showhomes.
Also an indoor shopping centre called Fountain gate
where you can actually see the floor. If you want a
highly polished professional video, then this is not
for you. However if you accept that its a homemade dvd
and just accept it for the information it holds then
for me its given me a far better idea of what various
areas are like and areas that are currently being
developed.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Thats brilliant - thanks for the information. I think I'll buy it. Overall did they state the cost of the houses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.