Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfering money form UK to Oz?

Transfering money form UK to Oz?

Old May 31st 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice
Default Transfering money form UK to Oz?

Hello fellow BE members!

Anyone know of a good company with good rates that can transfer money from my UK bank account to my Oz one? And the time it takes? Thanks for your help!! As I need it for a home deposit!!!!
Old May 31st 2010, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfering money form UK to Oz?

Originally Posted by Scoult
Hello fellow BE members!

Anyone know of a good company with good rates that can transfer money from my UK bank account to my Oz one? And the time it takes? Thanks for your help!! As I need it for a home deposit!!!!
www.tranzfers.com

Usually takes about 3 days, costs $15 or £7 depending on which way the money is going!!
Old May 31st 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
www.tranzfers.com

Usually takes about 3 days, costs $15 or £7 depending on which way the money is going!!
thanks for that you are a star!
Old May 31st 2010, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that you are a star!
They are quick and very easy to use, been transferring cash both ways with them for years now If there are problems, which is very unusual, they are very good at fixing things quickly too.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:54 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
www.tranzfers.com

I use Tranzfers all the time but thats from Oz to UK. If I have to transfer from UK to Oz I actually use my UK bank (Halifax) which does it within 24 hrs and costs 9 quid I think. Tranzfers usually takes about 3 working days.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:57 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We used Ozforex. Very easy to set up and we got a great rate. The first time we moved money over to buy a car and we used the bank, which was a mistake as it took a surprisingly long time (a week) and the rate was crap.

When it came to the house money we used Ozforex and they were brilliant. Very quick and easy plus the rate was so much better than the bank. I have used them a few times since them and am about to use them again soon! The minimum amount to transfer with them is about $2000 dollars (in AU funds).

If you do a search on this board you'll find lots of discussion on either Ozforex or Transferz. I might be wrong but I thought most people use Transferz for smaller amounts, which is really useful for regular payments for bills, etc.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello fellow BE members!

I would definitely recommend UKForex (OZForex in the UK). Once you are registered with them it is very easy to transfer funds and at a much better rate than the banks.
Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

we are in the process of moving money over.we used ozforex who are good.
1 problem we have had was with our uk bank releasing the money.we have 115,000gbp and they blocked the transfer.something to do with money laundering protection.we had to write a letter to the bank with copies of our passports as proof to get them to release the funds which put us back 2 weeks.
another good company is torfx
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be transferring money from South Africa to Oz soon and will be using

https://exchange4free.co.uk/en

If that pans out well costs wise, I may use them too for UK money to Oz.

Although I have registered and tested OzForex/UkForex which worked pretty well.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jun 3rd 2010 at 10:15 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
we are in the process of moving money over.we used ozforex who are good.
1 problem we have had was with our uk bank releasing the money.we have 115,000gbp and they blocked the transfer.something to do with money laundering protection.we had to write a letter to the bank with copies of our passports as proof to get them to release the funds which put us back 2 weeks.
another good company is torfx

Good point! I will remember to inform my bank beforehand so this delay does not occur.

Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Good point! I will remember to inform my bank beforehand so this delay does not occur.

Thanks.
no worries.llyodds tsb rang me last night to say they were transfering the funds and to check they had the right ozforex account numbers.checked our aussie account today and its here already.less than 24hrsnow we can start the new house build
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
no worries.llyodds tsb rang me last night to say they were transfering the funds and to check they had the right ozforex account numbers.checked our aussie account today and its here already.less than 24hrsnow we can start the new house build
Yeah I'm with Lloyds too. I'll give them plenty of notice of my intentions to move the money.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:43 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hello fellow BE members!

I can definitely recommend Tranzfers (for under $2,000.00) and OzForex for more. There are part of the same company which I believe I'm right in saying is part of Macquarie Bank. I have been getting my pension sent over every month for the last 4 years without a hitch.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I use HiFx for big amounts. Ozforex fir small

Happy with both on every front
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I'm just wondering if these companies charge you a commission rate for doing this for you or a one off payment. I'm about to transfer our money through Halo Financial and they have told me I have to set up a bank account with ANZ before they can do the transfer. I can't find anywhere where it says you need to pay for this service and just wondering if anyone knows

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.