Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving From The Shire into Sydney

Driving From The Shire into Sydney

Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving From The Shire into Sydney

Originally Posted by paddyo
I drive through the Shire every day on my way to work at two locations, Kings Cross and Parramatta.
I live near Wollongong and my daily commute is equitable for both locations which is about 1hr 15 mins door to door normal but extend that to 1hr 30 mins when peak.
If you are going into the CBD then the traffic starts backing up from the A1/Old Princes Highway junction, if going to Western Sydney then it tends to start backing up at Padstow Heights. This is Peak time, off peak its not too bad.
Like others have suggested, if you can, use the train, every 20 mins to Sutherland.

Cheers Paddyo,

We have a few mates in the same area and they have pretty much said the same as you, with regards to traveling from The Gong.

It might be worth us looking around that area as we are due to move to Sydney.
Our mates absolutely love it there.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, have you made the decision then??
Old Jan 9th 2015, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Cheers Paddyo,

We have a few mates in the same area and they have pretty much said the same as you, with regards to traveling from The Gong.

It might be worth us looking around that area as we are due to move to Sydney.
Our mates absolutely love it there.
The Gong needs a fast train to Sydney. So does Newcastle. It's a joke that in 2015 that both cities don't have one.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Oh, have you made the decision then??
Yiiiip! Only because I daren't get on a plane to go back to the UK........ and other reasons of course!

Originally Posted by Beoz
The Gong needs a fast train to Sydney. So does Newcastle. It's a joke that in 2015 that both cities don't have one.
Yes you are right, there's a lot of infrastructure planned for Sydney apparently, so my other half tells me, let's hope the said train lines are in the plans.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yiiiip! Only because I daren't get on a plane to go back to the UK........ and other reasons of course!

Yes you are right, there's a lot of infrastructure planned for Sydney apparently, so my other half tells me, let's hope the said train lines are in the plans.
Tonnes but that particular idea is not. Some rubbish about the tracks need to a certain height above the ground therefore existing lines are no go.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
Tonnes but that particular idea is not. Some rubbish about the tracks need to a certain height above the ground therefore existing lines are no go.
Oh you're joking! I wonder what they will do then, Oh actually, I've just remembered husband said summut about a massive tunnel being built, not The North Connex but another. I wonder if that's the answer?
Old Jan 9th 2015, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh you're joking! I wonder what they will do then, Oh actually, I've just remembered husband said summut about a massive tunnel being built, not The North Connex but another. I wonder if that's the answer?
Plenty of tunneling projects in Syd but nothing connecting the surrounding areas. Should be helping to include people in the Gong, Newcastle, Central Coast and the Blue Mountains easier access to Sydney.