Reload this Page >

don’t know if it is all worth it

don’t know if it is all worth it

Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:00 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: don’t know if it is all worth it

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
P.S. And to top it all off I now have some grey hairs (Ahhhhhhhhhh)
If only the odd few, tweezers work.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

pobby is on a distinguished road

talk about "these things are sent to try us"
I would say to hang on to your dream..you have come so far and i think it would be such a shame to give up on it now...just imagine how much more you will appreciate Oz when you finally get there!!
GOOD LUCK!
Pobby
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:02 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you've had a run of rotten luck but yes it is worth it!

Think on this:

It's spring now and the housing market could start to pick up again, hasn't there been/about to be an decrease in interest rates?.

How sick would you feel if you pulled the plug on the whole thing and then other houses in your street started to sell?

It's horrible to get yourself geared up for something and then have it all pulled away from you at the last moment but think of what you stand to gain.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:35 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell empathy is not one of you best qualities

I think what Vash was trying to say is that emigration is a huge undertaking that involves a lot of stress and emotional hardship - I think he was trying to say if you are wondering if it is all worth it at this stage then maybe you should question how committed you are to the whole process because it can be one hell of a nightmare and there's probably even more stress involved once you finally do arrive in Oz!

FWIW however I think you should go and give it your best shot - for some emigrating to Oz is the best decision they ever make in life, if you don't go you'll never know what may have been, good luck with the house sale
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for the response on this (even Sash), I know deep down that I have to give it a go otherwise I will regret it for the rest of my life never knowing What IF I Had Gone.

Lee

P.S. Thanks Wendy for that link it made me smile.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by verystormy
This terrified us. And as some may have seen on other threads we got a "buyer" from a local landlord who buys to let. But he has started being a bit iffy and we suspect that because he knows our situation, will wait till the last second and say he can only offer x.
Well, in the end we have decided to sell to one of these companies that gauruntee to buy your house. We are getting less than the market value, but given there are three of my neighbours whose houses are for sale for the same price and havent had a viewing for over three months, i arent that bothered.
I have a job to start and we couldnt even afford the flights without the house sale, so had to take it.
Keep your chin up, from what i have read on here, getting another good job offer when you get out there with your skills wont be too big an issue

How much less do they buy the properties for?? A relative suggested it to us, but our house has only been up for just over 2 weeks and we don't have our visa yet anyway!!! But I suppose it is something to consider.

Basty
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:44 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
but how do you know if you dont give it a try?
Give what a try? Hull? Thinking? Moving?

I just don't do happy clappy smilie faces, cyberhugs (Jesus ...) and another 'Good Luck!', but maybe that's all people want to hear these days.

It boils down to this rather raw truth ...

If someone doesn't know if it's worth up-rooting their world and have to turn to this forum for advice then there is a probably a decent reason behind the scenes for not doing it. Which will in all likelihood not be helped by another mindless 'Go For It!'.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:03 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Give what a try? Hull? Thinking? Moving?

I just don't do happy clappy smilie faces, cyberhugs (Jesus ...) and another 'Good Luck!', but maybe that's all people want to hear these days.

It boils down to this rather raw truth ...

If someone doesn't know if it's worth up-rooting their world and have to turn to this forum for advice then there is a probably a decent reason behind the scenes for not doing it. Which will in all likelihood not be helped by another mindless 'Go For It!'.
Awww - Mr Sad Face today?

Here have this:

{{{{Vim}}}}

Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

You unlucky things! Isn't the house selling system a right load of Cr*p!

From what you've said you need to separate the issues out. Although the house sale obviously has an impact on your ability to come out here (and your morale), it's another part of what can be a complicated process.

You look like you've now sold your house. That is separate from your original desire to come to Oz!

No one could blame the guy with the job for not being in a position to hold it for you - however, it shows your employable here.

Being a Carpenter and coming here you have a better chance then many in getting employment. We're in Thornlands 45 mins from Brissy and hubby is a sole trader juggling jobs.

Seems like your just worn out from it all, if you want to read the fate working against you thing into this thats up to you - but you have already invested so much in coming here.

Good luck

T
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:16 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Awww - Mr Sad Face today?

Here have this:

{{{{Vim}}}}

Not sad, I've just removed any veneer of bullshit today.

But thanks for the collection of curly brackets that's made ALL the difference to my life
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:18 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Not sad, I've just removed any veneer of bullshit today.
Your inner warmth still shines through.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:57 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Here goes

Three sales fallen through and one year later we were starting to think about giving up.
Very unfortunate, they should change the law in Englandshire, in Scotland there is no "property chain", if you put in an offer to buy, you have to, even if you're own house sale falls through.

Sounds like you're stressed, don't give up on your dream or you'll always be left wondering what could have been. Why not postpone it for a while until you are less stressed?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
I think what Vash was trying to say is that emigration is a huge undertaking that involves a lot of stress and emotional hardship - I think he was trying to say if you are wondering if it is all worth it at this stage then maybe you should question how committed you are to the whole process because it can be one hell of a nightmare and there's probably even more stress involved once you finally do arrive in Oz!
That's how I read it.... and this is what I wanted to say to the OP so I've quoted!

I know when we applied for visa and sold the house we thought that was the stressful part... but it pales into insignificance once you arrive and start your new life.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridie
That's how I read it.... and this is what I wanted to say to the OP so I've quoted!

I know when we applied for visa and sold the house we thought that was the stressful part... but it pales into insignificance once you arrive and start your new life.
That is so true, I can honestly say that although knowledge etc. is helpful, nothing seems to prepare you for the huge absolute life change. I think its the hardest most overwhelming thing I've ever done - still glad I did it, but wouldn't jump to do it again!!!!

T
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
That is so true, I can honestly say that although knowledge etc. is helpful, nothing seems to prepare you for the huge absolute life change. I think its the hardest most overwhelming thing I've ever done - still glad I did it, but wouldn't jump to do it again!!!!

T
Absolutely, if I'd known just how hard it would be once we arrived I probably would have thought twice...!

BUT all up it's worked out good for us and no regrets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.