Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

View Poll Results: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?
Yes we would love to
50.00%
No we are too busy
0%
No its too cold
5.26%
I'll check my diary
7.89%
Would love to but have something else on
7.89%
Im not really in to meets
5.26%
No its too far to go
23.68%
No, im in the 'We know who you are gang'
2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Originally Posted by soapy
dont u worry u wont be left out lol
i must rmbr to pencil an xmas meet in for ya lol

new years eve thing is a good idea. a few xpats did that last year. we couldnt make it cos we spent xmas and new year with friends. it had all been planned before the ny thing came up. i think we are spending this year with the same friends

I look forward to the meet Soapy.

We were supposed to be in Sydney at the end of August but now have a delay till December.

Hope you all have a good time and i expect some pics!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
I look forward to the meet Soapy.

We were supposed to be in Sydney at the end of August but now have a delay till December.

Hope you all have a good time and i expect some pics!
dont worry, i always post pics
why the delay?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Need to go back to UK briefly (family issues) so can't tie up ends here in time.
Never mind. Good things come to those that wait
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Need to go back to UK briefly (family issues) so can't tie up ends here in time.
Never mind. Good things come to those that wait
good luck then
xmas is not too far away
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:07 am

Fairycakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Soapy,

leaving Hong Kong this eve, on my way to Sydney so would love to come along to the meet on the 28th Aug. Other than finding somewhere to live and a job I don't have too much on my schedule at the mo!

Look forward to it.

Danielle
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Fairycakes
Hi Soapy,

leaving Hong Kong this eve, on my way to Sydney so would love to come along to the meet on the 28th Aug. Other than finding somewhere to live and a job I don't have too much on my schedule at the mo!

Look forward to it.

Danielle
it all sounds exciting Danielle have a great flight and see u next month. uv got amonth to find a home and job, thats easy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:16 pm
Master of verbal pish©

i got a bit bored tonight, so i thought i would do a list of who could come to the sydney meet theres about another 20 missing from this list. but everyone on the list or not should have had an email by now

Wahroonga Boy,
Chris Mitchell,
RichS,
suzysu,
Geordie George,
hedgehog-girl,
Ian12,
jasonK944,
igual,
Un-Co,
Tass,
Peanuts100,
Chalkfarm,
Alan&Sonia,
wezzer,
chels,
rumbletum,
yafm,
Macquarie ,
rapitts
SydneyStace,
chocaholic,
Swaffy,
HeatherandTim,
IpswichToSydney,
manlymonkeys,
jayne+doug,
Milo,
LancashireLass,
dracupg,
mamichelle,
djdutts,
WHEEZY,
PinkGlam,
TOB,
Sandra,
Dick B,
Scott&Berni,
Debbie Jo, SueandIan,
vanriet,
barry&carol,
Bluerobot,
AHamm,
JulesandChris,
Dinky,
bondipom,
kevmitch,
rudo1ph,
Modena,
toos,
l_jg,
Tim & Jan,
squalks,
maxineb,
threlly,
speissi ,
Mummy,
pangit,
nanci,
dougp,
pphillips,
Rog Williams,
windsordave,
beck_wanderer,
Gary / Terri,
Blossy,
ezzie,
John Howard,
wendymaisie,
new horizons,
MELANIE6,
Fairycakes,
Goodwin,
smidgemum2,
NickyC,
told u i was bored
Old Jul 24th 2005, 2:04 am
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future

soapy, we missed the last 2 meets though we had all intentions to be part of it. Something came up in the last minute and we (first time, it was me and second time, it was my wife!!) had to be in the office. As of now, 28th august sounds ok to me and fingers crossed, we shouldnt have anything to jeopardise our plans!! I haven't checked the venue yet but as long as its reachable by car, its fine with us.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 2:10 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by base_sydney
soapy, we missed the last 2 meets though we had all intentions to be part of it. Something came up in the last minute and we (first time, it was me and second time, it was my wife!!) had to be in the office. As of now, 28th august sounds ok to me and fingers crossed, we shouldnt have anything to jeopardise our plans!! I haven't checked the venue yet but as long as its reachable by car, its fine with us.
its very easy to get to and plenty of parking spaces. it will be great to see u there.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:16 am
Master of verbal pish©

Ah hedgehog girt, glad both of you can make it, it will be great to catch up and hear how things are going.
but no blow fish faces please lol
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:19 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Would love to but have something else on.

Getting my eyelids stiched up that day

Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:20 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Would love to but have something else on.

Getting my eyelids stiched up that day
no no, its us lot that need that
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:18 am
Phoenixuk2oz

no no, its us lot that need that

Ha, ha

Aye....mebbe you wouldn't look too bad wiv me beer goggles on
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?-soapy.jpg  

Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s been a while now since the last meet. The ladies night seems to have went well, so lets see if we can have another meet as big as the last one.
I have decided to make it a poll to see how many really want to go.
The details of the meet are.

Right everyone in Sydney. The last meet was so successful that I thought it was about time for a new meet. The venue was fab for adults and kids, so I don’t see any reason to change that either.
http://www.discoversydney.com.au/parks/centennial.html

map
http://www.multimap.com.au/map/brow...&multimap.y=198

map2
http://www.cp.nsw.gov.au/maps/index_ie.htm

now the date is Sunday the 28th of August and the time is 12ish

right, I?ve worked out a meeting place.
If you use map2 from the post above u will get a detailed map of the park. There?s plenty of BBQ sites but I think the best one with toilets and ponds other things to do is......
the BBQ on Grand drive, next to the learners cycleway. Be careful theres 2 BBQs next to each other. If you are unsure check with me.
I’ll post my phone number the night before, just in case.
Now it’s up to u lot to keep this thread going.

Yep count us in - we will have just got back from our hols.
Ian, Robert, Richard & Lee
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:23 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Ha, ha

Aye....mebbe you wouldn't look too bad wiv me beer goggles on
nah, i cant look better, ask mrs soapy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.