Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

View Poll Results: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?
Yes we would love to
50.00%
No we are too busy
0%
No its too cold
5.26%
I'll check my diary
7.89%
Would love to but have something else on
7.89%
Im not really in to meets
5.26%
No its too far to go
23.68%
No, im in the 'We know who you are gang'
2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

It’s been a while now since the last meet. The ladies night seems to have went well, so lets see if we can have another meet as big as the last one.
I have decided to make it a poll to see how many really want to go.
The details of the meet are.

Right everyone in Sydney. The last meet was so successful that I thought it was about time for a new meet. The venue was fab for adults and kids, so I don’t see any reason to change that either.
http://www.discoversydney.com.au/parks/centennial.html

map
http://www.multimap.com.au/map/brow...&multimap.y=198

map2
http://www.cp.nsw.gov.au/maps/index_ie.htm

now the date is Sunday the 28th of August and the time is 12ish

right, I?ve worked out a meeting place.
If you use map2 from the post above u will get a detailed map of the park. There?s plenty of BBQ sites but I think the best one with toilets and ponds other things to do is......
the BBQ on Grand drive, next to the learners cycleway. Be careful theres 2 BBQs next to each other. If you are unsure check with me.
I’ll post my phone number the night before, just in case.
Now it’s up to u lot to keep this thread going.

Last edited by soapy©; Jul 20th 2005 at 11:02 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

all we need now is for a mod to stick this at the top of the Australia page like they did in the lounge
its worth a try he he he
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:56 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Soapy - the answer is yes I would love to but the date is the problem, I am making a flying visit back to the UK for a week and will only arrive in that night! If it had been the Sunday I could have brought my UK treats with me (not to share just to gloat!)

Cheers
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:58 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Just to get u all in the mood here’s a photo of some that made it the last time.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?-meet-6-085.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:59 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Sandra
Soapy - the answer is yes I would love to but the date is the problem, I am making a flying visit back to the UK for a week and will only arrive in that night! If it had been the Sunday I could have brought my UK treats with me (not to share just to gloat!)

Cheers
ok Sandra, lets make it a sunday for a change. its now the 28th
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:04 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

toooo far to go booo hooo
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:07 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by biggy
toooo far to go booo hooo
its funny i only added that bit, cos i thought you, bix, bordy and scossie would add to it lmao
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:30 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Soapy,

I'm in the 'it's too bloody cold' category, I'm afraid! But you know the GG's, we're always up for a meet - just move inside and we'll come!

I know that the Oaks at Neutral Bay was previously suggested - it's a great pub and perfect for Sunday afternoon. Plus they have those grill your own BBQ affairs, so you'd still get to burn food to your satisfaction.

Just an idea?

GG
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:36 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I know that the Oaks at Neutral Bay was previously suggested - it's a great pub and perfect for Sunday afternoon. Plus they have those grill your own BBQ affairs, so you'd still get to burn food to your satisfaction.

Just an idea?

GG
When we drove past last week it looked like it was undergoing some renovation.
It might be best to check that they're not closing parts as they go.
Reminds me of a funny, sat outside in the garden under the trees I heard 2 women discussing what type of trees they might be???
I wanted to shout at them "They're bloody oak trees! Otherwise they'd have called it the Frickin Figs wouldn't they?"
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I voted "it's too far to go"
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi Soapy,

I'm in the 'it's too bloody cold' category, I'm afraid! But you know the GG's, we're always up for a meet - just move inside and we'll come!

Just an idea?

GG
Ho GG, its next month, it wont be cold then u guys, u forget how cold it gets in the uk lol
more people tend to turn up if its in a park. thats why we have went for the park idea. a pub was tried before, but a lot of people were sitting with backs to each other and didnt get a chance to chat. but hey if people want to have it in a pub just tick the 'im not really into meets' box and that will give us an idea of who wants it where.

Last edited by soapy©; Jul 20th 2005 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

wmoore. i should have added a 'i wanna just tick a box for a laugh' option for all u nutters oot there lol
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
wmoore. i should have added a 'i wanna just tick a box for a laugh' option for all u nutters oot there lol
I'd tick that box.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'd tick that box.
See !!!!! uv got awe cheeky since u got your visa
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:47 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by soapy
See !!!!! uv got awe cheeky since u got your visa
I wasn't before?

I could priduce a long petition to renounce that statement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.