Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you get your bush slashed?

Do you get your bush slashed?

Old Jul 31st 2015, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you get your bush slashed?

I am viewing some houses on the sunny coast this weekend. One is in a semi-rural area near Buderim and has a couple of acres of bush land with it. Looks like the current owners get the land slashed periodically.

Anyone know how much it costs to get an acre or two of bush slashed? No point buying a house if the cost of maintaining land (which would be fairly useless to me) is quite a lot!

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2015, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you get your bush slashed?

Originally Posted by stuie83
I am viewing some houses on the sunny coast this weekend. One is in a semi-rural area near Buderim and has a couple of acres of bush land with it. Looks like the current owners get the land slashed periodically.

Anyone know how much it costs to get an acre or two of bush slashed? No point buying a house if the cost of maintaining land (which would be fairly useless to me) is quite a lot!

Thanks
Sometimes ...... we tend to mix it up ........Oh wrong topic ...... sorry.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Can't help on the cost, but i would say that keeping the bushland under control is vital. Too many bushfires spread and threaten or destroy homes because of a lack of control over the growth of trees and scrub. Somif you do buy it, keep it well maintained and have a good bushfire plan in place.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 8:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Love a nicely trimmed bush..
Old Jul 31st 2015, 11:48 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I'm thinking it might be a contender for Post Title of the year........
Old Jul 31st 2015, 2:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, we need to be thinking about that..
Old Jul 31st 2015, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I have a strip of grass where the septic lines run which always grow longer than the rest.

It's a sort of landing strip.

My wife is a bit against slashing - she like the bush to be natural.

Allows living space for animals etc.

I'm on a slope (that's a racist comment in Australia) and so for me outdoor work is all uphill gardening.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 10:08 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I have a strip of grass where the septic lines run which always grow longer than the rest.

It's a sort of landing strip.

My wife is a bit against slashing - she like the bush to be natural.

Allows living space for animals etc.

I'm on a slope (that's a racist comment in Australia) and so for me outdoor work is all uphill gardening.
Liking the bush to be natural is ok, but i'm sure as a firie you can appreciate the need for control.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Liking the bush to be natural is ok, but i'm sure as a firie you can appreciate the need for control.
I was hoping that Finbar Saunders would be along..

Yup, it's nowhere near the house, P. Most people prefer to slash blocks around here - which my wife hates - but I can see often they want useable land. There's a few trees which will come down one day.

I slashed it all years back and will take a chainsaw to some of the saplings in the spring but the reality is that it's hard to get slashing stuff down the back.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 1:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
After reading the thread title...I admit to being surprised by the actual content of this thread.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 7:28 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
After reading the thread title...I admit to being surprised by the actual content of this thread.
I know.......you were hoping to move it to TIO weren't you
Old Aug 1st 2015, 2:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I know.......you were hoping to move it to TIO weren't you
You know me too well!
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't help myself when it came to the post title

For the posters who replied thanks for sharing your... thoughts. My query regarding maintenance of the land was resolved by the house looking pretty shabby and a lot less cared for than it appears in the photos advertising it!

Back to looking at homes on regular plots.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:10 am
Concierge

I couldn't help myself when it came to the post title

For the posters who replied thanks for sharing your... thoughts. My query regarding maintenance of the land was resolved by the house looking pretty shabby and a lot less cared for than it appears in the photos advertising it!

Back to looking at homes on regular plots.
So, you prefer a well cared for, tidy, bush. possibly where the bush has been totally removed?..
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Mixing it up makes sense. Keeps the pimples at arms length and adds much needed nutrients to the soil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.