Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dingos in the northern burbs of Perth??

Dingos in the northern burbs of Perth??

Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:09 pm
Well Endowed Member

The Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really nice
Default Re: Dingos in the northern burbs of Perth??

I recall seeing a couple in the Old Bailey, Joondalup one Friday evening.

Strange creatures ... Leopard print tops, skin tight black pants and poroxide blond hair ...

I could have swore it was a Rod Stewart tribute night.

Originally Posted by 11001001
This is probably a daft question, but is it possible that the occasional wild dingo finds its way into the beachside burbs (eg. Ocean Reef, Mullaloo, Kallaroo) at night?

I went out around 1.30am last night and there were two identical dog-like animals sniffing round my garden. I got a brief look as the security light came on, before they fled, and they really looked like dingos - I couldn't think of a domestic breed that they looked exactly like. No collars or other evidence of domesticity. They stopped across the cul-de-sac and stared at me for a while, as soon as I moved they fled again, running parallel and synchronised (as if they ran together all the time).

Now I have seen large red/brown foxes round here at night, I once nearly ran over a large Emu nearby on Marmion ave, I nearly got knocked off my bike by a roo on a path near to Bunnings, and I've seen any number of dugats around the streets here.

So we do get a bit of wildlife, in this bit of suburbia.

But Dingos??
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dingos in the northern burbs of Perth??

I live in inner Brisbane and the lady across the road has one as a pet.