Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMA - London & 15 month processing time.

DIMA - London & 15 month processing time.

Old Aug 7th 2001, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Anyone heard anymore about the processing time at the London office? I e-mailed them asking if they expected any change in the processing time, but I dont expect a reply as I've not had one on the past......even when I contacted them by snailmail..(on a different topic).

Any views on what will happen after 01 Nov 2001, when all applications go to Aus? What will happen to ours that are already in the system? It would be nice to know, but where do you get an answer from?

Only been waiting since Jan but it would be nice to get on with life...its hard not to wish it away.

Chris.
Old Aug 8th 2001, 1:15 am
Boom

Where did you hear about on 01-Nov-2001 all applications will go to be
processed in Aus ?

Any official announcement ?

Old Aug 8th 2001, 2:48 am
Alan Collett

Official announcement here:
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...a01/r01044.htm

Alan C www.gomatilda.com

Boom Where did you hear about on 01-Nov-2001 all applications will go to be
processed in Aus ?

Any official announcement ?

Old Aug 8th 2001, 7:57 am
Fongyee Long

Alan C, if I am not mistaken, the processing center in Adelaide is set up only to
cater for the new class of visas, namely the overseas students. If the applicant is
an oversea student currently studying in Australia, he/she do not need to submit the
application to DIMA in their home country but to submit to the one in Adelaide
(there's an address in the booklet). Any other application will be lodged, processed
and decided in the Aust. mission in the home country.

Old Aug 8th 2001, 8:18 am
Alan Collett

Hi Fongyee.

As from 1 November 2001 Adelaide will be processing all skilled migration
applications.

At the moment it's not clear whether caseloads from overseas posts will be
transferred to Adelaide - I spoke with DIMA in Adelaide a few days ago and so far as
they knew they were only going to be taking on new applications from 01/11/2001. But
of course that may yet change ....

Alan C www.gomatilda.com

fongyee long Alan C, if I am not mistaken, the processing center in Adelaide is set
up only to cater for the new class of visas, namely the overseas students. If the
applicant is an oversea student currently studying in Australia, he/she do not need
to submit the application to DIMA in their home country but to submit to the one in
Adelaide (there's an address in the booklet). Any other application will be lodged,
processed and decided in the Aust. mission in the home country.

Old Aug 9th 2001, 8:33 am
Fongyee Long

Aik.... is that really true? Phew.. I am glad that I have submitted mine last month.
Moving to Adelaide may delay processing even longer... and contacting Adelaide for
status will be more costly... then again, on the other hand, centralization may be a
good thing also...

It will be interesting to see how things progress...