Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Different sense of humour??

Different sense of humour??

Old Oct 11th 2004, 6:16 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different sense of humour??

Originally Posted by WhiteRose
I lent my Alan Partridge videos to a friend at work the other week. I thought she would find this programme as funny as I do, but she told me today that she "didn't get it!"

Saying that, I watched Kath and Kim last night and I have to say I didn't find that particularly funny.

Is it a difference in Aussie/British sense of humour, or have I got crap taste in comedy?

Agreed. Some aussie shows are great though but others awful. the first series of kath & kim was good but the others were a switch off. partridge is excellent and every AP series was gold. John Saffran and Pizza are good comedy shows, both on monday nights on SBS. 1 thing that does separate the mainstream locals and immigrants with regards to aussie humouris Roy & HG. They stink. the TV networks get them to commentate on the tennis etc but it just doesnt work. comedians tell jokes, not umm and arr in a very amateur fashion whilst interviewing the worlds top sports stars. You might as well film a couple of guys in a pub talking about the olympics or whatever they happen to be talking about. The aussies love em but i am yet to find an expat who is really into them.. Shows like the "comedy show" and "comedy inc." and those sketch type shows dont have a patch on the fast show though..