Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:49 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by mandi248
Glad to see you back Sharon

Well girls I think I've gone and totally lost it! I just can't seem to get back on track, what is the matter with me?? When I was eating healthy I felt good, I wouldn't say great but I felt ok, now since I've been eating cr@p I feel tired, lethargic and I'm coming out in spots, what can I do?

Getting down because we can't sell the house, if we could get the viewers through the door I'm sure we could sell it, but there are no viewers! Have put the house on with another agent so hopefully when they've advertised it and sent the details out we may get a flurry of activity, or is that just wishful thinking?

Had a few errands around town today and I found it hard work, got out of breath and got very red in the face, I seem to be on a slippery slope! I also had a letter from Weight Watchers asking me back, think I may go back as I can't seem to do it on my own!

Hope everyone else is having a better time of it than me.

Mandi

Sorry that you are finding it hard to get back on track, house selling is known to be one of the most stressful things anyway, without adding the need to sell to move across the world.

I think that for me and you could be the same that going to a club be it WW or SW is a good idea, because the percentage of dieters losing weight for a prolonged period of time is (from memory) 70% more likely for group dieters than solo dieters. Or have you thought of the nurse at your local surgery, then you could follow your low GI programme but go to her for weight recording and some one to talk to, ask advice etc. I know two people I know that do this and it is working for them, one is very large, and the other is 3 stone overweight. Or the best like me go to WW and do another diet altogether I just think that when the world is not on your side that you need every little bit of help from anyone and everyone to keep going and sharing your goods and bads of dieting could only help instead of it being just you on your own.

If the tape is not good for you stick it on e-bay and forget it, it is not for everyong atall.

We know that you can do it, because you have lost before. Try and find your "Sod them attitude, it will happen" thats what my gran tells me, when things outside my control where letting me down, when I was in the nurses last week. She said that stress can actually hinder the weight process even when we are being good.

Hope that things turn round for you and binbird on the house front

Love Nicky
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:01 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont let it get you down Mandi.

Well, weighed myself this morning, no change. better than gaining I s'pose but going to start regular exercising this week and hope that shifts some...
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:10 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for the replies. This site is amazing isnt it, it doesnt matter what situations that you are in, there are always other people on here in the same position or worse, I always feel like I am alone in the problem of not being able to be myself and to keep my guard up about Australia but obviously not. You are right Nicky, it isnt very charachter building is it, I just cant wait to sell our house and finally be able to be honest with everyone. Even today I was very nearly caught out, we had a stationary delivery today at work and the stationary delivery man only turned out to be the same man from my old company that I used to chat to, he walked in and said "I thought you were emigrating to Australia" I quickly said oh no we changed our minds...
Nicky, was the diet that made you ill the Mayo diet, it had the same effect on me and made me feel like I had flu so I gave it up after 3 days.
Shirley you are either very brave or mad, dont think I would ever want to see another horse if that had happened to me, mind you if I thought the work would help me shift some weight I might give it a go
Binbird, Mandi, Teach, sending you house selling Karma and some business selling Karma for Theresea and house selling Karma for the 1st June.
Ohippy, wonder why that 11st 13lb eludes us, I will send you some under 12st karma
Lace, I know exactly how you feel, I dont feel like the few people that we have told have accepted it and probably wont until we are on the plane... Cant imagine what it would be like having to go to sisters leaving party knowing that you are going to.... you need your own thunder... Keep up the good dieting work.
Hope you all have a great week with everything!!!!

Sharon
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:39 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

MONDAY WEIGH IN:

Well despite a week of being pretty bad, meals out, chocolate, chocolate and oh did I mention more chocolate (belated Easter present from my mum!) I am the same weight as last week or a pound lighter!!!!!!

Like you Mandi our house went on the market on Friday there - stress city even in the run up getting the house and garden all ready for any potential viewers and even the estate agents!!!!! Very hard to be good when you are stressed.

Will try to get back on track again this week but my motivation is unusually low for some reason - I also felt 10 times better about myself when I was on the diet yet now i'm eating high fat processed foods that give me spots!? Crazy - I just constantly feel tired though. Will try and get back on track for the rest of the week and start making my yummy recipes again - no more excuses.

God its so hard to keep track of how everyone is doing - I don't have as much time to sit on the computer recently but guess you have gotta dedicate the time if you ever want to get to Oz - will be all worth it in the end!

Well done to everyone who stayed the same weight including Binbird my Monday weigh in pal!!!!!!

Who lost 8 pounds!!? Well thats bloody great, what diet are you on?! I wanna try it! Is 8 pounds not too much in 1 week? (not that I would be complaining though )

Lynn
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi there everybody

To those of you who are struggling, you CAN do it. Just focus on your new life in Australia and take it a day at a time and you will reach your goals. We are in this together now, aren't we girls?

I was supposed to do my workout this morning but decided against it because I sort of did something to my back over the weekend. You know when you just bend down to plug in the iron.....it went! It's not too bad now but I will wait till tomorrow morning now to attempt it. Not the end of the world.

By the way, I went to the hairdressers a week ago on Friday. Went in for my usual top up foils (always been blonde). However I left the salon as a brunette, gave my hubby the shock of his life!!! I am quite pleased with it and now he is treating me to a session of sun beds to give me a bit of colour.

Sort of doing okay with the food, have got rewards lined up. But the big bonus is the boob job which I would quite like for my birthday, I will be the big 40 in August. If I have this op I am not supposed to do long flights for 3 months, therefore I really need to get to my goals quick. Preferably would want op 1 month before birthday, therfore need to reach goal by July.
So I have got to stick with it. And I definitely feel much more committed since joining the Dieters for Oz. So thankyou girls for listening.

Speak to you later
Theresa
Coincidence!!!!!!!!!!I went to the hairdressers a couple of weeks ago and also went from foiled blonde to brunette, hubby was gobsmacked!!!!!!lots of people tell me it suits me (including hubby) so I think I will stay like this for a while....good for you.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:31 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
MONDAY WEIGH IN:

Well despite a week of being pretty bad, meals out, chocolate, chocolate and oh did I mention more chocolate (belated Easter present from my mum!) I am the same weight as last week or a pound lighter!!!!!!

Like you Mandi our house went on the market on Friday there - stress city even in the run up getting the house and garden all ready for any potential viewers and even the estate agents!!!!! Very hard to be good when you are stressed.

Will try to get back on track again this week but my motivation is unusually low for some reason - I also felt 10 times better about myself when I was on the diet yet now i'm eating high fat processed foods that give me spots!? Crazy - I just constantly feel tired though. Will try and get back on track for the rest of the week and start making my yummy recipes again - no more excuses.

God its so hard to keep track of how everyone is doing - I don't have as much time to sit on the computer recently but guess you have gotta dedicate the time if you ever want to get to Oz - will be all worth it in the end!

Well done to everyone who stayed the same weight including Binbird my Monday weigh in pal!!!!!!

Who lost 8 pounds!!? Well thats bloody great, what diet are you on?! I wanna try it! Is 8 pounds not too much in 1 week? (not that I would be complaining though )

Lynn
lol, I wish. Think it was me that lost the 8lb but that took 3 weeks although I did lose 9lb yes 9lb on my first ever week at slimming world, ate like a horse but all the right stuff and did 3 x 3 mile walks.. Thank god my mates that joined with me had seen me eat and eat and walk, as the slimming world lady thought I had been starving myself, I then went on to lose 6lb the second week and then a constant 3 or 4 lb and then blew the lot when the summer came and I had 3 holidays
Just showed me really how I must eat breakfast and eat nothing after 6pm and not to eat nearly half a loaf of white bread a day....
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:47 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Coincidence!!!!!!!!!!I went to the hairdressers a couple of weeks ago and also went from foiled blonde to brunette, hubby was gobsmacked!!!!!!lots of people tell me it suits me (including hubby) so I think I will stay like this for a while....good for you.
I wish I could have a change sometimes, My whole family would send me to Coventry if I did. They spent a fortune trying to keep their natural blonde and mine is staying all by itself, well I think it's actually getting gray now, lol.
Sarah
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Right here I am cracking my fingers................... here we go..............
Mandi GET OUT OF THE BLOODY FRIDGE!!

Nicki GET OFF THE CITRIC ACID GIRL, WHAT ARE YOU A MOUSE OR A MOUSE WELL WELL SOON HONEY! LOL

Shirley GOD KNOWS, KEEP UP WITH THE WEIGHT THING OR ELSE THE PUPPY GETS IT!

Theresa ISN'T YOUR NAME HARD TO SPELL! WELL IT IS FOR A DUMB BLONDE CHICK LIKE ME LOL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HONEY!

Bin Bird YOUR JUST TOO PERFECT ALREADY BOO HOO! i CAN PICTURE YOUR BODY AND i KNOW FOR SOMEONE TO DO AS MUCH GYM AS YOU, YOUR EITHER MAD OR MAD! AND FIT!

BIRDIEJ HEY NOT HEARD YA FOR AGES NOT LONG TO GO NOW PETAL

shazza kEEP GOING ARE ON THE SLIMMING WORLD? HAVE A GREEN DAY IF YOUR NOT THEN ONLY ONE SLICE OF TOAST TONGIHT!

LYNN LOVES SUN SO................... YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE IN IT IN A WHILE, KEEP YA CHIN UP AND IF YOU ARE ME, THEN YOU CAN KEEP TWO CHINS UP LOL.

S/Nurse HEY HEY NEW HAIRSTYLE EH! NEW WOMAN, WELL DONE GO GIRL!

OK! I think that is more or less everyone my sister is having a break down cos this moving to Oz is harder than she thought it would be. Bless her!

Can I tell you all a secret! SEX! I lost a 1lb after it and it has stayed off, other half is on blood pressure tablets now but hey, you can't have everything. lol lol

good night, god bless nice dreams speak to ya tomoz

hugs Lace x
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:37 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21

Nicki GET OFF THE CITRIC ACID GIRL, WHAT ARE YOU A MOUSE OR A MOUSE WELL WELL SOON HONEY! LOL

Theresa ISN'T YOUR NAME HARD TO SPELL! WELL IT IS FOR A DUMB BLONDE CHICK LIKE ME LOL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HONEY!

Bin Bird YOUR JUST TOO PERFECT ALREADY BOO HOO! i CAN PICTURE YOUR BODY AND i KNOW FOR SOMEONE TO DO AS MUCH GYM AS YOU, YOUR EITHER MAD OR MAD! AND FIT!

shazza kEEP GOING ARE ON THE SLIMMING WORLD? HAVE A GREEN DAY IF YOUR NOT THEN ONLY ONE SLICE OF TOAST TONGIHT!

LYNN LOVES SUN SO................... YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE IN IT IN A WHILE, KEEP YA CHIN UP AND IF YOU ARE ME, THEN YOU CAN KEEP TWO CHINS UP LOL.

OK! I think that is more or less everyone my sister is having a break down cos this moving to Oz is harder than she thought it would be. Bless her!

Can I tell you all a secret! SEX! I lost a 1lb after it and it has stayed off, other half is on blood pressure tablets now but hey, you can't have everything. lol lol

hugs Lace x

Lace, I've said it before and I'll say it again "Bonkers"

I tried to send you karma for keeping us all in fits of laughter - it must help the pounds fly off us (wishful thinking!) Need to spread my karma first so I'll get back to you when I can. . . . .

Binbird
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Binbird I am the same need to spread my Karma, however, where I am going to spead it and who too when they wont let me have any more I don't know.
Is there an Irish in the house!! (No offence to Irish, I am Irish decent and I think Guiness is a wonderful thing)
lol
I have got to go to bed this Degree is killing me lol
see you in the morning Binbird i'm on auto pilot typing now!
lace x
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lacey21

hugs Lace x
Cheers Lace lol have some karma
jacqui
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:38 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Youngest daughter has refused to go to playgroup this morning on the grounds of it being too babyish for her (!) Not bad from a three year old but she is going on 13! So I shall have to put my resolve to the test later again and see if I can drag myself off to the gym when hubby gets home tonight. . . .

Have a good day everyone.

Binbird
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by binbird
Morning all

Youngest daughter has refused to go to playgroup this morning on the grounds of it being too babyish for her (!) Not bad from a three year old but she is going on 13! So I shall have to put my resolve to the test later again and see if I can drag myself off to the gym when hubby gets home tonight. . . .

Have a good day everyone.

Binbird
I know what you mean about dragging yourself to motivate myself to go to the gym I have to write it in my diary along with all the other important stuff then it also becomes important. I know it sounds sad but if it's written down I feel like I've really missed out if I don't go...it's a psycological tip I was given a long time ago! I tend to fit the gym in around my shifts and I go at various times although I prefer the morning as it sets me up for the day. I also like to try different classes to break it up a bit, I went to Khai bo last week, mix of eastern and european kick boxing. I must admit that I hurt in bits I did'nt know I had got when it had finished!!!!!
Just think how good you will feel when you have finished
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:29 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Lace you are loopy but you do make me laugh. Just one question though - what puppy? I have 2 cats and a rabbit, and if the rabbit could get it, it could help me out a little!!! Hubby had to get up to him at 3 this morning as he was making a hell of a racket.

Anyway, I got weighed this morning and I have stayed the same. I am glad, due to the pizza fiaso (and the rest!) last week I really expected to gain some. Still I think it was a lucky escape and I promise I am back on the straight and narrow. I am going to go and get a creme egg later and put it in the freezer. Hubby is staying over in London tonight, he always does 1 day a week but its usually Thursday. So in view of what happened last week I am planning ahead.

I am seriously thinking of going back to Slimming World, I believe they have updated things a little since I last went (2 years ago), If anyone can confirm this I would be grateful. If they haven't I may not bother.

Today I have a college friend coming over so we can do some studying and usually I behave in company, and I have already planned lunch and dinner. I only usually do dinner and think of lunch at the last minute.

I like s/nurse's idea of writing gym visits in your diary, but I never remember to use a diary.However, I could start writing it down on the calendar in the kitchen. Will give that some thought!

Have a good day all.

Shirley
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh no Shirley it can't be the rabbit then it has to be the CATS. I don't know I have lost the plot! I am whooping from all this bloody work I have to do for uni. I keep going in and they keep giving me more. The only diary I have is to say when I have finished this bloody course! Here I am again on the puter doing the research thing. This better be worth it or ever ones cats get it!!!! lol
Keep up the good work guys I am today. I weigh in tomorrow!

See ya later Design degree calls......................................

Lace x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.